2,275 results
All reviews tavern restaurant happy hour front desk south beach mid beach sun deck free drinks free shuttle airport shuttle valet parking great boutique small pool beautiful hotel beach chairs per day resort fee an umbrella
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

The hotel was alright. What not say it’s worth the money; not the cleanest and when we arrived there were extra charges we were unaware of. Average hotel. No complimentary breakfast which was disappointing. But at least it is a two minute walk to the beach.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

Tavern has amazing burgers and insane fries but nothing beats the service Jose in the tavern is the greatest .the guy has a sixth sense he saw me b4 I knew that he knew that he saw me.the food is very well prepared and honestly the tavern just wouldn’t be the tavern without Jose

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Austin K
Reviewed September 8, 2018

good value , check in quick and easy , nice shower but leaked on floor every use, food service in the Tavern was slow for no apparent reason , lots of servers standing around with customers waiting to order!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2018

Overall this hotel was GREAT!!! Thania at the front desk was so nice, sweet, helpful and caring! As my friend and I were jumping into an Uber to go to dinner, my dress was hanging out of door and as we passed by Thania and two other employees standing out front, they tried to flag down the Uber to tell me that my dress was hanging outside. About 5 seconds later I got a call from the hotel and it was Thania telling me about my dress hanging outside of the Uber. I thought that was so caring of her and GREAT customer service! Thania You're The BEST!!!

Pros: The Staff were very friendly and helpful! The room we were in was Room #512 and it was very spacious, the bathroom was spacious also, I love that there was tile flooring and not some old nasty carpet! We had a great view of the ocean and beach even though the other buildings were blocking the view somewhat! The walking distance is about a 5 minute walk and easy access to the beach! The Tavern(hotel restaurant) was great and the few times we ate there, they were quick and efficient! The wings and fries were the best!!!

Cons: The lightning in the room wasn't all that great except for when you opened the blinds and got the natural light. There could be more channels added to the TV. There was an empty water bottle in the fridge when we got to the room so I took it right downstairs so that I wouldn't be charged for it after check-out! At the free Happy Hour make sure tip your bartenders and waiters if not some of them can be a bit rude.

I would stay here again most definitely! Perfect location, not in all of the hustle and bustle of South Beach. Quiet area with a Walgreen's a couple of blocks away and a liquor store diagonally across the street, The Tavern stays open 23 hours so there's always food available! And for the value that I paid for this hotel, I think I got a great deal being that it was Labor Day!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Monica T
Roberto H, General Manager at Hotel Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Monica T Thank you for taking the time to let other future guests know what we are about. We are happy to read you had a nice stay. Please think of us for your next visit. I will make sure I share your pros and cons with ownership. Thank you.
Regards,
Rob Hermosilla
GM
roberto.hermosilla@southbeachgroup.com

Reviewed September 3, 2018

I found the hotel was very nice, reasonably priced and the services and staff were excellent. It is one of the few hotels in the area that has a rooftop sunning / lounge area. Very nice view of the surrounding area.
I will stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Bernard B Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are happy you had a nice stay. Please come back an visit us. We will work harder to earn a higher rating.
Regards,