“Theatrical food preparation”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hispanola Avenue
Reviewed January 21, 2018

Tasety meal combination of :
Soup, salad, shrimps , Choice of steak, chicken or seafood with rice or vegetables.
Main dishes are made in by amazing entertaining chefs in front of you .
Great service .

Benihana M, Guest Relations Manager at Benihana, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2018

Amnon, thank you for leaving us positive feedback, come back soon!

Reviewed January 4, 2018 via mobile

We used to love this Benihana, it used to feel like a classy, well kept restaurant, but based on the last few times we have been, especially last night, it looks like those times have long gone.

My first visit was in 2012 and I was blown away. I loved everything about the place. My wife and her family have been coming even longer than me but we all feel that over the past few years it feels like it is getting cheaper and cheaper which taints the overall experience.

They changed the authentic Japanese styled plates and bowls they used to have for basic white plates.

We have noticed problems in the past with the air conditioning, a couple of times it was unbearable. It's no fun to eat a meal while you are sweaty.

Last night there were no cloth napkins. Instead we were given 1 paper napkin each.

They have replaced the mustard based sauce that comes with the meal with a cheap mayonnaise style sauce which had no flavor. We asked for the mustard sauce and both the waitress and chef seemed reluctant to give us any. When they gave us the sauce it was watery and didn't taste like it used to.

We weren't offered desert after our meal.

The bathrooms are in a poor condition. There was no paper towels to dry my hands with. I've seen cleaner restrooms in a gas station.

The service felt like we were in a fast food cafeteria. Simply unacceptable. The quality has gone down but the prices have not!

Overall it is very sad to see what used to be our favorite restaurant gradually decline. It feels like the attention and care for the place has completely gone.

We used to take visitors to Miami to this restaurant but that will no longer be the case.

I do hope they actually read these reviews and pay attention to what people are saying.

Once again we will no longer consider Benihana as a place where we eat and celebrate. We used to celebrate all of our birthdays here but never again.

A massive shame. I wish I could put lower than a terrible rating.

1  Thank Mark R
Benihana M, Guest Relations Manager at Benihana, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2018

Mark, we take these matters seriously and never want to leave you disappointed. If you have not done so already, please contact Guest Relations via benihanalistens.smg.com/. Our team would like to follow up with you. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

Took my grandsons there for a birthday party. The cook was so much fun and the boys had a great time. we'd come here again if the opportunity presents itself. the performance was first class and the dessert was great. best spent $50 tip I've left in a while!!

Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

The place was dirty and sticky. They had a problem in the kitchen and we wait 30m before we left. Dont go.

Reviewed December 20, 2017

I had such high hopes for this restaurant. The food was ok, but you didn't get a lot for the price that you pay. The chef was very entertaining, however, he was only there for a small portion of the meal. Also, there was a limited amount of things on the menu that the chef would cook, the rest is prepared in the kitchen.

Been to Benihana? Share your experiences!