1,602 results
All reviews hydrotherapy pool traymore restaurant steam room nespresso machine small hotel art deco private beach other hotels pool area turn down service resort fee ocean drive collins avenue pool staff amazing service an umbrella beach service
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you're looking for a middle ground of The 1 and The Edition then The Como is the perfect choice. My girlfriend and I found a very reasonable room rate for a standard room (which looks way smaller than it is in the pictures by the way). The location is perfect and the hotel itself is low key luxury.

On our arrival the check in was very friendly, the room was very clean - no complaints at all there. Sadly there is construction work happening to the right of the hotel which meant unbearable noise outside by the pool, despite not being informed of this before our arrival, when I complained to the Manger he very swiftly apologised and a compensation was sorted. Very professional and stress free.

Sadly we did have to move elsewhere to use a pool for a few of the days but the last two which were spent at The COMO pool were bliss. The most friendly pool side staff and really good drinks and snacks.

Special mentions to Sergio who mans the door - he offered water every time we came back to the hotel, he was full of very insightful knowledge about Miami itself and was just a total pleasure, he deserves a pay rise! Also Oz at the bar who was SO brilliant - nothing was too much trouble, he was amazing and a credit to the hotel.

I wouldn't hesitate going back to The COMO and it offers more than enough luxury for a brilliant stay on Miami Beach.

Room Tip: No need for a room with a balcony as it will just over look another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Greg K, Manager at COMO Metropolitan Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear will875,

We greatly enjoyed reading your review and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts following your recent stay with us.

We are very happy to read that you were able to experience the unique vibe and setting of our property. Our constant underlying goal has always been to bring a new and distinct approach to the Miami Beach market. I apologize for the construction noise and unfortunately this is something that can be challenging to predict or control when it comes from our neighborhood in a busy holiday destination like Miami Beach. Again, I am sorry about the inconvenience it caused.

On behalf of our entire team, we greatly look forward to your return. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if we can assist in making your return even more memorable.

Reviewed September 9, 2018

When I was researching for a place to say in Miami, I came across COMO Metropolitan and was intrigued because it's listed as a 5 star hotel. After my long weekend there, I learned that aside from the staff, nothing is 5 star worthy. The staff is welcoming, friendly, and helpful (especially Nicole, thank you for your help!), but the hotel itself could use TLC. When I think of a 5 star hotel, I think of something more extravagant, and this was not that. The bed in my hotel room was not comfortable, the bathroom was outdated and stained, the pool floor was dirty, the beach chair and day bed seats and pillows were stained, some of the rooftop's hydro-pool's jets were broken... It was disappointing.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlyssaB428
Greg K, Manager at COMO Metropolitan Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear AlyssaB428,

Thank you very much for dedicating your valuable time to review your experience at the COMO Metropolitan, Miami Beach.

In particular, I am very pleased that you had a chance to truly enjoy our warm hospitality. We do pride ourselves in providing personalized service to meet the individual requirements of our guests. I have shared your lovely remarks with Nicole and the entire team.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the condition and cleanliness of our facilities and I would like to assure you that it is not the norm at our Hotel. I have dully addressed our recreational team and you will be happy to know that our Hydrotherapy pool has been repaired on the next day. I am sorry for the inconvenience it caused.

If you will consider the chance to allow us to erase that memory and experience on a future visit to Miami, please do not hesitate to contact me directly so that I may look after your overall experience while on property.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 5, 2018

I am torn with this review. The staff were great. The hotel is beautiful. The rooms comfy and well equipped. The beds were lovely - pillows perfect. Bathroom was delightful - stylish and the monsoon shower was brilliant. The view could be better but then I could of payed more! We didn't visit the restaurant - we tried to sit outside and eat from the poolside menu but I feel we caused a major insult to the staff by requesting this! The pool was lovely - the poolside staff were also a highlight for me - incredibly friendly and engaging! But did I feel the stay was worth the premium price tag? Not quite - but with a few tweaks I think it would be perfect!

My main let downs were the state of the roof pool, sauna and steam room. I chose the hotel because of the these amenities and they were all pretty much non-functional my entire stay. The steam room was cold and littered with rubbish everyday I tried to use it. The roof top pool seemed to collect band-aids and false nails like they were Pokemon cards. I mentioned these issues a couple of times - the resort fee is not insignificant - but got no feedback and obviously the issues were not remedied. The gym was ok - small - well equipped - nice AC.

I feel the price just didn't quite match to the product being provided. It's nearly there - just not quite.

Room Tip: Put pressure on reception for a beach view!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Greg K, Manager at COMO Metropolitan Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Dear Pádraig E,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review your recent experience with us on property.

I went ahead and shared your review with our team so they could get a sense of the impact they are having with our guests thus far.

I am disappointed to read your comments about our facilities. I have taken immediate action to rectify the steam room and hydrotherapy pool and please accept my apologies for presenting our facilities so poorly.

I have sent you a private message and would like to hear back from you if it is not too much of an inconvenience.

When planning a return to Miami Beach, please do contact me directly so that I may make the appropriate arrangements for your visit and personally look after your stay to ensure it is as memorable as you deserve.

Reviewed September 4, 2018

Although we had a disgusting experience at the hot tube where we found a Absorbent Pad full of blood, overall we had a very good time at the hotel. BUT when arriving at our home country the hotel charged us for valet service which is 43 dollars and for 2 bottles of water that we insist we did not drink. The hotel keeps insisting that we used the valet service and consumed the water. It was already a terrible gesture from the hotel but it got worse when they wrote a email to us saying that as a "good gesture" they would refund the waters but are still charging us for the valet. Unfortunately I had no way to prove I didn't drink the water. But fortunately I can prove I didn't have a car since I have the receipt from ALAMO showing we returned the car before the days we are being charged for the valet.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. Tannenbaum,

On behalf of our entire team, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback following your visit to Miami.

Our goal on property is to constantly exceed expectations, and I can assure you it is nothing short of disappointing to hear us fall short of this in your visit. Please accept my sincere apologies for the billing error and for the cleanliness at the pool. I have promptly addressed our team and discussed the our mistakes in details, which everyone understood.

It was a pleasure connecting with you and I hope that we were able to rectify the billing concerns with the appropriate adjustment. If there is anything else I can assist with at this stage please kindly let me know and I will reach out to you directly again.

I hope that we were able to erase the bitter ending memory of your stay with us and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

Arrived at the Como late evening, our travel agent had recommended the hotel. Front desk was very friendly but we were told we are charged a standard $30UD per day per guest to cover pool and wi-fi on top of our room rate. Ridiculous for what we paid per night, also our rate didn’t include breakfast or water for the room. Poorly located and construction in the building next door. Hotel also smelt mouldy. I would recommend the W up the road or SLS where our friends stayed.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Greg K, Manager at COMO Metropolitan Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Dear Ricccki,

Our goal on property is to constantly exceed expectations, and I can assure you it is nothing short of disappointing to hear us fall short of this in your visit. I would like to connect with and if you could kindly share the best number to call at greg.kocsis@comohotels.com then I will reach out to you at your convenience.

I look forward to hearing back from you.