All reviews microwave and refrigerator quirky hotel south beach inexpensive hotel lincoln road a couple of minutes walk staff was helpful and friendly ceiling fan would stay again flat screen tv bars and restaurants two blocks foyer keys sofa cruise
Reviewed August 10, 2017

My sister and I were looking for an economical and centrally located place to enjoy the sights and the beach. After checking out a few places, the James Hotel fit the bill. When you enter, there are some very unique sculptures and ornaments adorning the doorway and interior lobby. We were met with a warm greeting by Vera at the front desk. Along with the price, the fact that parking was included, helped to close the deal. The rooms were nice, clean, and air-conditioned. I must note that our room faced the side of another hotel, but this was not such an issue. We had already planned on going to the beach which was only a couple of blocks away! There was some hotel renovation going on, but there was little to no noise. We met the owner Mr. Torre and his daughter Dariana the next morning. They too were very friendly and cordial! Dariana loaned us a great beach umbrella for a day out on the beach! She also gave a deal that persuaded us to stay another night! I would most definitely return to this charming 'little gem' in South Beach! James Hotel, thank you so much!

Room Tip: Check in early to get the limited free parking!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank dlite30
Reviewed August 9, 2017

We have stayed there in July for 4 nights. This hotel is so close to Lincoln road where too many shops and restaurants are in. By walk it takes minutes. It is also close to markets such as CVC and 7/24. From Miami airport by public bus number 150 you can reach the hotel so easy, it takes around half around. You can also use public bus to go to down town Miami and Bayside. It is 2.25 usd perperson one way. We have chosen tis hotel because of its location and just to stay not for luxury. Rooms are okey, enough big for 3 pax. There is no carpet on the floor. This hotel lobby is so different from other hotels. There are lots of colorfull things around there. Staff are helpful especially Mr. James is so polite man according to my daughters. You shouldn' t expect to many things from this hotel. Only problem is hotel can be much more clean.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank pustunsoz
Reviewed August 2, 2017

We only stayed in this hotel for one night and would happily stay again and for longer. The location is very convenient – walking distance to the Holocaust Memorial, Ocean Drive and the beach. There is a free car park – very limited but they ask everyone to keep the key at the reception so they can fit more in and move some if needed – this had to be done when we were leaving. It took a bit longer than normally, as one guest did not leave his keys at the reception and another guest who was leaving at the same time had a big car which he obviously couldn’t drive – the receptionist reversed it out for him in the end so we could leave. The hotel itself was very funky and clean. Staff was helpful and friendly. Very good value for money!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Iveta A
Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

We call the hotel before booking. The damn front desk lady didn't take the time to answer our questions. We needed 2 rooms, I ask her if she had 2, her answer was go online, go online and book. I don't got time for you.
Wow amazing customer service. Still we needed 2 rooms and on Orbitz said, they have 3 left. For some reason we couldn't book 2 rooms at the same time. We book 1 and then try again. Orbitz system didn't let's us, book the 2nd room. Call again the hotel, same lady, same attitude.
We end up booking another hotel, call again to cancel and the lady no help what so ever.

Horrible service, Horrible attitude, Horrible managerment. They rob us.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

The owner of James hotel was very accommodating, friendly and welcoming. However there is one staff member there who absolutely RUINS the reputation for the whole hotel. After reading several reviews since it appears I am not the first person to have experienced this mans disgusting ways. I had a small issue with a trip I booked through the hotel, in which instead of offering assistance he became defensive and shouted at me that I 'should have been more intelligent' and 'what do I expect him to do'. He proceeded to remark personal comments calling me 'blonde' and several other things. This is NOT how I expect to be treated in a prison, let alone a hotel. Not once did I raise my voice at this man, swear OR intimidate him. Another guest at reception was also having a difficult time with him, she merely asked if they could please position her bags in her room. As she spoke he shouted 'blah blah blah'. The man did not understand basic English - it is baffling as to why he would be behind a reception desk in the first place, but after these derogatory comments I was left speechless at the unprofessional way of the staff. If this hotel continues the way it is, it will not last long. The room floor was sandy when I arrived and the place stank of smoke, so much so that when I left the building I could smell it on my clothes. Not what I expect when paying over 100 dollars a night for a hotel. My advice to anyone is get an air b&b.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo