“Best Burger in Miami”

Jr's Gourmet Burgers
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 23, 2018

I have to be honest----I was a little skeptical before coming in because I had heard so much hype about these burgers from all over but when I finally got there, sat down in this hole in the wall, and took my first bite I was blown away. Located in Miami Springs which is not at all close to where I live, I highly recommend driving there for your next burger craving!

My boyfriend and I came after being on South Beach for the day; unable to decide on a single burger we both ordered their "Big Three" $8.99 which allows you to sample their different creations in sliders form and comes with a side of fries. Since there are 7 options we ordered one of each except for the plain:
1. Tex Mex: chipotle mayo, pepper jack cheese, pico de Gallo, Texas toast
2. Acosta: black pepper aioli, Swiss cheese, French onion
3. The Valley: agave lime sauce, goat cheese, watercress
4. The Big Daddy: Jr.'s pink sauce, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle
5. BBQ Bacon Cheddar
6. Cuban B: sweet ham, Swiss cheese, mustard, pickle, garlic mayo

Really, really hard to pick a favorite as they truly all did amaze me...even the Cuban B which I assumed I wouldn't like. I will say the Acosta and the Valley did stand out to me but I can easily say they were all good. We also tried their ice-cream sandwich that was off menu but be sure to ask for it because it was DELICIOUS---not your typical ice cream sandwich the "bread" was like frozen sugar crusted angel cake stuffed with vanilla and smothered in chocolate syrup. Seriously perfect.

Can't wait to come back and get a full sized burger especially their blue cheese stuffed one or their award winner burger for burger bash. Best burger in Miami!!

IG: @KFitzEats

Reviewed April 11, 2018

Went here with a few friends on a Sunday afternoon. We grabbed an Uber from the airport during a 14 hour layover. Service was fast and friendly (always a good start). We each had the slider samplers and choose some different versions. Everyone seemed satisfied with their selections. Only drawback is that it is a little small and we actually walked past the entrance the first time because its not well marked.

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

What went well? They were busy with full tables when we arrived. The waitress asked a nice couple to change tables to a two-top so our fam of four could sit. Thumbs up! Burgers had good flavor. After an hour wait most would though. Fries were good. Waitress didn’t take our order for quite a while. She then didn’t remember our drink order and had to come ask again. She brought drinks after another 15 minutes. She brought two of the four and there was no carbonation. So we changed the orders and she brought them right over. My son ordered bacon on his grilled cheese and it came without. So much for fast eats. Meal took an hour and 15 minutes.

1  Thank Wendy0666
Reviewed January 25, 2018

I've been eating at JR's for a few years. The burgers were excellent at this place, but we would almost always have to wait an exaggerated amount of time to get our food. We had to cut down the amount of times we went to JR's, the burgers were worth it, but it became difficult to take such a long lunch break from work. But now I'm going to stop going completely. The food might be good, but twice now I have been treated poorly by the staff. I can tolerate a long wait if the food is good and I have the time, but the way they treated me is not indicative of an employee having an bad day, it's of poor customer service.

Reviewed December 19, 2017 via mobile

Saw good reviews of this place so decided to stop in and see.

The place is quite small but there were tables free when we arrived. Although the food can take some time to arrive be aware they do a lot of take out food, and the wait was well worth it.

I had the inside out burger which was a giant tall burger stuffed with bacon and cheese on the inside. It was still cooked medium as requested (which is hard to do with stuffed burgers!) and tasted great. Lovely juicy burger with a crumbly texture and did I mention it was massive!

My wife had the bacon cheese burger which was also big. Although the burger itself didn't taste of much (not enough seasoning?) with the toppings it still tasted good.

Fries were also good as well as the service in general.

Only minor issue was the Fanta tasted a bit of chlorine but this just might be the water in the area.

Would definitely come back and I'd highly recommend it to anyone in the area.