“The Best French Onion Soup in the World”
Review of L'Edito Restaurant

L'Edito Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 1,184 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Reviewed April 11, 2017

Tremendous find, thanks to TripAdvisor. This is a great little French restaurant hidden away in a condominium off Collins Avenue, and it rivals anything we had in Paris last summer.

We had a party of 7, celebrating a friend's 50th birthday. She's a huge Francophile, and L'Edito totally hit the spot. The red wine was flowing freely, and the atmosphere was intimate, relaxed, and still very celebratory.

I had the Boeuf Bourguignon, and it was delicious. After taking a short walk to see the rest of the space, I ran into a woman from the Black Forest of Germany. She told me they come here every year for the French Onion soup. I quote, the "best French Onion soup in the world." Needless to say, when it came time to order dessert, the soup was my choice. I was not disappointed. In a word, brilliant.

Everyone enjoyed their meals immensely. The service was great, the atmosphere was great, and best of all, the check was absolutely affordable. I would say this is the best value for fine dining that I've ever experience. I cannot wait to go back to Miami, must so I can enjoy another fantastic night at L'Edito.

Reviewed March 31, 2017

This intimate mini-bistro is hidden away in the Seacoast condominium on Collins Avenue. There is no outside signage and you'll need directions from the lobby clerk. It is open for dinner only and is closed Tuesdays.

The restaurant seats about 20 but there is additional outdoor seating. The decor is clean and modern, if a little spartan, with lighting just low enough to qualify as "intimate dining." The one waitress was amiable and efficient.

The menu is short but there is something for everybody, including vegetarians. There is a prix fixe dinner for $24.95. My appetizer, pan-seared Foie Gras, was beautifully plated with a passion fruit coulis. Superb! My wife enjoyed her Maine Lobster Bisque. For our main course, the Boeuf Bourguignon was again beautifully presented, with the bacon cooked separately instead of cooking it along with the meat. The beef was tasty, tender and the sauce delicious. My wife had the Chicken Cordon Bleu which was perfectly baked, served on a bed of fresh peas.

The wine list is short but well-balanced, with an additional selection of wines by the glass. All wines are remarkably low-priced. We chose to have wine by the glass and had an excellent Sancerre($6) with our first course and I had a very good Cabernet Sauvignon ($8) to accompany the Boeuf Bourguignon.

We were too full for dessert but an excellent selection was on offer, including Lava Cake, Creme Brulee, Apple Tart and Souffle Grand Marnier.

I was unable to enjoy a digestif with my coffee as their license allows them to serve only beer and wine. This might have something to do with the extraordinarily inexpensive pricing (for both food and wine). Even the included service charge is 15 percent, compared to the 18 percent of most Miami Beach restaurants.

Summarizing, This is a restaurant offering gourmet-standard French cuisine at very reasonable prices with excellent service. It surely must represent the best fine dining value in Miami Beach and we cannot recommend it highly enough!

Visited March 2017

1  Thank restohawk
Reviewed March 23, 2017 via mobile

Great food, good service. Hidden gem with unusual menu options. Small place so book in advance. International audience.

1  Thank Stefan T
Reviewed March 16, 2017 via mobile

Excellent food. Well prepared and fabulous. Accommodating to requests for modifications. Many "regulars" which is always a good sign. Perfect service. In a city of pretension and "sceney" places, this one stands out as honest, thoughtful and just yummy.

1  Thank Z K
Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

This charming micro-bistro serves some very spectacular food. Dishes made for every palette come in the form of a delectable variety of types of cuisine, including hearty meat and fresh seafood, as well as vegetarian dishes created by award winning French Chef Christophe. All servings are beautifully and imaginatively plated. His lovely, effervescent wife Hannan serves diners gracefully in this intimate gem hidden from the street located at Seacoast 5700 Collins Avenue. I've dined here countless times and have never had a meal that was less than superb. Whether your a resident of "Millionaire's Row" or just visiting our fair city by the sea you'll be enjoying some superb dining while avoiding all the hubbub of Miami Beach Restaurant Reservation madness. Seating outside by the pool for blissful sunset libations and an authentic meal created by Christophe.

1  Thank Jane H