“Would not recommend”

Ranked #76 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Toronto, Canada
“Would not recommend”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Very small room (king size bed) felt like a closet; questionable decor (black curtains in the small room felt creepy); very noisy hotel. Good things: airport shuttle and location. Would not return.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank poumnova
Steve_Sbg_Vibe_Mgr, Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Poumnova!

Our hotel is described as Intmate, Hip, and Boutique Style on our website. I am sorry that your room did not meet your expectations. However, South Barch Group Hotels have several hotels, each meeting the needs and expectations of different travelers. If you are looking for quiet and larger room I recommend the Riviera, where we have apartment style rooms in a quieter part of Miami Beach. Take a look at the Riviera South Beach on our website. We look forward to hearing from you.

Steven Morales
Vibe Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 March 2012

This was our 4th year coming down to South Beach for WMC and this was one of the best hotels we've stayed at. We arrived early morning, but were able to leave our luggage and enjoy the day. We were nervous to leave our belongings behind, but they had them chained up so we were relaxed knowing they weren't going anywhere. Our original hotel was one on Ocean Drive, but a week before leaving for vacation I had checked TripAdvisors.com for recent reviews and was horrified to see pictures of a bedbug infestation. (Cavalier Hotel) We ended up re-booking a Jr. Suite at the Chesterfield because they were the only hotel able to accommodate our dates on such a short notice and within our budget. We were upgraded to a regular Suite since our original room still wasn't ready an hour after check in. The room was great... clean and modern and NO bedbugs or bugs of any sorts! The room was on the second floor on the back side of the building and we had our own terrace to share with two other rooms. If you can afford it, look into these rooms! Very nice! The resort fee is kinda silly, but at least we didn't have to pack our own beach towels and reuse them for a week. It was nice to have a fresh towel every day. And if you fly into Miami they have a complimentary airport shuttle which pays for its self with your resort fees. My only complaint would be that the hotel is noisy so if your a light sleeper request a room in the back! We were coming home at 3-4AM the the music was still going.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I absolutely loved the atmosphere, the style of the bedroom and the house music they played constantly all throughout the day and night. Even though I wish that the house keeping did not barge in when we did not answer while sleeping but we have a sense of humor. I loved how small it was as well not too much traffic in and out of the room area. Daniel Estevez and Tavaris (I believe) was also great and made us feel right at home!

Room Tip: If you don't want to hear music from downstairs during the nights, get a room farthest from the...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Florida
Reviewed 28 March 2012

A friends and I stated here the end of february for her birthday celebration. Hotel valet was simple, check in a breeze and just our overall stay was great! I seriously had not 1 issue with hotel besides the room not having enough light to get ready. Location of this hotel is perfect right in the heart of the best places.everything was in walking distance from wet willies, to mangos to the rustic pizzeria down the block. We absolutely enjoyed our stay thanks to the amazing and enjoyable staff. Alex and the other staff members are the reason we'll be back for my birthday celebration :-)

Room Tip: I think any room would be fine just depends on what your needs are. My friend and I explored the maj...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I stayed here with my wife and toddler and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the establishment. The lobby and bar area is stylish, and the same applied to the room we had. The bed was excellent and the bedroom had a large LCD TV. There was also one in the living area, which made having a dip in the jacuzzi even more enjoyable.

The room we had was on the ground floor at the back, which meant that there was no view to be had. The more expensive rooms are probably better positioned. The internet didn't work in the room, but because the weather was nice we were able to use it in the communal area outside.

One thing I did not like was the inclusion of a "resort fee". I think it's a deceptive practice, particularly for an establishment that is not actually a resort; just because everyone else does it does not make it right. Still, the room only cost us $80 with that included, so I thought it remained a good deal. On that note, we got a much better price by booking through an external site, rather than the hotel's website.

The location is excellent, for it's in a great part of South Beach and is a very short walking to restaurants and the beach. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Fleabag motel still charged resort fee. Moved us to next room and I had my first ever asthma attack from black mold in a/c unit. Avoid this place like the plague, which I may have caught here'

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank BIGCityAPes
Steve_Sbg_Vibe_Mgr, Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
BigCityAFes,

I am sorry to hear about your review. Our staff works very hard to make sure our rooms are clean. Our hotel does not have fleas and we are not a motel. I understand that Florida is a humid place and we do have a lot of mosquitos. However, we still want you to have a great experience with our hotel. I hope that you can come back and enjoy your stay like you should have the first time around.

Steven Morales
Vibe Manager
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I've stayed here numerous times and each time gets better and better. The hotel is located in the heart of South Beach so if that's where you want to be this is the place. The staff is helpful and gracious. Franchesca at the front desk is always courteous and patient, Pedro the bellman is always friendly and ready to give great service. Paula at the bar has been there awhile and it's great to see a familiar face. Paula is solid and very helpful and knowledgeable. I will stay here again.

Darren