“5 in a row”

Ranked #7 of 27 Miami Beach B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“5 in a row”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I have stayed here for the last four new years and just booked for the fifth in a row. That really sums up my review and says it all but I guess that would make for a really dull review. So my tips, some reviews complain the rooms are small. We book the one bedroom room so it's not small and you have a separate living room to chill in and have pre dinner drinks in if it's a bit too cool to have them by the pool. So be you is greatly located a few blocks from the beach so not too noisy and walking distance to the beach and Lincoln Road which is where my favourite restaurants are located (try van dyke cafe or Nexxt or spiris for great pizza) Lena and the staff at So Be You can give you many recommendations and they are very helpful and welcoming. We have never hired a car on Miami Beach and never felt we needed one. We are not big shoppers but sometimes get the local bus to the mall which is always great fun and lets you see lots of Miami Beach. In conclusion this is a great place to stay and chill out away from the hustle and bustle of Miami beach, go you will love it honest

• Stayed December 2011
3 Thank BellandFelix

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 16 February 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week during the summer of 2011. Though the city of Miami Beach was somewhat disappointing, we couldn't have been more pleased with our experience at SoBeYou. It was really the highlight of our trip. When we arrived from the airport, the owner was there to greet us and made us feel welcome. The place itself is small but lovely. One enters through a gate into a courtyard with a deck and pool, surrounded by palm trees and tropical vegetation, with little geckos darting around occasionally. Rooms are in the back, looking out onto this courtyard area. It's in a great location, close enough to the beach to be accessible by foot, but far enough away to avoid the "strip" with all its visual and aural pollution. I can't say enough good things about the service and also the food. Each morning, we would awake to a delicious breakfast, served poolside, a little different each day, and almost always accompanied by fresh fruit. Not having to worry about breakfast really made our trip more relaxing. The ladies who worked at the front desk always had good suggestions for places to go and things to do. They even helped us arrange a snorkeling trip on Key West. Unfortunately, I got violently ill the day before the trip and had to rush to the hospital in the middle of the night, so our trip was cancelled. :( Nevertheless, even my convalescence the next day was made more pleasant by the comfortable accommodations inside my room. If we ever return to South Beach, we will most certainly be staying at SoBeYou!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LosDosPerezosos
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 16 February 2012

My husband and I stayed in South Beach for 2 nights in mid-Jan. The SoBeYou was great! We arrived late and they had our keys and information waiting for us to self-check in. There was a misunderstanding regarding the room we were suppose to be booked into; however, the manager was fantastic about it and offered us any other room that was open. We opted to stay where we were(bottom floor of the separate bldg in a deluxe king room) and were very happy with our choice. The room was spacious and is decorated very nicely - loved the old art deco style bathroom and the bathroom was good size for the age and style of the building. The SoBe includes a hot breakfast every morning and it was delicious both days. The pool is a very nice but we opted for the beautiful sands of the beach. They also include parking (just be sure to request a pass when you reserve a room) and this is not an easy area to park in so that is a great bonus. The SoBe is about 6 blocks (10 minute walk at most) to the beach and main shopping roads. I highly recommend the SoBeYou - the value is good and it's super close to the "action" but away so you get some quiet too.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RJRW1
Schaan, Liechtenstein
Reviewed 4 February 2012

We stayed at SoBe You B&B in May 2011 and it had everything we could have wished for. First of all, when we got there, we went for a swim in the small but very nice pool. After a 6 hour drive this was heavenly. Our room was very nice and spotless, although I have to say that it was a bit small, but I guess we just had too much luggage with us. The location of the B&B is simply perfect. You can just drive there, park your car and then walk anywhere in South Beach. Finally, breakfast was a real treat and a wonderful start into what was going to be a very long day for us. One of the owners, who was extremely friendly and accommodating, let us leave our luggage at the inn and in the evening when we came to get it we were able to use the bathrooms to refresh ourselves and change. So if we ever return to Miami we'll definitely know where we'll stay :-)!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank hatschii1
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I stayed here for three nights just before Christmas. I was looking for a place near the beach but removed from all the noise and bustle of the clubs. I was delighted with this charming B&B. Wonderful service, smiling staff, super comfortable beds, beautiful setting. I couldn't ask for more. I would definitely go back. I noticed that some reviews say that the breakfast was small. It's true that it is not the huge buffet breakfast that you can sometimes find in large hotels, but it was more than enough for me and the quality was superb- freshly made waffles, pancakes or omelets.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank ReneeBCN
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 January 2012

What luck in finding this place. GREAT location - quiet but within walking distance of the busy business district and beach. The B&B is adorable - the rooms were smallish but who cares? You should be at the beach! They were clean and simply decorated all in white. There's a courtyard that surrounds a sweet little pool surrounded by palm trees. Breakfast was different each morning and yummy each day - not too big, not too small. Really, just perfect and adorable. If I'd never been to South Beach I might never have left!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SmilingTrees
Ottawa, Illinois
Reviewed 14 January 2012

My husband and I stayed there for a couple nights on Jan 8th. We just got off the cruise and decided to enjoy the South Beach. I called the hotel and asked if we could just drop off the luggage by noon since we got off the boat by 9am and come back to check in but, surprisingly when we get there, our room is ready to go and Jasmina, gave us the key and a quick tour. She was very nice. My first impression was, homy, clean, peace and quit. We stayed in room #4, second floor at the very end of the right side. Perfect!.We are young couple, middle 30's. During the day, we spent most of our time at the beach, shopping around, lunch at one cafe to another, dinner at one place with life acoustic guitar, went to night club, all of them walking distance. It's close to everything. We didn't spend any penny for taxi, which was fit to our budget. Buy the time to go to bed, you'll have a good sleep because the room is very quit. The breakfast is great! They cook blueberry pancake and then omelet in the next day. Delicious! So overall, our stay was great! And thanks to tripadvisor, because I did book this place through this website, and what they say about this place is true. We'll be back to stay again!

Room Tip: you'll have an excellent quality of sleep, and healthy breakfast! So no hangover!