1,671 results
All reviews happy hour free drinks front desk south beach free shuttle ocean drive rooms are small enjoyed my stay block miami hookah ana clubs sobe collins nightlife action
Reviewed February 10, 2007

I couldn't get an airport area room after Super Bowl, so Hotwire put me at the Shelley for $80 night incl fees. I then read the reviews and expected the worst. In fact, the room was very nice though not for businessmen: no coffee maker or sitting desk ( but three boxes of condoms!) I was in the back so noise wasn't an issue. The breakfast is minimal, but the happy hour is a nice bonus (if you don't mind the barmaid loudly proclaiming that her tip for free drinks should be the full price we would have otherwise paid!) Parking is public, around the corner for $1 per hour. I suppose I could have had problems if I were closer to the lobby, but as it was the stay was fine and I would go back as long as I could get the same room.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank coachhouse
Reviewed January 16, 2007

I wish I had read the reviews here before I stayed at Hotel Shelly last Summer. Like other guests have written, there is a total noise in the lobby. It's impossible to speak to the person at the front desk, when trying to check in.

The hall leading to the room is pitch dark, only lit by the emergency ligths (thank God there was no emergency, I wouldn't have been able to find my way out!). Last but not least, I was charged 25 bucks extra, after I got home - no mention of this when I checked out. And I had taken absolutely nothing out of the minibar, I'm just guessing that it was that they charged me for. I guess they figured they could get away with it, as I checked out and went back home to Denmark. However, I made my bank decline that transaction.

I would definitely not recommend this hotel to others, despite it looking very nice on the website!

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled on business
1  Thank DanishTravel
Reviewed January 15, 2007

The bar is noisy at night but the breakfast is great. The location is excellent for South Beach. Check with the desk about parking before you arrive and try to get there in the morning as it is not so busy. The price is great for South Beach and the room decor is well done. My wife and I will stay again.

Stayed: January 2007
Reviewed January 15, 2007

I stayed here with my boyfriend in the sumeer for my birthday for a week. The hotel did not start my mood off well, The receptionist was really nice and helpful, the hall was dark, at first i thought the lights were not working but it was just dark. Our room was ok it was a lil small but ok. The location is great near everything which was nice. All i can say IS dont bring your children here 0-7 years as it can get very noisy.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 14, 2007

My girlfriend and i stayed there in Jan 2007.
NO JOKE: DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU LIKE TO SLEEP AT NIGHT.

Loud music plays 24 hours a day in the lobby. This "hotel", and I use this term loosely, has terribly thin walls, you hear techno music all day and night (not a lie), and there are people there hanging out all day and night making noise and carrying on all night.

We stayed 5 days. In 5 days I had 4 towels on day 1, 1 towel on day 2, no towels on day 3, and had to go to the front office to get towels on the last days of my trip. THERE ARE NO CLOSETS IN THE ROOM I STAYED IN (1ST FLOOR), THE KING SIZE BED TAKES THE ENTIRE ROOM UP, THERE IS ***NO*** SPACE IN THESE ROOMS!

The mini bar comes with a inventory sheet that I reviewed when i checked in, and it was WAY off. They indicated that I should have certain amounts of alcohol (for example: 2 mini rum, 2 mini vodka, 2 mini whiskey), this was wrong...which if i did not correct, would have cost me $20 in alcohol charges when I check out.
IF YOU STAY, I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU CHECK THIS INVENTORY BEFORE YOU STAY.

I swear I felt like i was in a different world when i stayed there, and it will be SO good to sleep in my own bed and not hear techno from 11:30 PM - 4:00 AM....

MY RATING: D-