Sanctuary South Beach
Official Site
US$517
US$369
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$299
  • Beachfront
W South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$424
US$359
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$440
US$259
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
US$211
US$179
thepalmshotel.com
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
US$285
US$248
  • Beachfront
The Confidante Miami Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$189
  • Beachfront
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$172
  • Beachfront
All reviewsrooftop poolsouth beachlincoln roadsister propertycontinental breakfastliving areasmall kitchenrooms are largeenjoyed my staythe hotel managerlocation is excellentocean driveolablockgalemiamimicrowave
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Priceline selected this hotel for me - and after reading some of the reviews on here I was a little bit nervous. Turns out that was for NO reason! The people who work here make this place awesome! Ana @ the front desk is the nicest, most helpful person I've ever encountered in my travels. Agusto was also very friendly on the phone and patiently answered all my questions prior to traveling to South Beach.

This is a small property but it's very 'boutique-y'! I love the studio apartment feel to the rooms! ONE THING THAT IS MISSING from the rooms - a floor length mirror. All you have to judge your look by is a poorly lit mirror over the sink. Terrible for make-up application! Fortunately I read this in a review and was sure to bring a make-up mirror with me. If they could do anything to improve the room it would be to add better lighting and a floor length mirror.

The pool on the rooftop is teeny tiny - BUT IT'S OPEN! Only about 3 feet deep, it's nice to dangle your feet in and enjoy a cocktail. BUT the place to be is around the corner at the beach!

The hotel is just around the block from beautiful white sands and blue water - forget the pool - this is where you want to be! Although the water was too cold for me (it is January, afterall), it was a great day to layout and get a tan. The hotel referred us to K 17 Beach Club (where the term 'club' is a little misleading). Really, this is a stand where you can pay to use a chair and they will bring you cocktails (which are pretty pricey!). You do get a discount on the chairs for being a guest of the hotel.

Valet was pretty expensive ($25) but really, this was about normal from what I could tell. Just be prepared for that!

Summary: great hotel, great PEOPLE who work there, great location and great room!

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs - with the restaurant downstairs in the hotel lobby, you don't want restaurant patrons walking by your room (half of your livingroom is windows facing the atrium). Since there are no floor length mirrors you can check out how you look in the salon lobby before you head out for the evening :). They have big mirrors by the front elevator.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Samantha R, Guest Relations Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

It is so wonderful to see that you enjoyed your stay at the Sanctuary South Beach hotel! I will forward your review along so that the front desk will be aware that they are delivering great service and leaving the guests very happy. I hope you took advantage of dining at Ola and treating yourself to a massage in our renowned spa. There is always next time! We look forward to having you return in the near future.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

A nice, unique hotel in the heart of South Beach. The room comes with a steam shower, a nice bar/sitting area and a comfortable bed. also love the Keurig Coffee maker in the room.

The downsides were a somewhat inexperienced staff and a terrible parking situation (not owned by the hotel but horrible none-the-less.

• Stayed: January 2012

I am glad that you enjoyed all the ammenities and wonderful accomodations that the Sanctuary South Beach has to offer. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay and will use your review as a means to improve our service in the future. I look forward to your return in the near future!

Reviewed January 19, 2012

We had a reservation to stay at this hotel with four other couples to celebrate our friend's 40th birthday. When we arrived at 3:00, we were told our rooms weren't ready, so we walked around and came back. We were then told that our reservation was not for that day, but was entered into their system as the date that we booked the hotel (August instead of October). They sent us over to the Bentley, which had a MUCH better location and customer service. When my husband started to get upset, trying to understand the situation while we were still at the Sanctuary, the girl working the front desk actually said, "don't get upset with me sir, I didn't make the error". Really? Had a decent experience at the Bentley, but were separated from our friends. Our friends that did stay were VERY disappointed in their rooms.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank beth4165
Samantha R, Guest Relations Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2012

I apologize for the inconvenience and the mix up that occurred in the systems with your reservation. I am surprised to hear that your friends were not satisfied with their rooms, since we pride ourselves in the new hotel rooms' spacious, modern design! To make up for you being separated from the rest of your party, I would like to invite you back to stay with us, please email sanctuaryfd@meninhotels.com to make a reservation.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

This hotel is highly overrated and the pictures on the website are highly deceiving. We had a terrible check in experience by a guy that looked like he walked in off the street to work at the "front desk" which is a tiny desk in the middle of their restaurant. After 20 minutes to check in and outrageous charges on the credit card for incidentals for the 2 rooms we had, we had to get in a dirty, smelly elevator to go up to our rooms. The rooms were not clean. There was dust everywhere and the air conditioning wasn't working right. Some times it decided to work, other times it was ridiculously hot in the room due to the fan not actually working. We did not get enough towels or washcloths each day, nor did they fill our empty kleenex box. It was empty for 3 of the 4 days we were there. We had to leave a note in order to get the proper towels and bathroom tissues.

On top of all of that, we were promised a room with 2 beds, but were given a room with one bed. One member of our family was forced to sleep on an awkward couch for 3 nights. What a rip off and what poor service we received. The beds were not comfortable at all and I would rather have slept on the floor, but the floor was quite dirty, so it was lose-lose.

Oh and the pool is the size of a bathtub.

I would not recommend this hotel and I will never stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Gigi M
omartorell, General Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2012

Thank you for your recent review. I apologize for your issues during your stay and will be sure to bring your points up to our department heads. Furthermore I assure you that this is not a representation of our bran and would like to invite you back for a future stay as a repeat guest. In regards to our pictures, we are not misleading whatsoever and our amenity pictures are our actual pictures. Please contact me directly at omartorell@meninhotels.com

Oscar Martorell

Reviewed December 3, 2011

We stayed at the Sanctuary two times during November and both times received with great service at this excellent hotel. Additionally the location on South Beach is terrific and the price is low compared to the hotel and service standard. Highly recommend this to others.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with kids, it is easiest to stay at the ground floor
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jesper m

Thank you for the great feedback and positive words. I couldn’t agree with you more as our location is indeed in the heart of all South Beach and only a stone’s throw away from the beach and it’s amazing views. Once again thank you and we look forward to your next stay in the near future.

All the best,