This was my girlfriends first time to Miami. We arrived into Miami International airport late on Friday night. We caught the 10pm (free) shuttle from the airport to the Hotel Shelley, it took maybe 20 minutes to get to the hotel with a few stops along the way.
As soon as we arrived we were greeted by the guy at front desk (I wish I could remember his name), he was so friendly and helpful. We noticed the atmosphere was very upbeat, and they were setting up for Karaoke.
If you plan on having a quiet and relaxing evening, this may not be the place for you at least not on this Friday night.
Our room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable, everything is walking distance. The hotel is located one street over from Ocean Drive (Fantastic!). We enjoyed our evening of dinner and then Mangos, which is located around the corner from the hotel.
When checking out the next morning, the guy was just as friendly and sweet as the guy from the night before (I don’t remember his name either) he told me he was from Serbia. He retrieved my luggage from the third floor for me and when we asked him about where to get some coffee, he told us to wait in the lobby, at the same time there was a torrential down pour of rain, he put on a rain poncho and was ready to run into the rain to get us some coffee but we couldn’t let him do that. What a nice guy!
My girlfriend and I had a great time even if it was only for one night but we will definitely be back and next time it won’t be for only one night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Shelley is product of a flawless marriage between comfort and affordability. Located just steps from the ocean, the Shelley is a favorite to travelers who enjoy an unpretentious atmosphere and prime location at a good price. Our vibe is chill. We're talking bathing suits and flip flops...all day long. The laid-back ambiance and gracious staff of the Shelley prove ideal to the casual traveler who's looking for a place where anything goes. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $20.00 plus tax ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Shelley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shelley Hotel Miami Beach
- Shelley Miami Beach
- Hotel Shellys
- Hotel Shelley Miami Beach, Florida