The only really good thing about the Delano is the pool. I wonder if there's a way to just rent on of the cabanase instead of actually staying in the hotel? My opinions:
1) If you decide to paint every single surface in your hotel white, you have an obligation to clean/bleach/paint it enough to ensure that every possible stain doesn't show up. Curtains, rugs, floors, walls all had stains and the like so that the pristine white was really just a beat up, overused off white.
2) The hotel really hasn't been well taken care of - some windows were painted shut, knobs missing, mattress not comfortable, painted cement floors (if you get them wet, you will fall down), the ceiling and windows in the workout room were leaking puddles onto the floor, the air conditioners basically had two settings - freezing and humid. This place is old, as most things are in Southbeach, but maintenance is lacking and it really shows.
3) For what this place costs, they should be falling all over themselves helping you and bringing you anything you want. The pool staff and the bar staff near the pool were friendly. Everyone else was just not terribly interested in helping guests.
4) The food is good, but not excellent.
5) The beach is good, but not great.
6) The thing that really annoyed me was the cheapness of the place - why charge $800 per night and then have uninsulated ice buckets with no tops so the ice melts in 10 minutes and there's a puddle all over your desk? Why even have a workout room if half the equipment is not working and there are puddles all over the floor and you have to walk through the garbage area to get there? The bathrooms are so tiny that put unusually small toilets in them so you'd be able to walk into the shower... again, why?
A cool vibe at the pool can only take you so far. I won't stay at the Delano again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of South Beach and directly on the ocean, Delano is the ultimate world-class urban resort and self-contained destination. Boasting America's first Indoor/Outdoor Lobby, the hotel's public spaces create the feeling of an interwoven "village" with almost no separation between indoors and out. With its soaring and unforgettably beautiful Lobby, legendary white Guestrooms, lushly landscaped Orchard, breathtaking Pool, the renowned Club Essentia wellness center and spa and stunning private beach, Delano epitomizes Simple Chic for a modern world. Delano offers seasonal packages and special offers including spa, breakfast and parking packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Priceline, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Delano South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delano Hotel Miami Beach
- Delano Resort Miami Beach
- Delano Miami
- Delano South Beach Hotel Miami Beach, Florida