“What a nice surprise!”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Milton
Magnolia, Texas
“What a nice surprise!”
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Went through the Panhandle during some bad local wildfires (smoke on the highway, streets, everywhere) and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. We almost didn't stop, due to the smoke, but I'm glad we did! A super clean, very nice property with excellent staff, great rooms, and a superb free breakfast.
Once again, we needed a room to handle 3 adults and 2 kids and this was the nicest out of the three we stayed in during this trip.
Large rooms, comfy beds/bedding, big bathroom and a nice lobby as well.
Breakfast (included) was a nice hot/cold mix, with eggs, biscuits, gravy, and even a pancake making machine! (he kids and I had never seen one...it was pretty cool)
Didn't check out the surrounding area much due to the smoke, but otherwise really enjoyed the stay...

Room Tip: Free WiFi works everywhere!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
JGuillory, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milton, responded to this review, 2 July 2011
Thank you for the feedback. I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and welcome you to come back again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Despite what other reviews may say, this is not a terribly overpriced smelly roach motel. This hotel was clean and wonderful from the time we arrived in the parking lot on day one to the time we pulled out of the parking lot on day five. My fiance and I walked into the hotel to meet Sundae, who might I say does a fantastic job, who checked us in with a smile.

Once we checked into the room things just got better, when we checked into our room we found that we had been upgraded to a king sofa suite. There was plenty of room a great couch to sit on, the bed was extremely comfortable and the room as clean as a pin. The furniture was all up to date and the large flat screen t.v. was one like I have yet to see in any other hotel.

Overall my experience at this hotel was great, housekeeping took great care of our room, breakfast well taken care of, the hotel as a whole is a great buy. If you are stopping in the thriving metropolis of Milton, make this Holiday Inn Express your place to stay.

1 Thank braves360
JGuillory, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milton, responded to this review, 28 June 2011
WOW! That's what I call a happy guest. Thank you very much for your kind comments and we will be sure to share them with the staff. We understand that sometimes a guest may have an issue during their stay but we always try our best to make sure that our guests are happy. Please come back and visit us again in the future. Joe Guillory, General Manager
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We had the unfortunate experience of staying in this hotel -- it is a $50 a night hotel masquerading as a $100+ a night hotel. We checked in at 8pm -- late since we have 2 small children and had loaded all of our gear into our room and the kids jumped in the bath before we started noticing how gross the room was. The room smelled very musky (that actually seemed to get stronger with time), the refrigerator was missing the temperature control knob and was not very cold, the bathroom smelled like a dirty dish rag (like bacteria growth) and we saw a roach scurry under the microwave. When my husband told the desk clerk the next morning -- her not so friendly reply was -- you should have told us last night so we could move you. Yes, we probably should have just switched rooms (grabbing our naked kids from the bath and running) -- but I think the response could have been a bit better -- and quite frankly I want the staff to check the room before I check in -- I shouldn't have to be the person that notices the room smells terrible and should not be rented. We had always thought that Holiday Inn Express hotels had better standards.

2 Thank booglesC
JGuillory, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milton, responded to this review, 14 June 2011
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. Please know that I find this terribly disturbing and will be personally handling it immediately. I would like for you to please contact me so that I can get some more details from you. We have a monthly extermination program in place with a reputable pest control company, so if there truly was a roach in the room I need to bring that up with them at once. I want to sincerely apologize for the discomfort of your stay and the service you received. Customer Service is very important to me and as much as it pains me to read your comments, they are very good building blocks for areas of improvement that we will be addressing as a team. We would love to welcome you back again in the future. Thank you again, Joe Guillory, General Manager
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 12 June 2011

After 3 days, we ended up moving hotels to something more beachy (for only $50 more per night) right on the beach in Pensacola Beach. It had more to do, though, with the surrounding Milton area than the Holiday Inn itself. Only the truck stop Waffle House is within walking distance - and the selection of fast food and other restaurants in "downtown" Milton isn't exciting. The hotel was adequate - the best part was the breakfast in the morning - great selection and variety. Room was dark, but quiet and clean. Pool is tiny. For a Florida vacation, go somewhere else closer to the beach and closer to restaurants.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent comments. We understand that Milton is not a resort destination so I apologize if that's more along the lines of what your family was looking for but I'm very happy that you were able to enjoy your vacation just 30 minutes away on the beach. Being an interstate property there's not as much recreation in the direct vicinity of the hotel but just a few miles away we have some great things to do such as canoeing, biking, camping and hiking. Please come back to see us if you want a more leisurely environment than the beach resorts next time. We'd love to have you back!
Helena, Mt
Reviewed 22 May 2011

We were pleased with our King bed & sofa studio suite. Hotel is in a rural location just off freeway and 20 miles from beaches. Staff was very friendly and upgraded our room. Breakfast was typical HIX and was well kept up. Two drawbacks were the fan in the bathroom that wouldn't turn off (someone had put towels over it) and the fan in the main room blew on us during the night. It appeared they gave free water to guests after us, but must've forgot us. This was our second stay in two years, and we would stay again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
JGuillory, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milton, responded to this review, 24 May 2011
Thank you for being our guest for the 2nd time. I'm happy you chose our property again for this trip. I hope you enjoyed all of the new upgrades we've added over the last 2 years. The latest of which is the new 37" flat screen TV's that our guests have raved about. We also put out complimentary bottles of water and fresh baked cookies at the Front Desk every afternoon between 4-8pm so that may have been why you saw other guests with it. We hope you visit us again in the future!
Columbia
Reviewed 4 March 2011

I wish this wasn't the case for our stay at the hotel. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, and breakfast was good. Unfortunately, our Ipod nano disappeared from our room on our final day there. This has been reported to the Santa Rosa County Sheriff's office. I would highly recommend locking up all small valuables. A hard lesson learned.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank 17blue11
JGuillory, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milton, responded to this review, 8 March 2011
Thank you for your comments. While I am very glad that your stay was comfortable I am also very sorry for the loss of your Ipod. Upon speaking with you on the phone I thoroughly inspected the room and under all of the furniture and did not find the device. We also conducted an internal questioning with our housekeeping team and they have not seen any electronics being lost & found in the past couple of weeks. While I'm sure you have searched through your luggage by now I am hopeful that it will turn up somewhere in your belongings. I certainly hope this does not refrain you from visiting our property again in the future. Sincerely, Joe Guillory
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Stayed overnight passing thru, the front desk staff was excellent, the room very comfortable, and the breakfast was great. The only bothersome thing about room 221 was the a/c fan was kind of loud and annoying. Hopefully they will fix that for the next guest(s). Other than that everything else was excellent.

• Stayed February 2011
JGuillory, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milton, responded to this review, 21 February 2011
Thank you for your comments. We strive to make sure our guests are truly satisfied and love to hear how we can help make improvements for future guests. Please come back to visit us again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milton
15.2 km away
25.2 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Navarre
35.2 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola / I-10 Pine Forest Road

Been to Holiday Inn Express Milton? Share your experiences!