“good soul food”
Review of Esther's 27th Ave

Esther's 27th Ave
Reviewed February 24, 2016

Whether you are looking for fast food or good soul food, you can't go wrong with Esther's. What it lacks in ambiance it makes up for in tastiness. Esther's is a great choice in a neighborhood with not much to offer. Try the BBQ wings and collard greens, and don't forget the cornbread.

1  Thank Cindy O

Reviewed March 17, 2015

Many years ago it was one of the best ""soul food"" places here in Miami,, These days they are nothing more than the "GLORY foods can goods" it has no flavor no soul.. Its ok if you dont know better.

1  Thank arrette
Reviewed December 31, 2014 via mobile

This is our third Cirque du Soleil event in Miami this is the first time we have been able to eat beforehand and the meal was amazing fried catfish with red beans and rice grilled snapper with pigeon peas and rice. Everything was amazing the staff and the owners were super sweet we came New Year's Eve filled our bellies with some good home cooking Great way to start our New Year's eve!!

2  Thank Surfergirl080
Reviewed September 8, 2014

I always enjoy what ever,I order.Service is good.Love the tomatoes an rice,soul food all day.When ever popa dont cook ,I head to Esthers for that down home cooking.I have to grab a plate or two to take back up 95 to Georgia.Im laying in bed now wishing it was down the street from me.

3  Thank Smashing----95
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

I had been warned but I didn't listen. The food lacks soul in my opinion. The collard greens were not done, the macaroni and cheese didn't take me there, and the rib pieces were tough. The chicken was seasoned well and the green beans were good. It's not the greatest but it's edible. I'll probably never return but I wouldn't discourage others from doing so. It's simply not the soul food that I know so well.