“Fantastic French Bakery”

Le Chic French Bakery
Ranked #6 of 22 Bakeries in Miami Beach
Reviewed March 13, 2018

Le Chic French Bakery is a small French Bakery and is located near the intersection of Washington Avenue and 11th Street in South Beach. It is located a few blocks west of the beach and about a mile from the southern tip of Miami Beach. This restaurant has been making fantastic baguettes and croissants since the early 1990’s. This place is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner but it seems more like a breakfast and desert restaurant. Le Chic French Bakery is pretty small and there are only about 6 tables in it.

I dined here with my wife on a Sunday morning in mid-February and thought this French bakery was fantastic. I had an awesome and giant Almond Croissant and thought it was great (it was so big it was hard to finish). The coffee was pretty good but was not great (it was a little too strong for my taste). My wife ordered a plain croissant and she really enjoyed it. We were lucky that we got one of the few tables. A couple of selfish customers were just sitting at their table playing on their phone (they had clearly finished their food a while back). The place had a steady stream of customers so it took a little time to get our food.

Overall I really enjoyed my Almond Croissant and highly recommend this place. The only downside is that it is busy and there are not many tables to sit down and enjoy your food. Many people ordered their pastries and took them to go (otherwise it would have been a zoo inside it). I will definitely go back on my next trip to South Beach.

Reviewed March 9, 2018

If you walk by early in the morning, the smell of the fresh baked bread is intoxicating and surely will draw you in. Look over the counter and you will see a full operating gang of ovens and trays of freshly baked bread all over the place.

Their pastries are French/Mediterranean with a touch of eastern European. They have an apricot pastry that I have seen only in Budapest and my late mother-in-law's kitchen prior to here!

There is some limited seating, mostly at high-boys so this is primarily a commercial bakery for the trade, but serves off-the-street customers like you and I and the locals. They friendly 2 or 3 ladies usually behind the counter will serve you for a take-away light meal of espresso and pastry or serve you, if you require at one of the very small tables. I walk with a cane and they are always prompt to offer to carry my colada and pastry to the small table reserved for "The handicapped". Nice touch for a small place. But then, it has had a ramp access to its front door since before the Americans-with-Disabilities-Act! They are just nice people.

If you've been to France or Italy, you are used to seeing pedestrians walking home with one or two loaves of bread, or baguettes, or whatever, tucked under their arm. Well, you will see them exiting Le Chic every morning in this manner. Their bread, as the saying goes, is to "die for".

As much as I love this place, I used to be annoyed with them because they opened "so late" for off-the-street business even though they had been baking since the early hours. They have been opening at 06:00 for some time so I love them even more!

Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

The key lime pie and cherry strudel were ridiculously delicious. Wish I had found this place on the first day of my trip and not the last. Also got a sandwich. Ingredients were fresh and bread is all homemade. All of this for about $20 and worth every penny. Do yourself a favor and grab some food here.

Reviewed January 26, 2018 via mobile

This place is just opposite the hotel we stayed in. The French bakery is a little gem. They make their bakery fresh everyday! Coffee is also very nice, so is the price tag.

Reviewed January 9, 2018 via mobile

We had ham and cheese croissant and strawberry croissant as a quick bite to take away. DELICIOUS!
$8 for two croissants and a coffee was very reasonably priced.