1,669 results
All reviews happy hour free drinks front desk south beach free shuttle ocean drive rooms are small enjoyed my stay beach towels block miami hookah ana clubs sobe collins nightlife
Reviewed October 28, 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at the Hotel Shelley with my Boyfriend on a planned trip to Miami. When we arrived at the Hotel the first thing that I noticed was the beautifully decorated lobby.. I knew then that we were going to have a great time! Our room was great and very comfortable and the location was central enough for us to walk to all the major attractions. The yound lady at the Front desk was soooo helpful and nice ... she gave us the inside information on all the HOT SPOTS to visit and was very attentive to our needs. As a matter of fact, she would even ask us how we enjoyed ourselves once we returned to the hotel and took delight in our details. I don't usually write good reviews.. partly because GOOD SERVICE has become so scarce these days.. when I come across friendly service and employees that go above and beyond their call for my benefit I HAVE TO LET OTHERS KNOW! Because of the Service Lina provided to us, our trip went from being just another vacation to one that will last in our memory forever.. she truly saved us time and money with her suggestions and ideas.. SHELLEY HOTEL you have yourself a winner in that employee.. I've suggested to many of my friends and family that they should visit your hotel.... guilty pleasure.. she also told me where to buy the most smoking hot pair of pumas that I've EVER owned!!!! Thanks Lina, see you next year!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2010

One of the best hotels ever, every clean, and friendly workers, their front desk rep Lina was very nice and professional. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
MiguelangeloSBG, General Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2010

Dear spadesmygame2002

Thank you very much for staying with us! We appreciate very much every compliment we get.
We are so happy to hear that Lina went out of her way to make your stay most enjoyable.
We will farword your kind words to her, and every member of our team.
Hurry back we would like to see you soon.

Best regards,
Miguelangelo Hinojosa
Chesterfield Hotel & Hotel Shelley

Reviewed October 18, 2010

This hotel was NOT a good experience. The room was nice enough bc I like the simple, minimalist decor. The bathroom, however, was DISGUSTING! Too unsanitary to shower there...there were bugs flying around in the shower in addition to the unclean nature of the bathroom! We had to shower over a friend's house...most of the hotel staff was nice to us. However, the night clerk (Chris) was AWFUL! He was VISIBLY intoxicated, slurring his words and lied about me owing the entire balance and I told him I had already paid. He asked for my credit card and I gave it to him, but requested he show me my bill! He said the printer wasn't working & he couldn't give me a copy of my bill or tell me what was on it! He then gave me back my credit card and offered me a copy of my manually scanned credit card. I inquired that didn't I need to sign it and he said no bc the charges hadn't been finalized!!! WHAT? He was obviously lying and had called his crooked taxi driver friend who STOLE my friend's cell phone. When we called back to get the number for the taxi company, he gave me a bogus number. I called the company and they said they never spoke to him, didn't have a taxi driver named Carlos, and have GPS systems in all their taxis and none was in our area, nor had been! When I called him back, he said he called them & the guy was lying...WTF?! He had actually called a personal friend, not a taxi company! I called to cancel my credit card and put a fraud alert on my credit report...this is unacceptable! When I called my card company, they told me $386 had already been charged to my card previously, so I had further evidence that he was trying to scam me. This clerk is sketchy & tried to steal my identity...PLEASE BEWARE & steer clear of this hotel. He pairs up with taxi drivers, so travellers please be careful! They run tag team scams down there & we lucked out because it was 5am & I cancelled within an hour, so they didn't have an opportunity to use it! Please, young ladies especially, go elsewhere bc this place is unsafe for single ladies or anyone really. Glad all this happened on the last day, otherwise our weekend getaway would have been ruined :( I may pursue legal action

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank jinez1112
Reviewed October 5, 2010

If one likes the smell of rotten carpets together with the noise and the vibration of the aircon, please feel free to stay there.
Once you check out a double charge to your credit card is included and after six weeks even with the banks intervention it will not be refunded.
All that bad quality for some 130USD ofcourse without breakfast. I do not understand why Amercans think Europe is expensive. Even in high season you find proper, clean rooms with breakfast in Austria or Italy for example for 30 Euros.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank OskarBa
Reviewed October 1, 2010

This hotel is very modern and up to date. However, I wish someone would have told me parking is limited. Do not book this or any other hotel with Priceline. There are a few hidden fees with this hotel. Expect a $15 per day fee for hotel surcharges. Valet parking is $30 per night. The tow trucks in Miami are predatory. So , if you are smart just forget the rental car all together. The location of this hotel is great. Hotel Shelley is in the middle of everything you want to see. It's within walking distance to the beach and decent restaurants. My trip started out as a disaster but thanks to Josue and a few other staffers it ended on a good note. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple