“Excellent Service, Beautiful Hotel”

Sanctuary South Beach
Ranked #143 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Miami, Florida
“Excellent Service, Beautiful Hotel”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This newly-renovated property in South Beach is absolutely gorgeous. The guest rooms are comfortable and the staff is great. A quick walk from Lincoln Road and Washington Avenue; it was perfect for a quick weekend getaway. The only complaint I had was a very strong sulfuric smell in the shower. Other than that it was fantastic!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Greek first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 March 2012

When it comes to booking a hotel, I'm incredibly picky. I like something that is quaint, close to the action, clean, safe, reasonably priced and comfortable. It's a tall order, to say the least.I found it all in this hotel. The service is absolutely impeccable, and the property is gorgeous. My boyfriend and I kept asking when we were going to move in. The room was incredibly clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The rooftop courtyard was incredible. We were the only people up there, so it was like our own private oasis. The staff is very friendly, ready to assist with any questions or concerns you might have. They offered excellent restaurant and bar recommendations, and held our luggage when we checked in and checked out. The property is in a really good location, just two blocks from the beach and two blocks from Lincoln Road. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Natalie H
omartorell, General Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Thanks for the great feedback Megan. Our location, while slightly off the beaten path allows for a peaceful night sleep yet a block away from the buzz of South Beach. Being that your a local I hope we see your sooner than later for another get a away weekend.

Miami
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Great Hotel for extended stay or for an overnight or weekend get away!! My wife and I consider the hotel our Sanctuary from our kids!!!! This hotel is close enough to great night clubs, SOBE nightlife, and just far enough away to avoid the loud noise and chaos of the crowds. The hotel is well managed. Augusto and Juan met all our need with class and professionalism.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank J K
omartorell, General Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, 18 March 2012
Great feebback JK. Feel free to contact us anytime you need you feel the need to recharge your batteries, we would love to continue to be your Sanctuary. Juan and Augusto truly make this property, through their many years with us they have been able to turn our loyal guest into friends. We hope to see again...weather has been amazing lately, hint hint.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Family atmosphere! GREAT SERVICE!
Augusto made us feel VERY special!
Juan at front desk was amazing, and Tatiana is very nice as well.

The Manager, Oscar, is VERY attentive and Caring!

The House Restuarant, O LA is AWESOME!!!

Room Tip: Penthouse Spa!!!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Thanks for the kudos Todd, I couldnt be happier that you enjoyed your stay with us and truly enjoyed all that we have to offer. We hope to see you again next year for another Bday celebration.

Marco Island
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I recently stayed at the Sanctuary and i have to admit that i was a little worry after reading some of the reviews.
I most say all of my worries went away at the check in desk,the guy that checked me in was very helpful and polite,he pointed me in to all of the attractions and hot spots.
My room was very spacious and clean,one thing i notice that there are no views so if you are expecting nice nice views go elsewhere;Another thing i was told when i called the hotel was the parking situation, if you are not planning of leaving south beach area DO NOT rent a car,parking is really expensive and it's hard to find.
The rooftop are was really cool and relaxing,we spent most of our mornings and even some nights there during our stay.
The restaurant was also amazing,the food was absolutely delicious and the service was excellent.
Overall, this is a very nice place for it's price, awesome rooms and great customer service.
I will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Dear Marshall F. thank you for taking the time for writing a review on your stay with us. Indeed we are off the beaten path so do lack views but as you can attest we make up for in intimacy and great customer service. Couldn’t agree with you more too about not needing to rent a car, we are in the heart of South Beach and all that it has to offer is just a short stroll or a 2 min cab ride. I see you live close by in Marco Island, so hopefully it’s not too far until your next visit. Please do not hesitate to shot me an email for a preferred rate as a repeat guest.

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Return visitor to the Sanctuary and I have mixed feelings. Some of the staff is truly awesome - nice front desk personnel; great SPA receptionist - but then there's this: When you step in, the OLA host appear disgusted that you're there to check in and rudely point out that they have nothing to do with the hotel and can't answer a simple question (ie., room service question), because they're OLA and not Sanctuary. My other 2 concerns are that I asked for a decent room on the 2nd floor, but was given a nice room on the 1st floor, which I declined because even though it was almost 8pm, the diners at OlA were loud (and seated all the way back near the rooms). We took a smaller room just to be on the higher floor. In there, the tile needs recaulking; the humidity kept the bathroom door from closing; the toilet kept running; and even though I asked several people, noone could tell me how to turn on the steam shower. Our room also didn't have a stereo or the additional space in other rooms. Lastly, room service is pretty much not an option. You have to go with the continental breakfast or else. In over 5 visits to SOBE, I have yet to eat at the Sanctuary. I like the Sanctuary, especially in comparison to other hotels, but when I return in April, we'll probably book elsewhere. This hotel is 3 stars, just okay.

Room Tip: Stay on the 2nd floor, ask for the larger rooms with a stereo and working steam shower. Also behind...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
omartorell, General Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Thank you for your recent review. I apologize for not having your request for a 2nd floor room noted in our system as well as your room issues you experienced, I assure you that this was an isolated incident and not a true representation of our brand. As for your issues with trying to order room service I will be sure to look into this matter as we do offer room service from 6pm-close. We would love to win you back as a loyal guest, please contact me at omartorell@meninhotels.com and I will be sure to handle your reservation and any request personally to ensure a memorable stay.

praha
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We stayed in one of theese appartment for 4 days in february. The room was very, very dirty after 14 hours of flight I was not able to sleep due to the noisy A/C behind my head. Curtains dirty , smelling bathroom , and no natural light. It wasnt my first time in sobe so i was quite dissapointed . I would never go there again. They r able to make beautiful pictures. Be careful.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank vnd82
Dear Guest,

I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. We take the cleanliness and guest comfort as our top priority and will look into this matter with the outmost importance.

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels