14,952 results
All reviews sorrento tower tresor tower lapis spa bleau bar liv nightclub pool area amazing service beautiful hotel junior suite lobby bar ocean view beach service people watching pool staff valet parking beach chairs scarpetta
Reviewed March 5, 2012

First time staying here and would love to go back. Wish we had a few more days. Was definitely not cheap. I was really impressed with the Chateau's $1Billion renovation, but still keeping the old school Miami decadence.

Loved: BleauBar, Hakkussan, Lapis Spa, Liv (and I dont like clubs), pools, the fruit water (near the pool they had Orange, Pineapple and Watermelon), fish tacos near the pool

Didn't Love: Price of room service ($20 for 1 coffee), not letting you know the service charge is included in EVERY bill, Coffee Shop ran out of water

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2012

What a great review! We really appreciate your flattering comments and are happy to hear that you enjoyed Fontainebleau. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed March 5, 2012

My husband and I had an excellent stay at the Fountainebleau. The entire staff from valets, front desk, housekeeping, bellhops, and wait staff were all exceptional. My husband and I stay at hotels across the country throughout the year and the Fountainebleau tops them all...hands down.

Our check-in process was flawless, our room was gorgeous with a fantastic view. Every meal we ate (Vida, Hakkasan, La Cote, and Gotham Steak) had excellent service and delicious food. Every single staff person I came in contact with were professional and seemed pleased to assist us with anything we needed. I would highly recommend staying here and cannot wait to come back one day.

Room tip: Request a high floor, cornersuite. These come with a balcony that wraps around.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gina S

Your feedback has made our day! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with everyone. We appreciate your kind words regarding our staffs professionalism and service level. We await your next visit to Miami, hopefully very soon!

Reviewed March 5, 2012

This was my first visit to Miami. The Fontainebleau exceeded all of my expectations. The staff was all professional, courteous and helpful. The location is perfect. The facilities are great. The restaurants are fantastic. You cannot go wrong at the Fontainebleau. Enjoy!

Room tip: I was not in my room much. It is Miami after all. I did not have a beach view room, but faces the canal with yahts moored accros the street and watched the rowing crew boaters.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

I am excited to learn that your first Miami experience was with us! We appreciate your wonderful compliments and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 5, 2012

We were very excited for our arrival to the Fountainbleau. We paid a good price to be in a room we thought would love with a great view and a balcony to relax, only to find a small space with no balcony. The view was beautiful, however looking through a glass window just didn't cut it. Then we also found that once we went out to the pool we had to pay to sit in the most beautiful part of the pool. I believe again for what we paid, this area should have certainly been inclusive. We finally made our way to the beach since our disappointment and discovery of the hospitality, so to speak, of the pool arrangements. Again to find out we were really ONLY offered a chair and towel and having to pay extra for anything else, such as an umbrella, to keep the sun out of our faces. My husband, due to health reasons, had to have the umbrella. Luckily, this is when we met Scott Mooney, excellent employee who FINALLY made us feel special, how we should be treated at such an extravagant resort. He attended to our needs and understood our disappointments as best as he could. He listened to us and showed some true interest! And his warm hospitality was greatly appreciated.
If it weren't for Scott, we probably wouldn't go back.
If it wasn't for Scott, the trip and expenses we made would have been wasted. We will probably not be back if Scott is not our travel advisor.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank linda f

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We take customer service very seriously, and appreciate your feedback in order to improve our service level in the future. I am happy to hear that Scott was there to take such good care of you. He has been recognized by Fontainebleau Management. Our goal is to deliver an outstanding service level, and I will certainly review your comments with our Team Members. We value you as a guest and look forward to the opportunity to exceed your expectations during a future stay

Reviewed March 5, 2012

I checked in to the Fontainebleau 2/28 and stayed through 3/2. I called the hotel at noon to let them know that I was in the area and if I could checkin early or stow my bags in the lobby and just use the pool. I was told just come down and we will speak to you when you get here. I arrived a 1/2 hour later and proceeded to checkin. I was expecting to wait on line for an hour as so many other reviewers have indicated, but it must have been my lucky day because checkin only took 5 minutes. I was greeted by Michelle who checked me in and I asked her if I can have a room with 2 queen beds because my reservation indicated 1 king. She advised me that the queen room did not have the greatest view but I explained to her I was not here for the view out my window. I was given keys immediately to room 617 in the Chateau building. The standard rooms are quite small but beautifully decorated. I must be deaf, because I could not hear the nightlcub at all like other reviewers complained about. To get a chair by the pool, you seriously have to get there at 9am or you will be out of luck. If you go to the beach, there are plenty of comfortable lounge chairs for you to use. The hotel also offers free flavored water poolside. Bring a travel mug with you so you don't have to keep going up to refill a tiny plastic cup. Giancarlo was so great to show my friend and I the 7th floor pool at the Tresor building. If it wasn't for him, we would have never known. It is the spot to go to when the sun is hidden by the building. You can get sun up there until about 6pm. Hotel security is very strict. My friend, who happens to be a police officer, was stopped by the concierge our first night there and was accused of stealing my room key because her name was not the name that was on the key. So when you stay here, make sure everyone has ID on them and make sure that you can be contacted to confirm that your key is not stolen and that they have the valid right to have possession of it or you will have security in your room at 5:30am to confirm identity as I did! Other than this one incident, I enjoyed my stay. I cannot say the same for my friend.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for being our guest! I am happy to learn that our staff was able to accommodate all of your requests upon arrival. I am also thrilled to hear that Giancarlo went above and beyond for you and your friends. He will certainly be recognized. I hope you have the opportunity to visit again soon!