All reviews gay hotel lincoln road gay bar spa area in south beach great hotel steam room large room parking garage comfortable beds great drinks happy hour few blocks ocean drive miami earplugs vibe
Reviewed August 16, 2018

Fantastic staff! Manager Matt and his staff Mariano, Russell, Robbie, Nick, Ellie and Magda all know the meaning of sensational customer service and they all serve it up with a big smile! We've never stayed at a hotel with such an accommodating staff as Hotel Gaythering! The rooms had exquisite decor and the location could not have been better! Walking distance to the beach, Ocean Drive, Lincoln Road Mall and less than a half a block from Biscayne Bay where you could take in Miami's beautiful sunsets! The amenities were awesome too and the breakfast buffet was a real plus (a rotating bacon, sausage, ham slice, pre-made omelet, hash brown patty would have been a nice feature vs, the repeated crockpot option each day)....that would be the only suggestion I would make otherwise everything was exceptional! We definitely look forward to going back!!!

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are great! Second floor are shared crate rooms (for single male occupancy)
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maureen B
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Hotel Gaythering has done a fantastic job at establishing itself as "where the locals go" and for good reason. Everyone is welcomed as family and treated as a trusted friend. Cocktails are made with care from fresh muddled ingredients, and management works very hard to put on events and specials that appeal to their ever expanding customer base. The hotel is pet-friendly, and offers a wide choice of rooms depending on your budget. Bar is open until Midnight Sun-Thurs, and until 2 AM on Fri and Sat and draws a good crowd almost every night. If you're going out in Sobe, you start your night at Gaythering and end your night dancing away at club. Great staff, great vibe, great drinks.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed July 31, 2018

I booked via a booking site.

8.9 rating, best price on South Beach, Adults only (no screaming kids, YES! Breakfast included, yahoo!) I missed the gay in Gaythering. And guess what? It does not matter.

The staff at this hotel makes the experience. They are so kind to every single guest. Nothing about who you are or how you live will make any difference to them. All kinds of people stay there.

The owner seemed amenable to creating an express breakfast for those who get up early. Let us hope there is follow through. Even toast and coffee from 7 on would make a difference. 9 a.m. is ridiculously late.

I must give a shout out to Magda who remembered my coffee order every morning. She is a really kind soul.

And Russel who provided much enjoyment by existing. Any time I spent chatting with him with a pleasure. What a great asset to the staff he is.

My room was pink, and I had to take down the bunny masks they scared me. But thanks to the kind staff who knew I was working I had a quiet room.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Karl W
Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

This place is amazing for its value for money. Extremely friendly and professional staff. A fun please to be. The location is perfect for a vacation near Miami South Beach. You are just one block from one of Miami’s best restaurants: Cvi’che

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stumbled on Gaythering a few weeks before our stay as we passed through South Beach, and had a drink at the bar. The staff was so welcoming and the lobby so well designed, we knew we had to come back. We booked a king room for two nights, and were delighted. The room was actually very spacious and had a small kitchen. The design theme a marketing of the hotel are apparent in every detail. Mariano at the front desk went above and beyond for us all weekend, and most importantly, we were in a safe place. We will be back.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
GaytheringCrew, Manager at Hotel Gaythering, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Thank you so much for this review! Happy to hear you enjoyed yourself and I will make sure to pass this along to Mariano.