Having travelled worldwide, I can put up with inconveniences to a point, and the Hotel Shelley falls within that tolerable parameter. However, I booked the room from Expedia for two nights at $69 per night. The taxes and fees were over $22 per night. Expedia charged my credit card $182.82 for the two nights at the Shelley. The taxes are purported to be 13% plus a $5.00 resort fee. $22 covers that and then some. When I checked out, I was told I owed a $5.00 resort fee plus 13% tax on the $5.00 resort fee for a total of $5.65 or $11.30 for the two nights. Bottom line: I paid $28 in taxes and fees per night for a $69 per night room! Thank God I did 't use the hotel open bar or minibar in my room. I probably would have paid for items I didn't use and ended up paying $69 in incidentals for a $69 room! I've stayed at various hotels in Miami Beach many times (booked by myself as well as with Expedia) and this was the first experience of this kind concerning an overcharge. Expedia said they didn't get any of the $28 per night, apologized and gave me a $25 credit on my next booking with them. It won't be with the Shelley!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Shelley is product of a flawless marriage between comfort and affordability. Located just steps from the ocean, the Shelley is a favorite to travelers who enjoy an unpretentious atmosphere and prime location at a good price. Our vibe is chill. We're talking bathing suits and flip flops...all day long. The laid-back ambiance and gracious staff of the Shelley prove ideal to the casual traveler who's looking for a place where anything goes. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $20.00 plus tax ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Shelley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shelley Hotel Miami Beach
- Shelley Miami Beach
- Hotel Shellys
- Hotel Shelley Miami Beach, Florida