US$317
US$371
US$299
loewshotels.com
  • Pool
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$299
Official Website
US$355
US$328
  • Beachfront
The Confidante Miami Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$197
Hyatt.com
US$216
  • Breakfast included
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
US$319
US$288
thepalmshotel.com
US$329
  • Beachfront
SLS South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$385
US$308
  • Beachfront
All reviewsrooftop poolsouth beachlincoln roadliving areasmall kitchenrooms are largeenjoyed my staythe hotel managerlocation is excellentolablockmiamigalemicrowavecollins
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I just wanted to take a minute to share some feedback about my recent stay at Sanctuary. I come to Miami, typically once a month, from NYC and am always looking for new and great places to stay. On my most recent trip, a quick two day thing, I decided to stay one night at Sanctuary and one night at the Ritz-Carlton since I hadn’t yet and wanted to try them out. My Merrill Lynch travel agent recommended Sanctuary, and I had heard about it from a few friends so I was excited to try it out. First let me say, I love the concept. The front desk staff was super friendly, the lobby was nice, the restaurant was great. My main complaint has to do with the maintenance of my room. I was actually blown away at how badly it seemed to be falling apart. The plating on the sink water handles was completely detached. This required you to give the handle an extra yank to make sure the water was shut off. One of the spotlights over the bed was completely blown out. The phone next to the bed did not function properly. There were wires sticking out of the wall above the cabinet from where a smoke detector had been removed. And by far my biggest issue was with the bathroom. The light in the shower was burnt out which made for an interesting and incredibly dark shower experience. And the worst part was that the sliding shower door seemed to have been broken, or off the roller track. I had to muscle the door open and closed, and at that I couldn’t get it fully closed during my shower. Overall, it wasn’t the four-star luxury experience that I expected by a long shot. I was really excited to go to the Sanctuary but was incredibly disappointed in the way everything turned out. I love the idea of the hotel and think that it probably has had times of four-star luxury but that many problems in one room was just mind blowing to me. I am not a complainer by nature, but I thought as a manager you might want to hear this perspective from a frequent Miami traveler.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank johnnyd615
omartorell, General Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2012

Thank you for the positive feedback, our staff are trully the heart and soul of this hotel. As for that state of your room let me extend my since apologies, we will be sure to follow up on all your points as we are aware that only by knowing our faults can we improve as a company. Your unfortunate experience here at Sanctuary is not the true experience and we would like to invite you back at a special rate. Please contact me directly at omartorell@meninhotels.com during you next visit to Miami Beach.

Warm regads,

Oscar Martorell

Reviewed November 11, 2011

My husband and I spent two nights at The Santuary Hotel. Unfortunately we had to return home because of a death in the family. We enjoyed our stay at the hotel very much! The room was large enough and bed was extremely comfortable.We have stayed in many boutique hotels in Manhattan, and this was comparable to some we have stayed in.

The staff could not have been any more accomodating. Thank you so much for a fun and wonderful stay! We will return very soon!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I only made it to the lobby, and that was enough for me. The desk clerk was incredibly snotty, the lobby smelled awful, and the lobby's "breakfast buffet" consisted of a table of individally boxed cereals (like what you had at summer camp, remember?) and similar awful crap.

As if that wasn't bad enough, they charge your credit card HUNDREDS of dollars upfront for "incidentals," and they DEMAND to make a copy your driver's license. Seeing it isn't good enough -- they need a Xerox to last a lifetime. I travel at least twice a month, and NO OTHER HOTEL has EVER tried to do either of those things to me. When this dump of a place tried, I chose to call around while sitting in that smelly lobby, and found a room at the Ritz Carlton. Which I suggest you do as well, if you find yourself in the lobby of the Sanctuary.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
omartorell, General Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2011

Dear Guest, I wish you have given us a fair chance; I can assure you that we could have turned your initial reaction around. I must state though that your review is not fully accurate. In addition to cereal, we also offer assorted muffins, bagels with cream cheese, yogurts, fruit, OJ and coffee. Furthermore, it is common practice in all hotels that an authorization is taken for incidentals, in fact, I am sure encountered this same issue when checking into your stated hotel. I apologize for the smell in the lobby; this was an isolated incident due an early catering event by our restaurant Ola. On a side bar I see that you are a Tripadvisor fan, as such I hope you can find the time to experience Ola first hand as it is rated #3 in all of Miami restaurants, a truly gastronomical experience.

Oscar

Reviewed September 29, 2011

good location and very good food!
nice staff and fresh room!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Caroline M
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Stayed for two nights. Price was decent but the hotel is not well run. There is one person at checkin and didn't seem to have his act together. Asked me how much I wanted to put on my credit card for 'incendentals' when i told him i would pay with cash he seemed annoyed.... Only a month later did I find about $90 charged to my card I called and was told it was for a room service order i never placed. Seems VERY shady.... Told me I had to conact accounting during normal business hours. What a hassle.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank tmonch

Dear Guest, I’m sorry for the less than stellar first impression during your stay. It is common practice for hotels to take an incidental authorization. This allows the guest to charge room service to the room as well as enjoy any array of items or beverages from our mini bar. Was the refund processed? Please feel free to contact me at omartorell@meninhotels.com if there was an issue as this could have been a human error. Furthermore I hope this hasn't discouraged you from coming back. Let me know next time you find yourself in Miami Beach and would love to be host to your next stay.

Oscar