Let me start by saying I would have given this hotel a higher rating had it not been for the inconvenience of a reality show being filmed in the hotel which caused several issues during our stay. The hotel itself was nice, except it is a little weird to have to go through a sushi restaurant to get to your room. But as far as South Beach location goes, this is a great spot.
We booked a girls weekend trip for my bachelorette party. I was not the planner so the cost is something I am unable to speak to. Upon our arrival, the valet was HORRIBLE but it turns out they are an outside company. The hotel was very apologetic and even comped the valet fees due to the poor experience so we were quite satisfied with that. The room was nice, decorated very nicely, with great water pressure in the shower unlike the majority of SoBe hotels. There was a large window in the shower that let in far too much light in the AM after a late night, but other than that the room was fine.
The main problem was the reality tv show they were filming. We were at the rooftop pool (which is amazing) and ended up having to leave because they are filming some idiotic reality show for the CW. The show's crew was incredibly rude and basically acted like paying guests were an inconvenience. It was a major bummer for us because the rooftop was great. There are beds around the pool, and music playing, and a poolside bar that also has good food. Several other instances of filming around the hotel were a problem as well. Another thing that was so upsetting was the fact that the friend who planned the trip spoke to the hotel 3 times in the booking process and was NEVER told about the filming. Fair warning would have been appreciated.
The best part of the hotel was Robert on the Rooftop! He was GREAT! If you were to look up "great customer service representative" in the dictionary I am pretty sure you would find his picture. He is by far the best thing the Catalina has to offer. Take some time to chat with him, he's a great person!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Catalina Hotel + Beach Club is all of this and more. With a decidedly European jet-set vibe and a splashy beach club where you can get poolside manicures and pedicures, the Catalina Hotel + Beach Club also offers two restaurants, two pools, four bars, a media library, a rooftop terrace, a Japanese Koi fish pond and a Zen garden. In addition, the hotel boasts a dedicated library, which can serve as a meeting space for small groups. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $20.00 plus tax ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalina Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Hotel And Beach Club
- Catalina Hotel Miami
- Catalina Hotel & Beach Club Miami Beach, Florida