All reviewsantique shopspump housecross creekcarriage houseold floridaclaw foot tubentire mansionbreakfast was deliciousrose roomb and bfresh baked cookiesporch swingflorida townlittle touchesnext morningboth morningspaynes prairie
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Probably the most beautiful house i've ever seen, wonderfully decorated. Wood floors, antiques, paintings. Stayed in the Herlong suite, nice big room, comfortable bed, very clean. Room opens out onto the second floor balcony overlooking town, fantastic. Complementary wine and other beverages, lots of room to relax. Good breakfast in the morning, went walking, sightseeing, and antiquing through town. Places to eat, in town and just down the road. Met Carolyn, Chanity, and Jim, very nice folks. Can't wait to come back! S. Langford

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sandypoint63
KiKiManhattan, Owner at Herlong Mansion Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2010

I am so pleased to hear that we are your new favorite weekend getaway. I enjoyed meeting you two and hearing of all the other Inns you have stayed at. I look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed June 9, 2010

We stayed in the carriage house and it was great. had a nice comfy bed, big bathtub, and a small kitchen with a fridge. I think the best part was running a big bubble bath for both of us and sitting in it while watching a movie. Everyone was incredibly nice and the homemade breakfast was great. Definitely going back again!

Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ColleenD3
KiKiManhattan, Owner at Herlong Mansion Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2010

We are so pleased you enjoyed your Honeymoon in the Romantic Carriage House- It was a pleasure to meet you both and we look forward to seeing you again when you return to celebrate your First Anniversary.

Reviewed June 6, 2010

My husband and I needed a weekend getaway for some peace and quiet, we found it. In the charming town of Micanopy at the Herlong Mansion. The rooms were beautiful and the decor was period. The owners and employees were very kind and knowledgable of the area. Sitting on our private backporch during an evening rainstorm, my husband and I felt like we were the only ones for miles even though we were in the center of town. Be sure to take the half hour trip to Cross creek and visit The Yearling restaraunt for some true Florida cuisine and excellent live blues.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mruberg1
KiKiManhattan, Owner at Herlong Mansion Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2010

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay in the Azalea Suite and Nature's Entertainment (the Evening Thunderstorm) on her private screened Porch. We also agree with you that Dining at the Yearling restaurant in Cross Creek while listening to Willie playing the Blues is one of those rare experiences impossible to find almost anywhere else but here. We hope you come again.

Reviewed May 12, 2010

My mom had told me just recently that she wanted to visit Micanopy and stay in a B & B. Micanopy was having a "Doc Hollywood Parade" and Parkinson's Disease fundraising in honor of the movie, "Doc Hollywood," (starring Michael J Fox) that was filmed in Micanopy, FL about 20 years ago. It just so happened that it was Mother's Day weekend. I researched B & Bs online and decided to book a room at the Herlong Inn. The inn was beautiful and bed in the Jasmine was so comfortable. Breakfast was great and the service was superb. We talked with the owner for awhile and she was great. My mom was thrilled with our visit. We had a great time in this very small and an oh so friendly town. I highly recommend the Herlong. We checked out on Mother's Day morning and then we went to another small town in north FL so my mom could meet her week-old great-granddaughter.

• Stayed: May 2010
KiKiManhattan, Owner at Herlong Mansion Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2010

What an absolute delight to meet you and your 80 yr. old Mother on Mother's Day Weekend- I too wish my Father (92 yr) could have met her as well. Maybe next time- We are pleased to hear you found the Bed So Comfortable, the Breakfast Great and the Service Superb.

Reviewed May 11, 2010

Driving into down town takes one back to the mid 1950's or earlier. The down town streets are lined with historic brick shops backed with antiques. Near the edge of down town one finds the Herlong mansion.
This stately brick mansion which originated in 1845 has been carefully restored to its original southern charm. From the moment you drive down the oak canopied street to the elegant front entrance you feel the pressure of city life start to slip away. The interior of the hotel has been carefully decorated with antique furnishings throughout the rooms of the mansion. Master craftsmanship of the past is evident everywhere one looks. From the stately carved exterior pillars, to the wooded fireplace mantels the time, patience, and skill, and materials of times past is there to appreciate.
Breakfast is served every morning in the dining room from 8:30 to 9:30 AM. Adding to the delicious nature of these meals is the Desert Rose dish ware they are served on. I fell in love with a breakfast apple recipe that was quickly shared with me to my delight.
We had a second floor room that lead to the veranda. The view over the front lawn was breath taking with the old moss covered oak trees gently blowing in the breeze. Complimentary wine is served each afternoon with fresh baked cookies. If wine is not your taste, refreshing lemonade was also readily available to guests. The veranda is private for the two rooms that front the veranda from 10PM until 8AM. This was the only drawback that we experience being that some guest choose to ignore the sign and take in the view. One has to admit, who can blame them.
Most visitors want to shop the numerous local antique stores in an attempt to snatch up a gem from the past to take home with them. Shops specialize in citrus labels, china and dish ware, to antique tools.
We were fortunate enough to be there during the local Michael J. Fox fundraiser weekend. One of the event highlights was the Squash Parade. This was like stepping back in time, allowing one to appreciate the simpler beautiful things in life.
So if you are looking to escape the hustle and bustle of city life there is no better place than the Herlong Mansion.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
KiKiManhattan, Owner at Herlong Mansion Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2010

It was our pleasure to share our Chefs delicious Apple Breakfast recipe you so loved. We hope you come back soon to enjoy another step back into Historic Southern Elegance.