“Great food, ok service..”

The KIng and I Thai Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 63 Restaurants in Miami Lakes
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

The place looks very inviting but the service was disappointing. The server was rushing back and forth without paying attention to diners. The restaurant was almost empty when I visited. I was given a menu and after a little wait I was asked "did you make up your mind yet?"

The food though was very good - curry massaman. Nice portion and well prepared.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

Had lunch - Tom yum goon and basil chicken. Both were very good, the shrimp in the Tom yum was cooked perfectly. Nice spice to the basil chicken, but low on the heat scale (ordered medium).

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank H2O_log
Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

As someone who grew up on Hart C's food, I was excited to go to lunch there when I came to Longview to visit family. We went to Hart C's and I ordered the curry green beans.

It was awful. They use frozen cut green beans that were rubbery and made the dish watery. The fried rice was wet- another first for me with Thai food. The satay chicken was rubbery as well and the peanut sauce was the color of mustard with hardly any flavor. I told the server that I found the food inedible (not her fault). She told me that was the way they always made the dish. Yikes! While it had been several years since I had eaten there, I had never had a truly bad meal here.

The only edible thing in the meal was the egg roll. I was charged the full price for a meal I could not eat. Bad meal,

poor customer service, 'nuf said.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed February 26, 2017 via mobile

I love the quick service which comes in handy when you have to be back at work in an hour. I recommend the Cashew Chicken and wonton soup.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed February 5, 2017

I ordered on line but when I got there turns out their online system was broken so I had to wait for my take out. Slowish service but solid food. Pad Thai and Tom Ka Ga were very tasty.

Date of visit: February 2017