20 people are viewing this hotel
US$239
Free cancellation until 22-12-08
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$239
Free cancellation until 22-12-10
Etrip
US$130
Hotels.comUS$239
Vio.comUS$134
Agoda.comUS$148
4,664 results
All reviews front desk south beach pool area girls trip amazing service beautiful hotel great customer service pool staff ocean front an umbrella lincoln road ocean drive shelbourne neto wyndham miami armando
Selected filters
Reviewed August 17, 2019

Polo was the most amazing attendant! He did everything with a smile and was so attentive, accommodating and sweet to me and all my friends! Him and Dominique made my bachelorette truly a trip to remember! Will definitely come back because of these guys!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Kaitlyn S
KyleMoon, Front Office Manager at Shelborne South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2019

Dear Kaitlyn S,

I am very happy that you enjoyed your wedding festivities at the Shelborne South Beach. I will definitely pass on your kind words to Dominique and Polo. We look forward to being able to deliver another amazing experience again soon.

Reviewed August 17, 2019 via mobile

The staff was very helful. Elijah was extremely kind with us and ensured we were Well taken Care of and really made the difference in our day and really made US excited to receive the same treatment for the next week!

1  Thank Muusmann01

Dear Muusmann01,

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your first day at the Shelborne South Beach. I will definitely pass on your kind words to Elijah. If you have any questions feel free to ask any of our team members. We hope to continue to deliver amazing experiences for the next week.

Reviewed August 17, 2019

My teenage daughter and I had a couple of weeks to travel before school started back up. Visiting grandma brought us to central florida and an extra 5 days meant choosing a Miami Beach hotel from 100’s!

As a child my family stayed in many of the old iconic hotels along South Beach so I took to the reviews and choose the SHELBORNE based on some nice reviews, a good summer rate and the ability to have a beautiful pool plus the ocean front chairs and service - a deep search found us an ocean front room that also happened to include breakfast!

We were in!

However, upon arrival we found a smaller than expected although very clean room with two queens and a somewhat view of the ocean. More like a corner peek!

The bathroom was clean but too small for us both to unload and leave out our toiletries.

All of this would have been ok since we didn’t plan to spend too much time in our room. However, the weather didn’t look like it was going to cooperate and thus we were stuck in a small room with a less than perfect view and a promising Cuban resturant tnat turned out to have few choices and far too long a wait to be seated!

We were booked for 5 nights but when I called the desk to inquire about checking out early... I was surprised by the response of the front desk.

DELISA was stellar!
Having worked in hospitality in the ski industry and having been trained at the world class resort in Utah known as DEER VALLEY! I knew great customer service and what I received from Delisa and the manager she consulted with that day was above and beyond!

She gave more 4 options with the side note that in the end ... of course they wanted me to be happy staying on with them but if none of her choices were acceptable they would gladly allow me to check out and she even offered to extend my check out time so that I could have enough time to gather our things and not be charged for the night as it was getting to be late in the day!

The room they changed us to for the same wonderful rate I had researched hard to find was amazing! The size and view improved and the rest of our stay was great!

The resort is a classic and very much as I had remembered it as a child. It is an old icon of a building and as such there was some rough edges... ie the carpet in the hallway of the townhouses was FILTHY and barely tolerable with a slight smell as you traversed the long narrow hallway, but the amazing room on the other side of the door was worth over looking the dirty rug!

The room was clean and fun and quite large. A large family or a couple of friends could have easily joined us and been comfortable in there!

There was a nice breakfast area and what looked like it might have been a kitchen at one time. We were disappointed that there was no refrigerator (other than the overstocked candy and liquor mini fridge- which we emptied into a drawer so that we wouldn’t be tempted! But the prices of the items in the mini fridge bar area actually weren’t as bad as they could have been and had we succumbed it was better than many other hotel mini bar prices that we had seen!

We could have used a microwave as well and a sink in the kitchen area would have been nice but again... we didn’t spend much time in the amazing retro room since the weather turned out nice and our entire days were spent at the pool and in the warm warm wonderful ocean just steps from the pool area!

I had read some reviews that said the staff was rude (many of the hotels had the same reviews and in general this is true of service people in all of Miami!! However I found that the staff was actually very receptive to kind treatment and if you gave them the curtesy they deserved (they had a hard job servicing many guests at the same time and some of them were demanding and impatient! ) if you were kind, they turned around and treated you with utmost respect and care and I found they worked hard to make sure we were happy and had everything we needed!

Delisa saved our trip.
The location and outside amenities were perfect!
The food was excellent (both the buffet breakfast and the lunch menu that was served at poolside! ) was delicious and reasonably priced (as beach prices tend to be high and 20% tip tends to be automatically added ).

Head to the pool early to claim a great chair location as people tended to stake out the good ones and stayed mostly all day!

Don’t arrive late to breakfast as tney stop replenishing before the end and you will miss out on some delicious breakfast items!

The pool closed rather early and no opportunity to swim in the evenings so get it all in during the day!

There was some construction on the uppper pool deck that affected access from our room area but it was minor and there were other easy ways to get to the deck!

We didn’t have time but they have some fun bikes available to ride and I wish we had had time to ride down the boardwalk !

One more thing - we paid over $40 to leave our car In he garage and I wish I had given up the rental car and gotten a new one at the end to avoid this... we absolutely didn’t need a car the entire time we were there so consider Uber from the airport and walk wherever you need to go (unless you plan to head off the beach!).

We are already planning our return and will plan in some days at the SHELBORNE! I think my daughter will to home with the same type of fun memories as I still have hanging around the pool and beach and making the most of our beach vacation together !

Hope this helps.

KR
California

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 323krr

Dear 323krr,

Thank you for your kind (and very informative review). I am delighted that you and your daughter had an amazing experience at the Shelborne South Beach. I am happy that Delisa was able to make your trip as enjoyable as possible. Safe travels until we meet again.

Reviewed August 16, 2019

The experience was great! The staff was great! Polo made sure everything was clean and comfortable. He offered some recommendations, and the food was great. I love the food, and the drinks! I got free towels, two complimentary drinks, and he was very attentive

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Shaden F

Dear Shaden F,

I am very glad that you had a positive experience at the Shelborne South Beach. I am pleased to read that our team members were attentive and helpful. We hope to have the opportunity to deliver another amazing experience again soon.

Reviewed August 16, 2019

We are here on a bachelorette trip and these boys really allowed us to be ourselves and have fun on their beach! They provided us a day bed on the front of the beach that we were able to room charge and allowed us to have our private section! BEST GIRLS TRIP EVER!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Maria M

Dear Maria M,

I am delighted that you enjoyed the bachelorette trip to the Shelborne South Beach. I am also happy that you were able to get your own private section. Safe travels until we meet again.