“Outstanding!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #40 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

I recently stayed at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel and I was very impressed with not only the staff but the accomodations. I had a great time and the room, the restaurants and the staff were fantastic. They anticipated my needs and were very gracious. Both my husband and I enjoyed our stay and would recomend this location to others.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
This is wonderful! Thank you for your lovely compliments regarding our staff and hotel accommodations. I am pleased to learn that you both enjoyed your stay at Fontainebleau. We are looking forward to your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,347)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

We needed a great place to celebrate a 30th Birthday and girls weekend, we decided to stay at the Fontainebleau with hopes everything would turn out as expected. My friends and I rented a Premium Cabana for the day and our hostess Lellani along with pool staff Henry and Miguel were very attentive and gave exceptional service.They worked hard to ensure our drinks, food arrived in timely manner, that fresh towels were constantly being placed and that all items promised with the cabana were given at the time of arrival. The pool area is gorgeous, there are many options whether you want to sun bathe, shade relaxation time, an area for kids or the bar area on the opposite side of the main pool for the party goers with music/dj. The food at the pool is reasonable and tastes great. There is lots to do for all ages and you will never ever want to leave. I can't wait to return, we all had a very relaxing, fun day. We were highly impressed, our rooms were fabulous with oceanfront balcony view ,wifi included on apple computers, the beds were very comfortable. It was a dreamy weekend for all of the girls. We are definitely doing it again. If you can get a bunch of your best friends together to split the costs of the weekend this is where you will want to be.

Room Tip: balcony, oceanfront view is a must. We has double queen beds and it was perfect for 4 girls to a roo...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Glo J
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
I am excited to hear about your AMAZING experience with us! Thank you for your gracious compliments regarding Lapis Spa, Hakkasan, La Cote, and Bleau Bar. I will be sure to acknowledge the team members that you have mentioned. We anticipate your next visit, hopefully very soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

The amenities and restaurants are great. The pool and spa are very nice. Our meal at Scarpetta was excellent. I though La Cote was great and the bartenders were very friendly.

However the service is nothing special. I have had far better experiences at similar priced hotels. There was no turn down service and the front desk at the hotel and spa came across as rude whenever we requested something. There is no question the hotel is very nice. However it doesn't have that extra factor that makes it special. For the price I have stayed at far superior hotels. You are a number at the Fontainebleau, not a guest.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I appreciate your lovely compliments regarding our restaurants and amenities on property. At Fontainebleau, we work hard to ensure all of our guests are comfortable and expectations are exceeded. Your review will be shared with our team members. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Westfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

I just spent a girls weekend at Fountainebleau and this was a truly special experience. Outdoor early evening drinks poolside at La Cote was a great way to start our trip. The large bunches of fresh mint along the bar called for a round of mojitos which were amazing.

We loved to people watch at the many pools while still finding a quiet spot to relax. The beach was beautiful. Although we knew the hotel was beachfront, we did not expect to have a boardwalk that connects right to the hotel taking you for a several mile stretch along the beach to walk or run. This was one or our favorite parts of each day.

On Saturday night we decided to try Hakkasan - and bottom line - the this is a MUST DO dinner while in south beach with the hakka cocktail and the chilean sea bass entree out of this world. One of my best meals ever. The decor is amazing, it doesn't feel like you're in a hotel restaurant. The service was impeccable. Lauren particularly took the time to check on us during each course to ensure everything was flawless and to our liking. This extra attention on a night where every table was full made us feel very VIP.

We followed dinner with some drinks at Bleau Bar. We loved the vibe here. The dj was playing fun music and we met lots of friendly people at the bar. We followed it up with a stop at Liv and the energy was great.

On our last day, we hit the spa. This is the largest spa facility I've ever seen, larger than destination spas. I had a one hour massage and an oxygen facial. Kristina was really knowledgeable and entertained my 100 questions about how the oxygen machine works, what the benefits are and what I can do to maintain my skin when I return home. I left an hour in between appointments and really recommend this to take your time to enjoy the hot tubs, pools, raining massage room, the quiet room and to munch on lots of fresh fruit and snacks provided for the taking. Generous amenities were available for showering and getting ready. The details here make the difference, even the lockers had drawers inside and compartments - details like this that I haven't seen at some of the other top spas.

On my way out I bought the cutest gifts to take home from the logo shop - bags of chocolate covered marshmallows that tasted like they were just dipped that day, and a colorful cone of gumballs that the kids love.

Can't wait to go back - we're hoping to go back in a few months.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Sandra a
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

First time staying here and would love to go back. Wish we had a few more days. Was definitely not cheap. I was really impressed with the Chateau's $1Billion renovation, but still keeping the old school Miami decadence.

Loved: BleauBar, Hakkussan, Lapis Spa, Liv (and I dont like clubs), pools, the fruit water (near the pool they had Orange, Pineapple and Watermelon), fish tacos near the pool

Didn't Love: Price of room service ($20 for 1 coffee), not letting you know the service charge is included in EVERY bill, Coffee Shop ran out of water

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
What a great review! We really appreciate your flattering comments and are happy to hear that you enjoyed Fontainebleau. We hope to see you again very soon!
Fair Play, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

My husband and I had an excellent stay at the Fountainebleau. The entire staff from valets, front desk, housekeeping, bellhops, and wait staff were all exceptional. My husband and I stay at hotels across the country throughout the year and the Fountainebleau tops them all...hands down.

Our check-in process was flawless, our room was gorgeous with a fantastic view. Every meal we ate (Vida, Hakkasan, La Cote, and Gotham Steak) had excellent service and delicious food. Every single staff person I came in contact with were professional and seemed pleased to assist us with anything we needed. I would highly recommend staying here and cannot wait to come back one day.

Room Tip: Request a high floor, cornersuite. These come with a balcony that wraps around.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gina S
Your feedback has made our day! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with everyone. We appreciate your kind words regarding our staffs professionalism and service level. We await your next visit to Miami, hopefully very soon!
Santa Rosa, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

This was my first visit to Miami. The Fontainebleau exceeded all of my expectations. The staff was all professional, courteous and helpful. The location is perfect. The facilities are great. The restaurants are fantastic. You cannot go wrong at the Fontainebleau. Enjoy!

Room Tip: I was not in my room much. It is Miami after all. I did not have a beach view room, but faces the...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am excited to learn that your first Miami experience was with us! We appreciate your wonderful compliments and hope to see you again soon!