All reviewsrace trackdolphins gamemini golf coursebasketball courtflorida turnpikeenjoyed my staycontinental breakfastshuttle servicegreat place to stayyogurtcalder
Reviewed August 23, 2011

My Girlfriend and I have stayed many times at The EL Palacio Hotel. During one of our last stays I met a very pleasant lady on the floor, I asked her for extra towels for the pool, she identified herself as the Housekeeping Manager and took some towels from another lady to give to me, she asked me if I was enjoying my stay and my girlfriend and I began talking with the Housekeeping manager ( I cannot remember her name ) she told us information about other types of upgraded rooms in the Hotel and she even took time out to show us the different rooms, we were both impressed and based on this special VIP TOUR by one of the Property Managers,We both decided to stay in a Pool Jaccuzzi Room for our next stay.
We did last week-end and we were not disappointed with the room, large soft bed with fresh clean linen,romantic in-room jaccuzzi, a beautiful tiled bathroom, a private pool side patio where we sat in the evening to drink wine. The biggest Surprise was the TOWEL FOLDED SWANS.....ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC ! like on a criuseship,also someone took the time to fold the toilet paper in a really neat style, my girlfriend was so impressed, we will always pay the little extra and stay in the jaccuzzi style room for any of our future stays.

Room Tip: pay the extra for the upgrades it's worth it
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2011

The food and drinks at the legends grill are really good. Chris the Bartender makes a smooth American Honey and Coca Cola. The sampler platter has wings, potato skins, and mozzerella sticks. We had the fries,skins and sticks platter. Chris has a vast knowledge of all things foody and potant potables (Drinks). It was nice to be able to have dinner before the football game then attend the game and come back for more drinks and food before retiring for the evening.
When you look around the grille you will find all sorts of sports memorablia on the walls. It covers everything for every sports lover. There is boxing, golf, hockey, horse racing, auto racing, baseball, basketball and football. It is a great place to prep or unwind following a game at Sun Life Stadium.

Room Tip: Book your room with the AAA membership cards and get a discount
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I visited Miami for one night to see a baseball game and stayed in the El Palacio for the visit and it was a pretty disappointing experience.

The restaurant was closed during the summer months because it was apparently "off season" meaning that since the football wasn't on, the restaurant would be closed.

Also for a sports hotel I thought there may have been a courtesy bus to the stadium about 1.5 miles away, but I was sadly mistaken.

You also have to pay a "resort" fee when you check in and a fee due to the fact that there is a safe in your room.

If i had to stay in the area again, I'd find somewhere better to stay than here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed August 11, 2011

My husband and I went here in March 2011 and stayed two nights. The staff was friendly. The restaurant was good! I must say I enjoyed my stay and was pleased that most of it looked just like the website. the pool area was really nice. The minigolf needed to be cleaned. I will stay again!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Went to see U2 at SunLife. hotel is pretty much next door. Very helpful and fast at front desk.
Stayed 2 nites, wished the sports bar was open both nites instead of just concert nite. Overall a good place for the price.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple