My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights just last week. I don't have eought space here to list all of my complaints about this hotel, so I will stick with the top issues. First of all, while our room, which was in the Maxine building was updated and appeared to be clean on the surface, was completely disgusting with a closer look. The hallways are dark and musty smelling, you can barely see the person next to you in the hall. There were tiny black and red bugs all over the bathroom, including on the towels, which are stored under the sink on a rack. We called the front desk, who send a guy with some bug spray to our room, and he just sprayed the corners around the floor. Needless to say, the bug never left. I kept taking our towels off the covered cart in the hallway because there weren't bugs in those. 2 of the original 'clean' towels left for us in the bathroom looked at is they had been used by someone with heavy makeup, then just folded up and left for the next guest. The bed sheets appeared to be clean, the bed was comfortable...probably the only plus to our stay here. The second day there, we noticed the little bugs on the dresser that they have the mini bar and snack tray stored on. When I called the front desk to request another room, we were told there weren't any rooms in our building and we would have to move to another building that didn't have updated bathrooms...don't get me started on those. All I can say is, our friends were in one of those, and the bathrooms were dirty, tile and grout stained, and it smelled like sewage.
Second issue...the parking. When we booked this hotel almost 6 months ago, they advertised $25 parking/ night. When we got there, we were greeted with valet only at $32/ night as our only option. Ridiculous. Bait and switch.
Third issue...they are filming a reality show for the CW at this hotel. In the lobby we were met by a lobby FULL of camera, people with headsets on, etc. We would not have been able to use the lobby even if we wanted to. We actually had one girl that was helping film shoosh us to be quiet. They are filming the staff here who are a bunch of obnoxious and slutty looking little teenage girls who are rude to the guests and are trying to act as cute as they can for the cameras. We were bombarded by clip boards in our face with them trying to get us to sign papers so they could film us throughout our stay, otherwise they would have to search for us in clips to blur our faces...poor them. I declined just to spite them. We were not allowed to use the rooftop pool during our stay, or the other side of the roof with the lounge chairs. The staff from the series had completely taken it over and the hotel had placed 'pool closed' signs all around the roof by the entrance. We were only 'allowed' to use the bamboo pool...paying guests feeling as if they are in jail.
DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. BEWARE! Dirty, rude, complete bait and switch!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Catalina Hotel + Beach Club is all of this and more. With a decidedly European jet-set vibe and a splashy beach club where you can get poolside manicures and pedicures, the Catalina Hotel + Beach Club also offers two restaurants, two pools, four bars, a media library, a rooftop terrace, a Japanese Koi fish pond and a Zen garden. In addition, the hotel boasts a dedicated library, which can serve as a meeting space for small groups. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $20.00 plus tax ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Catalina Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Hotel And Beach Club
- Catalina Hotel Miami
- Catalina Hotel & Beach Club Miami Beach, Florida