“2nd visit, one year later”

Otentic Fresh Food Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Otentic Fresh Food Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 1,215 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$12 - US$31
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2018

We were fortunate to visit South Beach again this year, and we made sure to stop by our favorite little french restaurant in Miami. We requested to be seated at our romantic corner table again, overlooking the street, which was highly entertaining because it is Spring break for college students.

My wife had a warm goat cheese salad appetizer, and asparagus and shrimp pasta entree. I had their 4th Anniversary Celebration Dinner, which consisted of an escargot sampler, beef bourguignon, and creme brûlée, which we shared. We both had house wines. Our food was superb, wine was good, and our server was polite and charming. We had a wonderful evening.

This is a traditional french restaurant, and they get everything right: the interior is warming and inviting, candle lit tables, quiet french music in the air, courteous, friendly and humble servers, excellent food, not too salty (which is a problem for health-conscious diners at many restaurants), and their prices are very reasonable.

We said this in our review last year ("Romantic Evening"), and we will say it again this year -- this little restaurant is a gem.

1  Thank Steffen P
Write a ReviewReviews (1,364)

Reviewed March 13, 2018

I had a total of three meals at this restaurant. My first meal was the duck breast with brussel sprouts. The duck breast was juice with a perfectly crispy crust - delicious!!!

I also went to brunch on Saturday morning. I had the crepe Russe with smoked salmon and cheese and a capuchino to round out this hearty breakfast. Another winner!

My third meal was the shrimp pasta dish. I loved the sauce that I ended up scraping off my plate with the fresh baguette that is delivered to every table.

I would highly recommend a visit to Otentic Fresh Food!

Reviewed March 7, 2018

Dined at Otentic with six people this past Friday night. The service was superb. We started with the charcuterie and cheese platter, which was awesome, especially the duck pate. The best part of the meal though was the specials. I've been to Otentic a few times and they always offer something new. On Friday, I had the steak maurice which was cooked perfectly and had a creamy mushroom sauce with melted brie on top. Seriously awesome. One of the others in our group had a shrimp pasta dish that he couldn't stop raving about. The food is just really, really good.

1  Thank Ryan L
Reviewed March 4, 2018

I was recommended to go here when I first visited South Beach in Jan 2016. I was amazed to find such good French food outside Europe. In Feb 2018, I stayed in Miami again, and had to revisit this place. And yes again it was magnificent. Friendly staff, nice interior, and still the same menu and chef. Escargots, Boeuf Bourguignon and other great French dishes too choose from. Highly recommendable!

Reviewed March 3, 2018

A real surprise and a good one. Otentic is tucked away on Miami's busy Washington Avenue, a couple of blocks back from the mayhem of South Beach. It's a modest little place, very basic decor and furnishings, with writings from Proust on the walls and ceiling. There are a few specials and a fairly short a la carte menu. We were greeted with glasses of the house Sauvignon Blanc, which was good and we bought more. The food was excellent, simple, well prepared, generous portions -- my wife and I both had onion soup, the full French thing with bread croutons and melted cheese. Perfect. She carried on from a $39 set three course menu with a huge portion of salmon, with asparagus and small fried potatoes. I had a boeuf filet mignon off the a la carte, absolutely superb, lovely pommes gratin and asparagus. We both finished with creme brulee, one of only two desserts on offer. Total bill including three large glasses of wine and the usual stiff American service charge was $140. Service was friendly and helpful. Not a 5 star because the premises are pretty low key, and the food was as good as you'd expect in France