All reviews rooftop pool south beach lincoln road living area small kitchen rooms are large enjoyed my stay the hotel manager location is excellent ola block gale microwave collins
Reviewed December 3, 2011

We stayed at the Sanctuary two times during November and both times received with great service at this excellent hotel. Additionally the location on South Beach is terrific and the price is low compared to the hotel and service standard. Highly recommend this to others.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with kids, it is easiest to stay at the ground floor
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jesper m
omartorell, General Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2012

Thank you for the great feedback and positive words. I couldn’t agree with you more as our location is indeed in the heart of all South Beach and only a stone’s throw away from the beach and it’s amazing views. Once again thank you and we look forward to your next stay in the near future.

All the best,

Reviewed November 24, 2011

I have stayed many many times in South Beach as I live only an hour North of Miami, and have stayed at many different hotels. This was my first and LAST time I stay at the Sanctuary!!! I had booked what I thought to be a great deal to stay at my most regular spot 'The Mondrian' However it did prove too good to be true as Bookit.com contacted me to say they unfortunately could no longer
honor the reservation but would place me in a "comparable Hotel, The Sanctuary" Comparable? Absolutely not even close! The experience started just across the street which is known as the hotels valet. I paid a guy 30 bucks then had to carry my own luggage across the street. When I wanted to retrieve my car the following day (around 3pm) the guy told me I had to pay another 20 bucks as I was now on the 'daily rate' as I was supposed to take the car out the same time as check out, 12pm!!! I have never experienced an encounter with Valet like this and informed the guy very firmly I would definitely not be giving him anymore of my money! So once in the Hotel door I was then told that the hotel had no more room keys available and that I would have to get someone to walk me to my room every time I needed to get in to my room. Moving on swiftly I was taken to my room and as soon as the door was opened was hit by a very strong smell of damp. It had been raining earlier on in the day and there was a lovely dripping of water coming through the ceiling right next to the light fitting. I asked for some assistance and a guy came to the room and placed a towel on the floor, nice! So then taking a walk around the 'resort' I came across what seemed to be the pool except it had no water in it. I asked reception if they were planning on filling the pool and they said 'yes first thing tomorrow" The pool never got filled in two days and since returning and reading reviews it seems the waterless pool has been an issue for sometime. I think at a very short glance this hotel may look nice and the rooms overall don't look too bad but take a closer longer look and it really isn't nice at all. How they can promote this place as a 4star Hotel is mind boggling. I will never ever stay here again and would recommend someone stay anywhere but here!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank DawnMc75

I am truly sorry for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay at the Sanctuary. During your visit we were in the final phase of our roof/pool renovation, this would explain the leak as well as the empty pool. We have since finished our renovations and would love to have you experience it firsthand. In reference to your valet issue, this will not fall on deaf ears and will be sure to address this matter.

Reviewed November 13, 2011

I just wanted to take a minute to share some feedback about my recent stay at Sanctuary. I come to Miami, typically once a month, from NYC and am always looking for new and great places to stay. On my most recent trip, a quick two day thing, I decided to stay one night at Sanctuary and one night at the Ritz-Carlton since I hadn’t yet and wanted to try them out. My Merrill Lynch travel agent recommended Sanctuary, and I had heard about it from a few friends so I was excited to try it out. First let me say, I love the concept. The front desk staff was super friendly, the lobby was nice, the restaurant was great. My main complaint has to do with the maintenance of my room. I was actually blown away at how badly it seemed to be falling apart. The plating on the sink water handles was completely detached. This required you to give the handle an extra yank to make sure the water was shut off. One of the spotlights over the bed was completely blown out. The phone next to the bed did not function properly. There were wires sticking out of the wall above the cabinet from where a smoke detector had been removed. And by far my biggest issue was with the bathroom. The light in the shower was burnt out which made for an interesting and incredibly dark shower experience. And the worst part was that the sliding shower door seemed to have been broken, or off the roller track. I had to muscle the door open and closed, and at that I couldn’t get it fully closed during my shower. Overall, it wasn’t the four-star luxury experience that I expected by a long shot. I was really excited to go to the Sanctuary but was incredibly disappointed in the way everything turned out. I love the idea of the hotel and think that it probably has had times of four-star luxury but that many problems in one room was just mind blowing to me. I am not a complainer by nature, but I thought as a manager you might want to hear this perspective from a frequent Miami traveler.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank johnnyd615

Thank you for the positive feedback, our staff are trully the heart and soul of this hotel. As for that state of your room let me extend my since apologies, we will be sure to follow up on all your points as we are aware that only by knowing our faults can we improve as a company. Your unfortunate experience here at Sanctuary is not the true experience and we would like to invite you back at a special rate. Please contact me directly at omartorell@meninhotels.com during you next visit to Miami Beach.

Warm regads,

Reviewed November 11, 2011

My husband and I spent two nights at The Santuary Hotel. Unfortunately we had to return home because of a death in the family. We enjoyed our stay at the hotel very much! The room was large enough and bed was extremely comfortable.We have stayed in many boutique hotels in Manhattan, and this was comparable to some we have stayed in.

The staff could not have been any more accomodating. Thank you so much for a fun and wonderful stay! We will return very soon!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I only made it to the lobby, and that was enough for me. The desk clerk was incredibly snotty, the lobby smelled awful, and the lobby's "breakfast buffet" consisted of a table of individally boxed cereals (like what you had at summer camp, remember?) and similar awful crap.

As if that wasn't bad enough, they charge your credit card HUNDREDS of dollars upfront for "incidentals," and they DEMAND to make a copy your driver's license. Seeing it isn't good enough -- they need a Xerox to last a lifetime. I travel at least twice a month, and NO OTHER HOTEL has EVER tried to do either of those things to me. When this dump of a place tried, I chose to call around while sitting in that smelly lobby, and found a room at the Ritz Carlton. Which I suggest you do as well, if you find yourself in the lobby of the Sanctuary.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
omartorell, General Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2011

Dear Guest, I wish you have given us a fair chance; I can assure you that we could have turned your initial reaction around. I must state though that your review is not fully accurate. In addition to cereal, we also offer assorted muffins, bagels with cream cheese, yogurts, fruit, OJ and coffee. Furthermore, it is common practice in all hotels that an authorization is taken for incidentals, in fact, I am sure encountered this same issue when checking into your stated hotel. I apologize for the smell in the lobby; this was an isolated incident due an early catering event by our restaurant Ola. On a side bar I see that you are a Tripadvisor fan, as such I hope you can find the time to experience Ola first hand as it is rated #3 in all of Miami restaurants, a truly gastronomical experience.

Oscar