We were really excited to find this place. After days of eating burgers and pizzas. It was a great change to give us some middle eastern flavours.
Positives first. Service is top class. Even though the place was quite packed, the staff was attentive. They explained the dishes well if you are new to the cuisine. Our lamb kebab order was late by 30mins or so, do they offered to take it off our bill on their own. Which was really nice gesture.
The music, ambience is all great too.
Food: here we had a mix feel. Some hits and some misses. Over all we’re left wanting for more. It could be that we have tried middle eastern food at several places and are quite fond of same and therefore really high standards. We ordered the following:
1. Hummus which was paired with rustic bread (the bread was quite nice though consistency of hummus was too thick and chunky,flavours were good)
2. Babagannoush with bread was quite nice again.
3. Cerviche: cold fish in coconut lemon sauce which my husband and daughter really enjoyed and loved. It was Fresh and delicious.
4. Chicken tagine. This was the let down for us.. and actually something we had been looking forward to. Usual pairing of tagine is mostly with couscous but in this case it was fragrant basmati rice which was quite good. But the chicken was bland and flavourless. The dish on its own has no gravy/ sauce/ curry which usually is. It the case in tagine dishes as they come with some sauce to be had with rice/ couscous. We were quite disappointed with this one.
5. We also ordered a lam kofta (as mentioned earlier) it took about 30 mins to come by when we were done) it was cooked well it the salt was too much and didn’t taste that great.
It cost us about 106 USD so not cheap by any standards. That included a service charge of 18% which I think was fine given service was really the high light here.
Will I try again, may be..but will stick to small plates and hope they improve the tagine. It’s a lovely place Really with some great dishes. Hope they can get all of it right.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.