“Low Expectations, Lower Results” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Stadium Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Miami Gardens
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Low Expectations, Lower Results”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

As someone who travels throughout North America 5-10 times a year over the last 10 years I felt obligated to post a review on this place. Having stayed in over 100 hotels in my life I can say in all honesty this is the worst hotel when it comes to service and right up there as worst for property as well. The lone positive point for this hotel is that it’s relatively safe but that is by default as it’s located in an industrial area with minimal foot traffic nearby.

Now onto the laundry list of drawbacks. First and foremost the low quality staff. The front desk couldn’t manage the simplest of questions. I asked for change for a $10 bill and the guy looked at me, took a step back and asked a manager. When I stopped a room cleaner in the hall and asked for a clean towel she spoke to a co-worker and actually told a co-worker to “shut up” right in front of me. I called the front desk and requested two towels; the front desk lady said to give it 5 minutes and they just never came. I asked for directions to the closest restaurant and shopping mall and the guy just said “I don’t know”. He clearly is not familiar with the very basic, free online service called Google Maps. Speaking of online this place advertises free Wi-Fi. Putting a home router with a maximum capacity of 1500 sq ft does not constitute Wi-Fi for a 9 storey hotel. When I asked the front desk attendant about the bandwidth issues she simply lowered her head and did not acknowledge me.

The amenities at the El Palacio were all poor. The pool was full of dirt, insects and debris. The pool chairs had plenty of stains and cigarette burns. On top of that the pool stunk. The free continental breakfast consisted of bread and an empty coffee urn. If your hotel is sold out for the weekend you would think it would be wise to stock up your vending machines. There was a vending machine with nothing but a Big Turk chocolate bar. The bar/restaurant upstairs had friendly service but not very sharp. I asked for vinegar with my fries and was informed they were out. I’m not a culinary specialist but I thought vinegar was a standard kitchen staple. The décor is very bad as well. There are posters all over the main floor advertising their restaurant as well as their wedding package. Out of curiosity I checked out their wedding court yard (for only $150!!) and couldn’t imagine what couple would want to celebrate the commitment of marriage at a rusted arch with dried grass around it.

This hotel was unhelpful, unclean, unfriendly and unwelcoming. I will never ever stay at the El Palacio again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank R J
William21485, General Manager at Stadium Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
We are sorry we did not meet your expectations.We feel we can always improve and will use your constructive comments to do so.Our staff works very hard and we pride ourselves to provide good customer service and a clean Hotel environment. GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Brandon, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

With the good rate we got, we were not expecting much, but were pleasantly surprised at how nice it actually was. Most of the staff was great. Weekend maid service left a lot to be desired. Overall would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for room on the Calder Race Track side.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your positive review. We try to provide a clean, friendly Hotel and offer it at a value to our Guests.Thank you.We hope to see you again.GM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

We ate at the restaurant in the hotel and the staff that was working was amazing. our server Charles was really nice and on point with everything. The manager Chris Stachowski was on top of everything and it didn't matter how busy he was, we always saw him stop and help out anyone that needed something. Its great to see a manager that cares and a staff that can work together. I would definitely go back and eat if this team is working.

• Stayed April 2012
Portland, Maine, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Although we weren't staying at this hotel, the rooftop restaurant has a hidden gem. Chef Chris Stachowski. The food he created was even better than the view. He went out of his way to create some of the best food we had eaten during our two week vacation in South Florida. The fish was outstanding as well as the other menu items. He should have his own stand alone restaurant. His attentiveness to quality and service along with his friendly personality was very nice.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Maitland, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

This March 2012 was my 4th year at the El Palacio. The location is great. Close to discount stores, Sun Life Stadium and the Race -Casino. Beautiful rooms, comfortable beds, and average continental breakfast. Courteous personnel and very helpful. I am already making plans to stay there again this year and next year.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank WDR_12
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

There is only one person at check in. The double rooms are full size beds, the pillows are thin. Don't count on the free breakfast, there is only two tables that seat two people when they have a larger eating area on the 9 th floor. The restaurant is expensive has only a few selections that are 9.99 and up!!! I would not even recommend this place to my worst enemy!!

• Stayed March 2012

Travellers are raving about these Miami Gardens hotels

Rockledge, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

I have stayed at El Palacio for the past 6 years when I go down to attend the annual "Jazz In The Gardens" Concert. I have also suggested friends and associates stay there as I always find the environment safe: the hotel staff - professional, courteous, and knowledgable; and the rooms are clean and comfortable.

I truly appreciate their efforts to make a stay away from home - pleasurable.

C. Price

10.3 km away
Wingate by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Miramar
8.2 km away
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aventura
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aven...
#2 of 5 in Hallandale Beach
Ramada Hollywood Downtown
Ramada Hollywood Downtown
#29 of 66 in Hollywood
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,019 reviews

Been to Stadium Hotel? Share your experiences!