“surprise! more fees...”
Review of Hotel Shelley

Hotel Shelley
Ranked #83 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Upon arrival we were given a paper stating an $18/ day fee that was NOT on the website when booking. The $40/ day valet can and DID take an hour or more to bring the car around... if they didn't forget. The bathrooms were so dirty I barely wanted to hoover to pee. This was a first and last! I don't care how well priced it is I will pay more and stay somewhere else.

Stayed: October 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (1,611)

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Simple, good, with necessary to sleep well. I stayed in the hotel with 2 chidren, but they didn’t offer a special bed, or a kind grille to the bed. I just didn’t like to have to pay the $100 before the stay as “security”. This offended me a lot.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 7 October 2017

I stayed only 3 nights and arrived late on my first night. The desk clerk “Erick” was very attentive. He took the time to know me as a person staying at the hotel. Engaged in great conversation. My room was booked through “travelocity” and was paid in full. I booked a standard room with one bed and when I received my key my room had two beds. I wasn’t charged a difference. The decor of the room and amenities was very good. I felt comfortable staying there. I would highly recommend this hotel. It’s within walking distance of all local restaurants and a block away from the beach on ocean drive. The area was very trendy and locals are easy going. Service was superb and my needs were met. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I didn’t have a full length mirror!! Lol
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

On my trip to Miami I had such a great time the hotel staff was amazing Anna at the front desk took care of us. She is so sweet every time I come here she welcomes you with a warm smile and is very informational. I have a ankle problem and she is always willing to accommodate me on the first floor. Anytime o come to Miami I stay here at the Shelly it is the only hotel on south beach that I recommend!!!
Thank you so much for being the best hotel on sobe!!!

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

We love this hotel. It’s in a great location am for the price you get free happy hour. It’s in the middle of everything. And it’s two blocks from the Kardashian store. Everything we go to Miami we stay at this hotel.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Free drinks everyday, beach towels for the beach, Ana gave the best accommodations helped me with great recommendations. One block from the beach and 10 minutes from the port. Free 20 minute shuttle to airport.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I was truly disappointed about my stay the first night I stayed there there was no check in at the hotel you had to walk for hotels down just to check in then when I went to my room the card did not work to open the door so I had to walk back for hotels to get a key fix which they then changed my room upon entering the new room the TV was out no satellite so that was a problem and then I went to take a shower and there wasn't any hot water I booked the room for two days I left four bottles of water in the refrigerator when I came back from work to stay the second night someone stole the four bottles of water out of the refrigerator I tried to write the manager and speak to the manager but she was never on property when I was there she never returned my phone calls she never returned my emails I was trying to get some compensation for the bad time that I have spent there but I did not receive any I was going to call my credit card and dispute the charges because I did not get what I paid for but haven't decided if that is the route that I am going to go yet

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank jason m
SBG_GM, General Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Oh no! We are very sad to hear you are disappointing with your recent stay. I apologize in advance for any inconvenience you hay ave had. I personally checked you in and took care of you. It was just a day after hurricane Irma passed, on September 12th. We made a great effort, once we got power in the are the hotel is located in the first day Miami Beach city was made accessible to all by the government. We made a great effort to open the faster possible in order to help out all the persons looking for a hotel at the moment. We also offered a great rate understanding the situation to make if more affordable for all. There was still no satellite in the city as there was
working on the reestablishment of it but there were all the main regular channels available. We hoped all our guests can understand , as it was a particular moment. Regarding the room keys, I explained you that you had it near your cellphone or credit cards that was the reason the key cards got demagnetized. I was on the property all times and did not receive any report regarding your concerns. I would have been more than happy to assist you immediately. We did not receive any complaint through·out the night regarding the hot water in the property. I am sorry we did not receive yours at the moment in order to assist you immediately. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and I am more than available anytime to speak with you regarding your stay.

Amanda Olivella