“Two excellent dishes out of three”
Review of Via Emilia 9

Via Emilia 9
Reserve with OpenTable
Via Emilia 9 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #207 of 1,217 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$40 - US$250
Cuisines: European, Italian, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The founders of Via Emilia 9 are four friends bonded by their passion for food and culture from Emilia Romagna. Francesco Prandini was born and raised in Modena where he lived for 32 years. While in Italy, he was a commercial agent for popular gastronomic companies, but then decided to start a new adventure in Florida with his wife Laura in 2012. Raffaele Cognome and Marco Cognome are two entrepreneurs from Ferrara, famous for their bread bakery. At home, they are known as the kings of the "Coppia Ferrarese" from Vassalli Group. Last but not least, his name is Wendy Cacciatori. He has 25 years of experience and owns a couple of restaurants around Bologna.What brought this group together was Francesco's catching enthusiasm. They all quickly realized they could work together to make a dream reality - bringing our tradition and flavors to the Unites States... And why not start from Miami!
Reviewed March 13, 2017

I had lunch here with a friend. We shared three dishes.
The burrata and Parma ham was top quality.
The fazzoletti were very good.
The tagliatelli with porcini mushrooms was disappointing. The tagliatelle evidently had not been stirred properly during boiling and some had stuck together. The mushrooms tasted nothing like the porcini mushrooms I have eaten in Italy. But the real disappointment was the charge of $26 for the tagliatelle, which was not on the menu.
Way over priced for the flavor and quality of this dish.

wendy c, Owner at Via Emilia 9, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2017

It is amazing when customers take the time to post a review! Personally I am very satisfied when you pointed out that 3 of your dishes were very good, we constantly work with enthusiasm in the kitchen trying to make each plate amazing. On the contrary, it is disappointing to read the experience you had with the tagliatelle, considering that it is one of the most popular dishes in our menu. I will of course address the concerned party because this is just unacceptable, and also hope you come by again and give out tagliatelle a second chance!

Chef Wendy

Reviewed March 4, 2017

Food was average, portions too small, prices too high for what you get. I don't mind spending on good food, this wasn't the case. Service was ok

wendy c, Owner at Via Emilia 9, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! I am very sorry to hear your visit was not what you expected. We try very hard to fulfill all of our customers expectations, and it would be a satisfaction if this experience does not stop you from coming back to give our kitchen and staff a second chance. The points about average food, portion size, and price will be discussed and addressed with the concerned parties.

Wendy Cacciatori.

Reviewed March 1, 2017 via mobile

Nice and cozy, informal athmosphere.
Real Italian food, but the waitress diden't even know of grappa when we asked for it.

Espresso was excellent. We should have ordered doubbles.

wendy c, Owner at Via Emilia 9, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2017

Thank you so much for your review! We always try to give our customers the best experience possible at Via Emilia and we are constantly trying to better ourselves in every aspect. I am personally very glad you enjoyed your meal and visit, and I also empathise with your points, the experience you had with the Grappa. We will for sure address this matter with the concerned party.

Wendy

Reviewed February 24, 2017

I recently moved from Doral to Miami Beach, and while walking our dogs my husband and I saw Via Emilia 9. Its decor is so chic and warm I needed to try the food! The next day we went for dinner, best decision ever. I found a gem, the truffle raviolis are to die for, the burrata is exquisite and everything was SO GOOD. Also, Chef Wendy and Valentina are so amazing and will make your meal so pleasant! I'll be coming back for sure.

1  Thank Mauricio P
wendy c, Owner at Via Emilia 9, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2017

Thank you very much!

Reviewed February 24, 2017 via mobile

The place is cosy, open kitchen with possible to eat watching the chef preparing cold cuts or other dishes. Nice welcome and great bread with olive oil and balsamic.
I had of today's seafood offer spaghetti with clams. A pure disappointment as too salty and a watery seafood taste for $22!
The glass of red wine was small and warm.
My daughter had the tagliatelle ragù or bolognese which was average and a bit too cooked. We dropped dessert!
I had seen the mixed reviews and unfortunately we are on the low side.

1  Thank NathiOslo
wendy c, Proprietario at Via Emilia 9, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2017

I'm really sorry about your disappointment.
I do hope you'll come by again so that we'll be able to show you that it was probably just a mistake that we made.