3,986 results
All reviews thompson hotel pool area mid century mid beach ocean view beach staff balcony room an umbrella beautiful hotel beach access resort fee special thanks amazing service art deco long weekend lounge chairs boutique hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had an amazing time at The Confidante for Labor Day weekend. From as soon as we arrived we were met by David and he was top notch service. He assisted us with a quick service to our room and had really great suggestions for food and fun. The hotel was very clean and I’m in love with the pillows. I need to know where I can get the same
Pillows. I slept the most comfortable sleep ever!! The beach access is superb and the pool atmosphere was so much fun. Over all we definitely will stay at this hotel again!! Please let me know about the pillows, we need those at home!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Manager-247, Director of Guest Experience at The Confidante Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear The_Jaimes,

We're delighted to know you rested so comfortably with us during your stay! As you discovered, we strive for an atmosphere of relaxation and fun here at The Confidante, meant to recharge your batteries so you can create great vacation memories. We trust you'll be back to see us again soon!

All the best,
Claudia, Director of Guest Experience

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a nice hotel at a good location near the beach! Our room view was amazing! Only bad thing about it was the food, it’s expensive, and doesn’t taste that great. The lunch in my opinion was not good at all, but the breakfast was. The buffet does have variety but if it wasn’t for our package I don’t know if we would’ve ate there. It was like $80 for breakfast if we would’ve come out of pocket.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Hello Xenia T,

Your five-star review warms our hearts! We're glad you enjoyed your breakfast at Bird & Bone, though are sorry to hear that your other meal disappointed. As you noted, opting for our breakfast and room package is a great value, and of course, additional dining is nearby. We hope you had the chance to explore all the options, and if not, perhaps next time!

Warmly,
Claudia, Director of Guest Experience

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place had exactly 'the vibe' I had been hoping for. Lovely hotel which managed the wow factor without the snobbery. Staff were great, rooms were more than adequate with everything you needed, restaurant food was excellent...and you could go and grab a comp coffee or two in the mornings - set up on the side of the restaurant area. This was a bonus for me as there were no tea making facilities in room and making a hot drink is the first thing I do each day. The pool area was very chic and laid back and if you prefer the beach you have only to step through the back gate. From the hotel you can walk for about 20/30 minutes and be more in the town - I did this once but as it was extremely hot I grabbed an uber mostly. It was just under 10 dollars a time but saved my legs! If I had to look for an improvement it would perhaps be the bar opening times. I came back from a restaurant early one evening to grab a drink with my family at the hotel bar, only to discover that the bar tender had cashed up. It was 10.40! I did ask what time they closed and was told it was 11 - but as nobody was waiting they had decided to close up. I explained that we had come back especially to relax at the hotel but to no avail. This is probably the only slightly negative comment I have about the place. I'm not really a drinker normally but would have kind of expected a bar to be open till a fairly late time when its in a hotel frequented by holiday makers. That said, I loved it there...great pool party at the weekend - which my daughter loved, wonderful live music on the Friday evening by the outside bar (which, again closes early!) - I would absolutely come back - particularly after visiting a couple of the 'very posh' hotels for drinks and being made to feel less than comfortable. Massive thumbs up - definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Manager-247, Guest Relations Manager at The Confidante Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Greetings madontravel_10,

Thank you for gifting us with your thorough review and praise! We're thrilled to know that our historic art deco decor and friendly, casual Miami vibe was the right fit. It seems a though you made the most of your trip, settling in with us and enjoying all we and the surrounding area has to offer, and we hope you'll consider us your home here in mid-beach from now on.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is nicely decorated/clean. It is conveniently located within walking distance to many restaurants. The staff is very friendly and upbeat. Oscar who works on the pool waitstaff is exceptional!

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Hello lisazavattaro,

Your high marks delight us! We're glad you so enjoyed our art deco decor and proximity to the best of mid-beach. We'll be sure to share your review with Oscar, who will be glad to know he helped make your stay memorable.

Until next time,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We're just back from a night and two days, post-cruise, at The Confidante and I can only rave about the service, the location, everything. As Discoverist members we were quickly upgraded to a "partial ocean view" room, which had a spectacular view. A chocolate truffle plate delivered to our room and a tasty comped breakfast buffet (Discoverist perks or perhaps because it was my birthday?) were much appreciated treats. The two pools are lovely, the band (Brothers of Others) was great, half-price happy hour drinks from 4-7 were tasty, and the area friendly but secure with a manned gate leading to the beachside boardwalk. The beach is gorgeous here with warm, clear water and plenty of chairs and umbrellas on a mid-September Friday and Saturday. Our 11th floor room was not overly large, but well laid out and with that fun, period vibe that makes Miami Beach and South Beach special. Soundproofing on the sliding door leading to our balcony was amazingly effective, shutting out the sounds of the band below. A comfortable bed and great custom linens. Bellman Monty was friendly and very helpful. My only quibbles were the too-thin-for me flow in both the shower and sink--the effect of the style of spray heads on both--and the lack of any markings to help you balance hot and cold water in the one-knob shower control. (I'd also be fine if they dialed back the powerful cloud of coconut scent emanating from the lobby.) The 150 Express Bus to the airport picks up a block or so away and is a great bargain at $2.25 per person. We tried the Hyatt Centric in South Beach pre-cruise and while it's nice and we enjoyed it, The Confidante was our favorite by far, offering much more in the way of amenities and beachfront location. With the free air-conditioned Beach trolleys running in constant loops between North, Middle and South Beach (and picking up close to The Confidante), it's easy to get around. All in all, a great stay and we hope to be back.

Room Tip: Choose higher floors for best views and quiet

Dear tcut,

We're so glad to have won your favor! It was our honor to serve as your post-cruise landing place here in Miami, and we're glad to know you continued you vacation with us here. As you noted, our happy hour in our Backyard is a daily delight, and our beach is perfect for settling in for the day. We hope we'll be able to serve as your post or pre-cruise hotel pick from now on.

Warm regards,