1,887 results
All reviews matador room matador restaurant ice skating rink le labo jean george white marble beautiful hotel mid beach pool staff an umbrella ocean view private beach resort fee beach service luxury hotel long weekend the ritz carlton
Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

This hotel is a calm, modern and warm minimal oasis in the bustle of south beach.

By far the best part of this hotel for us was the interior design. The rooms are spacious and well laid out, relaxing and welcoming. We stayed in room 510, a King room with oceanfront balcony - this was double the price of a similar room with no view, however for me it was worth it. The view was stunning - you could see the beach and ocean but also a lively pool and bar scene. We had concerns the music and bustle would bother us into the night but we heard nothing once the balcony doors were closed.

The staff were a close second, and the service we received was amazing. The location of this hotel is great and the pool scene and beach are wonderful, if expectedly a little crowded.

However, for me this hotel fell in terms of dining options. The room service menu had only 10 or so items on it, and were quite generic in their offering - for example in a city of Cuban and Latin food there was little to no representation of this on the menu. Delivery however was prompt and service wonderful, presentation good and dining in room while on the balcony was an experience regardless of the food! The hotel restaurants were also good but again were cleaned up, trendier versions of the flavours I was looking for, making me feel like other options off site were a better choice. The bar however I highly recommend as they had many many options of top shelf liquorice to choose from.

I did not try the bowling alley or skating rink, both of which sound like amazing perks after being in hot sun all day.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel if you love warm modern designed spaces, and value courteous and professional service. The location is far enough away from the bustle to feel relaxing but still a super quick can ride to where all the action is. It is not full of overt party kids or families and so if you are looking for that kind of vacation definitely check out another place - mostly we saw other couples or friends here.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Tyson N, Resident Manager at The Miami Beach EDITION, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2016

Dear 430AyeshaJ,

Thank you for your endearing review of our hotel. I am thrilled to hear our superstar team was able to make your vacation even more memorable. We appreciate your honest feedback regarding the room service availability and will take it into consideration for the future. We love to hear you appreciate our contemporary design throughout the hotel and enjoyed handcrafted cocktails at Matador Bar. On behalf of all of us at The Miami Beach EDITION, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Tyson Nales
Resident Manager

Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

Absolutely loved our stay at the edition. Our ocean view bungalow was specious, comfortable and well appointed, no complaints there. The hotel is beautiful, perfectly well kept. Amazingly it feels boutique. Food at all restaurants was very,very good.... Don't miss Marador Room, best meal we had in Miami.....Service was Impeccable: everyone from the bellboys to front desk staff and restaurant servers was friendly and helpful. Service was generous, whenever there was a complaint about some minor detail, the response was immediate and usually involved a courtesy.
Probably my favorite Miami hotel overall, will definitely return.

1  Thank Clayton4516

Dear Pablo C,

Thank you for your wonderful review, and generous comments of The Miami Beach EDITION. We are thrilled you had such a great stay at our hotel, and were able to enjoy our Jean-Georges restaurants, Matador Room. We love to hear that our superstar team was able to make your vacation even more memorable. Hope you can come see us again soon on your next trip to Miami.

Tyson Nales
Resident Manager

Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

I loved everything about my stay here. The hotel is clean and the customer service is top of the line. The rooms are modern and have a open concept however there are doors that slide along the side of the bathroom to offer privacy. I stayed in a standard room this time but I'll upgrade to a bungalow next time to have a view of the pool. The pools were great, easy to relax. The servers came around frequently. The beach was also cool to rest at, just very hot, this time of year. My only caution is about dining. I recommend taking Uber up to the 6900 of Collins for more affordable dining options. This was our 1st time to Miami and during our 1st night and next morning we had spent almost $200 for two meals. Aside from that, we had a great time. Be sure to visit the club inside the hotel, it's called the Basement. The crowd was diverse and so was the music. A great time all around!

1  Thank Rashonda H
Reviewed August 19, 2016 via mobile

This month I with my family spent great time in this luxury hotel in Miami beach .We had really fantastic holliday and excellent service ,room was always clean and their cuisine was very delicious .They also have 2 pools and private beach with really good service .Beach attendants are really hard workers and always take care of you .We met one guy from Ukraine Ihor who was excellent beach attendant and I think one of the best in that property .Ihor was very efficient in his work and friendly to us. We always had the best spots on the beach because of him:) And my kids like him so much :)) We hope that next our holliday we will spend again here .

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2016 via mobile

Amazing service, customer service, location, value of money. Would definitely come here again. Service has been outstanding since the beginning. Room is spacious, very clean, modern and cozy. Two pools to chose from, in front of the beach. Nothing to complain about.

1  Thank Bernar1984