All reviewsrace trackdolphins gamemini golf coursebasketball courtflorida turnpikeenjoyed my staycontinental breakfastshuttle servicegreat place to stayyogurtcalder
Reviewed June 8, 2011

im from poland i came here many times.its really one of the best hotels in hurghada.nice rooms, services and peach.we meet one man and made all trips with him its really cheap.his company samegypt.wordpress.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I want to warn anyone who might book a stay at this hotel because of hotel's close proximity to Sun Life Stadium. I went with friends from Tampa to watch Rays vs Marlins baseball game and enjoy a couple of days in Miami area.
Upon returning to hotel after the 4:00 game, we noticed more activity in the hotel. The hotel has a "police work station" attached to the building. I thought this would keep the hotel patrons in order. Wrong. "Work Station" only active during day hours.
Pool was overrun with a raucous crowd filling area with screaming, yelling and fighting in pool. I was looking for a little peace and relaxation.
After dinner, we returned to hotel to a parking lot that resembled a concert lot or a "block party". There were so many people hanging in parking lot with very loud car stereos booming. This was quite a party!
Later that night, there was constant yelling in the hallway, doors slamming and more partying in the parking lot. This took place ALL NIGHT! Finally we decided to pack and head back to Tampa at 4:30 a.m. We get on elevator to go from our 6th floor to lobby but elevator stopped on 3rd floor. (remember this is 4:30 in the morning!) On third floor there were two teenagers smoking weed. They joined us in elevator to go to lobby where they joined the rest of the "party". Lobby was packed with people just hanging out. Very loud crowd of people were hanging in parking lot as well. Loud music, cars coming and going, people yelling to each other and drinking alcohol in parking lot.
Don't get me wrong, I love a nice party. There is a time and place for that to happen though. This was the worst experience I've ever had in a hotel. It was like a very bad dream or an extremely horrible movie!!! Please heed my warning!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank RaysJC
Management response:Responded May 28, 2011

Dear Guest,

We are very sorry you had a horrible stay. I am disappointed in the way our Staff and Managers allowed a night like this to happen.This was a "PROM PARTY NIGHT" that caught all by surprise and was out of control.Please accept our apology. We have taken action to avoid a situation like this again.

Reviewed April 25, 2011

A group of 15 people visited Miami for 3 days as this was offering good deals for big groups, we booked this hotel. The Hotel management is not that great and it took almost 1 hour to got us the rooms. The sleep was good but the room doors were very bad and it always took more than 10 minutes to open the door with the key as they always got stuck. The complementary breakfast did not have a big spread and there were only 2 tables for us to sit. It was also very far from the city but very near to the exit and casinos. Pref for big groups.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank karthiky
Management response:Responded April 26, 2011

We apologize for the delay at check in, as well as the poor management response .We will have a staff meeting to address the concerns you had during your stay.We appreciate your Group choosing our Hotel and we obviously need to do better.Thank you for your constructive comments.GM

Reviewed March 15, 2011

I stayed in March 2010 actually, and I had a great time. The staff was nice and courteous, room clean, window in room was clean. LOL. I didn't get a chance to eat at the Sports Bar, but several guests loved the food. I was always on the go!!. But next time, I will try the food. This year I will be back and this time I recommend this place to 15 friends whom all made their reservations.

• Stayed: April 2010
Management response:Responded March 16, 2011

Wow thank you so much for the outstanding review and more importantly that you did enjoy your stay . It gives us the warm fuzzies to know that we we do a good job satisfying many guests.Thanks again for the referrals.

Reviewed March 15, 2011

The entire stay was awful! I made my reservation online directly with the hotel. The room I paid for was NOT what they gave me! They switched my room 3 times before I just gave up and took the final room. Housekeeping took money off of the table which was left by accident but did NOT service the room! Claiming that since we left a pair of shorts on the bed they would not service the room. Its their policy not to move any items from the bed, which is fine, however; if you don't service the room why would you assume that the money left was a tip for you? No service no tip! The towels smelled very musky, everything was just a mess, I could go on and on....

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded March 16, 2011

The El Palacio Hotel always wants to hear from guests regardless if it is positive or negative.

In this case the Guest requested a King track room and was given a King Corner Track room which was a free upgrade,

So the Hotel thought it was making this guest’s stay better.

The maid did take the $1.45 off the night stand thinking it was a tip and did not service the room. When the Housekeeping Manager confirmed

This, that maid was discharged. First it is the policy of the Hotel for maids only to take tips that are clearly indicated as such.

Second, the policy of the Hotel is to always service the room as much as possible regardless of what is left on the bed.

The Hotel apologies for the inconvenience to this guest and has acted promptly to correct the problem.