“everything we could have wished for”

Sobe You Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 27 Miami Beach B&B and Inns
Schaan, Liechtenstein
“everything we could have wished for”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

We stayed at SoBe You B&B in May 2011 and it had everything we could have wished for. First of all, when we got there, we went for a swim in the small but very nice pool. After a 6 hour drive this was heavenly. Our room was very nice and spotless, although I have to say that it was a bit small, but I guess we just had too much luggage with us. The location of the B&B is simply perfect. You can just drive there, park your car and then walk anywhere in South Beach. Finally, breakfast was a real treat and a wonderful start into what was going to be a very long day for us. One of the owners, who was extremely friendly and accommodating, let us leave our luggage at the inn and in the evening when we came to get it we were able to use the bathrooms to refresh ourselves and change. So if we ever return to Miami we'll definitely know where we'll stay :-)!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank hatschii1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I stayed here for three nights just before Christmas. I was looking for a place near the beach but removed from all the noise and bustle of the clubs. I was delighted with this charming B&B. Wonderful service, smiling staff, super comfortable beds, beautiful setting. I couldn't ask for more. I would definitely go back. I noticed that some reviews say that the breakfast was small. It's true that it is not the huge buffet breakfast that you can sometimes find in large hotels, but it was more than enough for me and the quality was superb- freshly made waffles, pancakes or omelets.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank ReneeBCN
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 January 2012

What luck in finding this place. GREAT location - quiet but within walking distance of the busy business district and beach. The B&B is adorable - the rooms were smallish but who cares? You should be at the beach! They were clean and simply decorated all in white. There's a courtyard that surrounds a sweet little pool surrounded by palm trees. Breakfast was different each morning and yummy each day - not too big, not too small. Really, just perfect and adorable. If I'd never been to South Beach I might never have left!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SmilingTrees
Ottawa, Illinois
Reviewed 14 January 2012

My husband and I stayed there for a couple nights on Jan 8th. We just got off the cruise and decided to enjoy the South Beach. I called the hotel and asked if we could just drop off the luggage by noon since we got off the boat by 9am and come back to check in but, surprisingly when we get there, our room is ready to go and Jasmina, gave us the key and a quick tour. She was very nice. My first impression was, homy, clean, peace and quit. We stayed in room #4, second floor at the very end of the right side. Perfect!.We are young couple, middle 30's. During the day, we spent most of our time at the beach, shopping around, lunch at one cafe to another, dinner at one place with life acoustic guitar, went to night club, all of them walking distance. It's close to everything. We didn't spend any penny for taxi, which was fit to our budget. Buy the time to go to bed, you'll have a good sleep because the room is very quit. The breakfast is great! They cook blueberry pancake and then omelet in the next day. Delicious! So overall, our stay was great! And thanks to tripadvisor, because I did book this place through this website, and what they say about this place is true. We'll be back to stay again!

Room Tip: you'll have an excellent quality of sleep, and healthy breakfast! So no hangover!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mikeypie
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Decided to come to this charming B&B because of a Groupon coupon. Even without the "deal", I would recommend the place highly. When I first walked through the gate (I arrived after dark), the lighting and the tropical setting were magic. The courtyard with the pool was a reasonable size for a private home, which this was in a previous incarnation. There are spotless rooms in the house and more in a building behind the courtyard. Each room has an individual A/C unit, which actually acts as "white noise". Even though I'm a light sleeper, no noise from the courtyard bothered me, and I was able to sleep very well.

Nothing is "fancy", but all evokes the simplicity of a beach vacation. The lapping waves are only a short walk away, and there are excellent food stores nearby (the Epicure and Whole Foods) to purchase snacks or entire gourmet picnics. The fridge in each unit is very helpful for any leftovers you may have.

The reception area is closed in the evenings, but all needs for check in and local information were contained in an envelope that had been placed in the mailbox near the side door. The only thing I missed was having some help with my luggage, but I was coming back from a cruise in Europe, and had several suitcases with a bunch of cold weather clothes as well as Beach outfits.

Breakfast was fine, with fresh fruit, an egg dish, cereal, and excellent coffee. There was no choice on the main dish, but I expect that they would make modifications if requested. The staff went out of their way to be helpful.

The parking situation in South Beach can be an expensive nightmare, but there is adequate street parking in front of the B&B (they supply a parking permit). A few spaces were also available in the driveway.

All in all, throughly enjoyed my time at SoBe You. Only regret that it was not longer!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank SophiaIsabella
ipswich
Reviewed 12 January 2012

My spouse and I spent a night at SoBeYou in November...our second time at this lovely B&B. Although the rooms are tight and the bathrooms even tighter (definitely not for those who need a lot of space), it was perfect for us. The room was clean, the bed extremely comfortable, and the location perfect. It is located on a tree lined street, with a large park at the end, in a very nice residential neighborhood. It's within easy walking distance to all the action, yet far enough away to get a peaceful sleep. If you have a car and are not lucky enough to get one of the limited parking permits, the parking lot is just a short walk from the B&B. The first time we visited we had an egg omelet that was quite tasty...this time around we had some sort of baked egg & cheese type dish that was not as delightful...but the coffee was good and plentiful. When making the reservation, Lena was very helpful and pleasant. When we arrived at the B&B, we were warmly greeted by Yasmina who offered us some suggestions for dinner and areas we should see since we were there for only one night. She told us that we could walk from the B&B to Espanola Way and from there to Lincoln Mall Road. We loved both areas! We had a reasonably priced dinner at Balans, an international restaurant, on Lincoln Mall Road and enjoyed our meals very much. It's a very lively area and a must see!! It's not a typical mall. It's an outdoor pedestrian mall that offers many al fresco dining options and numerous shops. For dessert, we headed back to Espanola Way, an historic Spanish village tucked away in the Art Deco District of South Beach...which has a real bohemian feel. Very quaint with a number of al fresco dining options and smaller unique boutique type shops. We had a couple of drinks and Tiramisu at Kone Restaurant Seafood & Grill that was out of this world. BEWARE: We were only two people and they had included a 20% tip that I did not notice until I returned to Boston. I had tipped an additional 20% on the total. Shame on me...but don't let it be shame on you! I can at least be thankful that it was only dessert and a couple of drinks!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank celluch
Wellington, Florida
Reviewed 7 January 2012

My wife and I decide to take a weekend trip to South Beach in Miami ... and this little bed and breakfast was highly recommended by other Trip Advisor readers. Great location in a quiet neighborhood ... but within walking distance to plenty of night spots and the beach. New Whole Foods is just around the corner for a quick bite to eat and for snacks / food in your room. Breakfast was good (simple) and they gave us plenty to eat. Our room was clean. The bath (room #7) was small (shower stall only) and the water temperature was finicky ... and the trash truck at 7:30am was rather loud ... but these were minor annoyances. There is a little courtyard with a swimming pool - a pleasant little oasis. Staff was super friendly and attentive.

Room Tip: Some rooms are definitely not handicap accessible ... need to ask for a room on the first floor if m...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
City Center
Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach
Room Mate Lord Balfour
#24 of 208 in Miami Beach

Been to Sobe You Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!