New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #136 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Simply Priceless Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

If you want a hotel with an awesome staff of Yelannis and Robert,delicious meals prepared by Gustavo who was also very knowledgeable about All of Miami, gorgeous pool with beautiful gardens and direct access to beach,superb location of one block from Lincoln Road Then The Richmond Hotel is for you! Ignore Any of the hotels'negative reviews! I love this Hotel and it is the best bang for your buck! A big shout out for Marcello(recommended by Hotel) for getting to airport on time.Look forward to coming back soon! Evelyn DuVal

Room Tip: Third floor was quiet
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RichmondManager, General Manager at Richmond Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Thank you very much! Come back soon and please tell your friends!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bridgeport, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Just came back from a 5 day 4 night stay at the Richmond and it has its prosand a few cons. The location is right smack in the middle of everything you need to enjoy Miami and the beach is literally at the back of the hotel, check in was a breeze and the service at the hotel is amazing everyone is so friendly and accommodating definitely makes you feel welcomed. Our room was on the 3rd floor we didn't have a view but didn't care who spends there time in the hotel in Miami, the room is a bit small and our bed was very firm my back ached every morning but some people like a firm bed to each his own. The pool area is amazing the pictures don't do it justice and pool is heated i took a dip late 1 night and the temperature was perfect even with the late night breeze coming from the ocean don't forget the hot tub with jets that are like a built in massage I loved it. There is a bar by the pool with great food and fast service very friendly staff there as well to bring you anything you need and they keep the pool area clean and stocked with towels. The only problem we had when we were there was the TV didn't work at first, but the maintenance guy came up the 3rd day and in literally 2 seconds he fixed it by simply adjusting a chord and our keys deactivated on the third day we had to go to front desk to get new keys to our room. Also the bathroom is not huge its a basic size toilet, mirror, vanity mirror, and a shower there is very little space for your personal items i used the desk in the room to put all my make ups and such, the shower had very little water pressure which i wish was better but it got the job done.Overall I would recommend the Richmond to anyone going to South Beach this hotel has everything you need to enjoy Miami to the fullest especially if you want sun, beach and a hassle free experience.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

We were in town for WMC and wanted a second room at a hotel not mixed up in all the music madness. This hotel was perfect. It's not a luxury hotel, but it is clean, spacious and the service was solid. The room itself had all that we needed and it was a very relaxing place for us to go to get away from the parties and noise. The windows didn't seem to be double paned, so you could hear music nearby. It shouldn't matter as much during normal times in the area. Surrounding hotels had daily pool parties, but I don't think that's normally the case. The outdoor pool area is beautiful and it lets you right out to the beach. I would definitely stay there again and will recommend it to family/friends looking for a quiter, smaller oasis in the South Beach madness.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
San Juan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

I stayed in Miami for four days on business recently and was moved here from another hotel (long story, error made by Hotels.com staff) so I didn't really know much about the hotel except from a quick look at trip advisor prior to giving Hotels.com the ok.

Upon arrival I thought it was great compared to the hotel I came from (location CANNOT BE BEAT!).I read reviews here stating the walls are paper thin and I think that's true, but I was in a section of the hall where I didn't really hear anyone so that was cool! I did hear toilets flush in other rooms sometimes, though....they are like jet engines! lol

the bedding and sheets were clean (I am freaked about bedbugs in hotels but after my research found nothing and after four days I was left unscathed, so that's good too!)

The best part about the hotel is the pool area, which is saline! I swam every day and relaxed after my conferences in the huge saline jacuzzi. It's walking distance to the beach, too and the beautiful beautiful boardwalk. I went on long walks every evening, too. LOVED IT! If you like to get out of your hotel room and explore around you, this is the PERFECT hotel.

ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT:
not sure if management checks these, but if they do I have ONE thing that needs to be changed: the hallways are VERY dark and kind of scary. The lighting is just really dim and as a woman traveling alone I was very uneasy about it.

That said, I need to tell you the CLEANING STAFF IS HONEST. I made a bonehead move and left my wallet in my room with cash, etc in it and when I returned the bed was made and everything in my wallet was still there. WHEW!!!!

I might stay there again if I return, at least you know what you can expect!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FlavorsOfSanJuan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

We couldn't stay 1 night here. Originally we thought the rooms were older but liked the location but 2 major incidents made it unbearable.
1. Our room had no warm water - it was either really hot or really cold
2. We found a Cochroache 3 inches long on the wall! Upon freakig out we packed up our stuff to move into a different room and found a smaller Cochroache in our belongings
Since it was 3am we tried staying in another room but ended up findin another Cochroache in the bed! So we ended up driving back to our Fort Lauderdale to stay at our old hotel at 4am.
The only positive thing is the hotel clerk was nice enough the next day to refund both nights to us. Really scared to stay in Miami now.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Winks820
RichmondManager, General Manager at Richmond Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
We are very distressed by this review. While this issue is not uncommon in a tropical setting like Miami, we pride ourselves in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness at this property. What is described sounds like a palmetto which are found in warm, beach areas surrounded by palm trees, etc. and not a roach which may be connected with a lack of cleanliness. Unfortunately, insects like this are not just found in oceanfront locales, but may even get into your bags when they are unloaded at the airport or in other forms of transportation. This is a very untypical situation for our Hotel and we share your dissapointment with this issue. Please accept our sincere apologies: our Hotel and our destination are wonderful and we hope that you will have the opportunity to try them again in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

We ended up here because we booked through Expedia unpublished rates. Booked a 3.5 star hotel in South Beach and was given a reservation at Richmond Hotel.

Thinest walls I have ever experienced. Felt like we were sharing a room with strangers. Could hear clear conversations from the hall and through the walls. Asked to switch rooms but no luck.

Our stay:

TV - didn't work and wouldn't turn on.
Room - tiny, musty smell, outdated, uncomfortable.
Bathroom - rusty window blinds and low water pressure.
Service - average.
Pool and hot tub - average.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel.
Please do not reply to this review if you are a hotel employee.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not have an adjoining room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple