New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #42 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Greer, South Carolina
“First Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

My husband and I recently returned from a long weekend getaway to this magnificent hotel. From the first breathtaking moment we walked into the dark wood lobby with its flowing white ceiling to floor curtains, I knew a this was going to be an unforgettable visit. With the exception of a green apple mounted on its perch at the entrance, our room was white ( floor included) with only a hint of random gray. The bar, the very tall padded headboard, the walls were white. The bathroom was marble ceiling to floor. Whimsical, eclectic furnishings abound in the hotel lobby and bars. The pool was quite a happening spot, complete with a DJ. Mother's Day brunch was delicious. The staff makes every effort to accommodate and please. We are already planning our next trip to this iconic hotel. Jimmy, bartender in the Rose Bar, was the best by far. He is so energetic and has a truly magnetic personality.
x

Room Tip: Ocean front is great but if you need a quieter ambiance, the music from the pool may disturb.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vmi78
Lee G, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 26 May 2012
Thank you for the wonderful feedback!

Your description of our property is spot on. Ambiance combined with world class service make for a perfect getaway and I'm glad you experienced the best of what we have to offer.
I will certainly pass along your appreciation to Jimmy, we love to hear when specific members of our team have an impact.

Always feel free to reach out to me personally the next time your travels bring you to Miami, I'm happy to handle your arrangements.

See you soon!
Best,

Lee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

After much research and consideration, we chose the Delano for the initial 3 nights in Miami of a 10 day milestone birthday celebration my husband arranged for me. From the incredibly warm welcome to the amazing room, pool area, food and dining recommendation/booking, this experience turned out to be the highlight of my birthday adventure. We cannot thank Lee Greenspan (guest experience mgr) enough for the thoughtful attention to detail he organized for our stay and his kind hospitality and genuine interest in ensuring our needs were met throughout our stay. Good friends surprised me staying at the Delano too, and we all just loved the whole experience. This hotel has a very cool and hip vibe which was such fun! In fact, we are flying back early to enjoy one more day a half at the Delano to close off this special occasion before returning home. Thanks for the memories Delano... We (and our friends) have definitly added Delano to our fun destinations list (we all travel a great deal... In fact met living abroad). Always great to find wonderful places like this!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Judy S
Hello John and Judy,

It was a pleasure to have helped plan and execute this milestone vacation... Now that you've acquanted yourselves with Delano and all of the additional offerings on Miami Beach, I hope this is a new and long term getaway location for you. It was a pleasure having you and I'll look forward to many returns!

Best,

maimi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

Once again i've returned from my Miami visit, once again i write that the Delano hotel is like an old trusted friend. last time i visited the property they were just starting to upgrade blue door, which is now "Bianca" the pool area. I was really considered at the property is so Iconic that trying to upgrade it could back fire and leave the property unrecognizable to those of us that have enjoyed it as it was for all these years. Well, take it from me a harsh critic of change, "they got it right" the property has a freshness about it now, that was missing the new staff has blinded in perfectly with the ones that have been there for years, like a smooth mojito it just seemed to have worked out. Give the property a try, and if you can book yourself into a pool side cabana...well worth the extra cost! Oh FDR has replaced the old Florida room, Awesome place to see high profile people enjoying themselves!

Room Tip: try to avoid the city view, ask for a ocean / pool view and if you can spend the extra for a pool si...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank lscott5191
Beverly, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

I have been in the hotel lobby and bar in years past, but never stayed here until this visit. I knew what to exspect, as far as the price of everything including drinks, and food. I have to say that it was very delightful, and all the help couldn't have been any nicer to my wife and I. The gym was nice and clean and had all the latest machines. We where upgraded to a larger room which was totaly unexpected, and was much larger and clean with a fantasic large overhead shower.... Maid service was fantasic and came each morning around 10:00...like clock work !...It is expensive but worth the money if you are looking for all the glamour. There is no better pool area in South Beach , and I have stayed at them all.....Sal

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank sal911
Lee G, Public Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2012
Sal,

Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad to hear that you finally had the chance to stay with us. I will certainly pass along your kind words to all of the team members mentioned. Delano prides itself on service first, and it's great to see that you were able to experience first hand what our incredible staff has to offer.

Many Thanks,

Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

I am a frequent return guest at Delano, South Beach ever since seeing the raving reviews on the Travel Channel 3 years ago. I used to travel to the Caribbean regularly each year, but now that I have found my sanctuary at Delano, this is the place for me. I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in Miami. The hotel is absolutely breathtakingly fabulous, from the extraordinary front lobby, with its towering flowing white draperies, and fine decor. (and also multiple various types of social areas and eateries including Umi Sushi to the Rose Bar and of course, the infamous FDR and the Delano Beach Club. ) The new Bianca restraunt, which boasts a lovely menu of fine authentic Italian cuisine is amazing. One must try the Trufflle Tagliatelle, the Salmon Carpaccio, the Petite Filet Mignon, the Heirloom tomatoe salad with goat cheese, and the Burrata with prosciutto
The Delano's accommodations are luxurious, chic and gloriously comfortable with pure white decor accented with Carrera marble and beveled glass. A feeling of decadent, opulent and profoundly appealing aura's exist in every area of this iconic landmark. Consistently, the staff demonstrates the utmost in world class customer care and In maintainance of this exceptional property. They deliver individualized customer service that is most certainly second to none ! The hotel is situated perfectly on South Beach , contains an enormous beautiful infinity pool, and is within easy walking distances to Lincoln road and multiple varieties shops and restraunts. But honestly, you really don't even need to leave the property. It is an entirely self-contained haven of delicious experiences, whether you wish to relax, or socialize and have some real fun. Most importantly, the staff is what makes this place tick.....Lee Greenspan (Guest Experience Manager) and Steven Hiblum (General Manager) along with Nicolas Black are the profoundly talented energies behind this very well managed property. Professional, thorough and yet friendly and interesting, they are amazingly knowledgable in 'all things Delano' and in any South Beach visitors' possible information/needs. The outstanding customer service that these distinguished guys consistently deliver, continues to amaze this well travelled gal. They remember details and preferences that make the guest feel like they are royalty. All this while being naturally personable and fun when appropriate. Other worthy notable staff members are Carlos, Stacy, Jose and Sam up front- efficient , helpful , with good forethought regarding anticipating guests needs. Soledad, Diego and Lorena at poolside and security have an impressive work ethic, and are fun to be around. Alvina in housekeeping goes the extra mile for her guests. Lastly, the fabulous Agua Spa at the penthouse level: Laura, Steven and Aida are the most amazingly talented people I have had the pleasure of working with, in an Impressively upscale spa setting, THE BEST EVER - Wonderful customized care. Come to Delano- learn what I have come to know and love. You will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Dja D
Well DJA...

What can I say? It is always a pleasure having you with us and it is always a treat when the team here gets such positive and detailed recognition. During the busiest times at Delano, we will often overlook the actual impact that we have on our guests every day. Thank you for putting into perspective just how important great service and a smile truly is. Feedback such as yours as well as your positive, friendly attitude make us proud to maintain a world class hotel. In addition to your observations, I must say that I couldn't be more pleased and proud to work with this wonderful group of people.. Truly something every traveler deserves to experience.

Many Thanks... See you soon!

Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

The minute you walk into the hotel, you feel you have entered somewhere special. A friend resembled it to stepping into an Alice in Wonderland movie set. Beautiful dark wood flooring, with huge white pillars lining the hotel's corrior from the entrance to the Garden, with oversized mirrors, funky chairs, a bar, and a Japanese restaurant, and a billiard table along the way.

The main restaurant overlooks the garden and pool area, and had consistenly good Italian themed food, serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The service howvever was somewhat patchy and awkward, especially at dinner. The entire staff need to be re-trained and stiffened up. A word of praise here is due for Monica from Napoli for her excellent service and courtesy during breakfast.

The highlight is the Pool bar, that is buzzing around the clock, chill out music, and serviced by a very friendly and professional staff. Special Thanks to Bernie for his tips on Gin, and Jeremy for lending us his insecticide before we set off to the Everlglades.

We visited The FDR club twice. The first time on a Saturday was great. Good music, packed with beautiful people, and very friendly staff. Monday night was supposed to be THE time to visit with a Live DJ, and it was awful, owing in large part to the thumping Hip Hop that burst our ears and deadened our senses. Pffffff..

We did have a problem upon checking in. We had booked a beach view room, and upon check in we were told that our room was reserved and will only be available 2 days later. We were downgraded to a city view room and were credited for $150. A bit unprofessional as I have never had that experience anywhere else.

Lastly if you need any help at all with bookings in Miami Beach, you need only check with Willie, who is at the Conceirge desk. He is extremely helpful and knowledgable, always with a ready smile on his face. Avoid the other guy (!).

Overall, if you are going to Miami Beach for a bot of pazzazz and fun, I would definitely recommend Delano.

Room Tip: Pay extra and get a beach view room
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CanadianThunders
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

i stayed here with a few friends for a girls weekend. I would never come back! room is small and dirty. everything is white, but they don't clean very well so it just looks dirty. there was hair all over our floor, the bathroom is tiny and don't get me started on the pool. it's a tiny little pool and unless you go down at 6am you won't get a chair. I've stayed at the lowe's, fontain blue and mandarin oriental and would never come back here. the only upside to this hotel is the location.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends