“Amazing staff, tremendous value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar

Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
Richmond, Virginia
“Amazing staff, tremendous value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

I traveled to South Florida on Dec. 31, 2011 to do Habitat for Humanity work with college students on Winter break. We spent the first two nights at this Hotel. We had three rooms total. In all my years of travel I've never seen a front desk staff more friendly or more willing to offer suggestions for places to eat, visit, etc. They truly went beyond the call of duty, on a very busy weekend. This hotel is only a couple of miles from Sun Life Stadium (home of the Miami Dolphins). It has a heated outdoor pool and a clean workout room with cardio machines, plenty of weights (dumb bells), and two televisions. They also offer a good, hot breakfast. I could not have been more pleased with the customer service and the cleanliness of the hotel rooms and facilities. Absolutely a tremendous value. Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if ever in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

I booked this hotel for five nights between Dec 26th and New Year's Day and was pleasantly surprised by the staff's efficiency. The hotel itself appears to be newer and is located near the intersection of Miramar Parkway and Red Rd., making it fairly convenient to I-75 if not located right at the exit. You can also reach 826 from Red Rd. if you know where you're going, but the traffic is heavier. Granted, we were there on a week when rush hour traffic on Mramar Parkway was probably lighter than normal, but the price at this Hampton in was considerably less than another Hampton directly off I-75, one or two exits further north.

We knew the hotel was booked, but when we arrived, we discovered it was because the hotel was hosting teams in town for a soccer showcase and later a basketball team. Having bad experiences before in hotels hosting kids' sports teams, I was prepared for the worst and was happily disappointed. We were placed on a floor away from all the kids and never had one complaint about noise at odd hours or kids running down the hallways. The maids had that room spic and span every day, despite the crowd and holiday week that has used short staffing as an excuse not to clean rooms at other hotels. Breakfast every day was fully stocked, albeit lacking in diversity of hot food over the course of the week, but also understandable as the hotel staff had obviously selected a menu that could be quickly replenished for large groups of people. Pastries were much more diverse than any I've had at other Hampton Inns, except for one day at the end of the week. This Hampton Inn also has a much larger eating area than I've seen at any other Hampton I've stayed at...and they needed it that week.

There's nothing in walking distance, as others have stated, and the hotel *is* part of an industrial park, but on the edge and not in the middle of it as someone stated. It's right on Red Rd. and there are grocery stores, some restaurants and shops on both Miramar Parkway and Red Rd. For anything more, you only need to go up I-75 one exit to reach Pines Blvd. (East) for the mall, big box stores, tons of restaurants, etc.

We booked the place due to an overfow of guests at our relatives' houses further south on I-75, so we didn't care that he hotel wasn't near any tourist areas. The staff was friendly and did their jobs well. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There's a huge empty field on the side of the hotel away from Red Rd. It's a quieter side f...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Holly Springs, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

My husband and I visited this hotel in December. It was a great experience. I read other reviews about the awesome staff at the desk. They were ok but Barbara was great. Barbara prepared the beakfast each day. The breakfast was great and she was there to make sure that we had all that we needed. She also recommended places to visit. She went above and beyond. She really made the stay wonderful. This is an awesome place to stay.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back for the view of the lake.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Kingston, Jamaica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

I checked into this hotel with relative ease. I had a busy day and then a one and one half hour flight to Ft Lauderdale so It was a relief that the receptionist got me checked so quickly.
The property was clean and well maintained. The rooms were also in very good condition. It seems that these receptionists get great training, they are all so friendly. The person that absolutely blew me away with her warmth great attitude and good manners though was Michelle. Michelle is awesome. I stood while waiting to speak to her about extending my stay on my second night and heard her interaction with other guests and I was so impressed.
Very well done Hampton I will be back.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
van nuyes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

I had a good experience at the hotel. The hotel has a convenient location near I-75 and Miami Stadium. The staff were friendly and helpful.especially Michelle and Wendy There rooms were standard and the cleaning crew were on the ball. I liked the beds and the bathrooms were nice also.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

We stayed 10 nights while touring the Miami area. This might seem an odd location for that purpose, but near the end of Nov we were saving over $40/night over similar hotels in the Miami area, so hey, I'll drive a bit. (You do the math!) Although we had guessed that the clientele would be mostly business people, the majority were actually tourist types or people in town for a special occasion. Apparently they could do math, too.

During our stay we often saw and interacted with the front desk staff. The whole time they were smartly dressed, well-groomed and totally professional. And exceedingly effective. We asked for an extra pillow and it was there when we returned. The straight-back chair wasn't comfortable for sitting in the evening to watch TV. We had a new one within 10 minutes of our request. My wife likes a cup of decaf tea in the evening, but there was none. After mentioning it, the next day chamomile and regular decaf had appeared. They were not the brand of the others; a staff member must have gone and bought some. A premium brand, too.

General maintenance was superb. We saw the hallway floors being vacuumed every day. On Thanksgiving we took the day off, since everything is closed anyway, and just hung around. We saw the breakfast area and lobby seating being thoroughly cleaned, including pulling up the seat cushions on couches and cleaning there. Then someone was repainting the lines on the driveway outside. There's no such thing as a holiday in the hospitality business, but I'm still surprised at how much work was going on.

The room was large, comfortable, with zero traffic noise. Breakfast was fairly standard fare. The fresh fruit salad was very nice, but always got picked over as people went for the pineapple, some orange pieces, but rarely grapefruit. Note to hotels: we're an aging society taking cholesterol meds that get neutralized by grapefruits. Don't put them in the fruit salad. Instead, leave some whole ones with the rest of the fruit for those who can eat them.

And a note to the maintenance guy: you're doing great but you need to pay attention to the guest laundry. The dryers have a huge accumulation of lint and a wipe-down of the machines would be a good idea.

Although the area seems very bleak for dining, there are numerous Tripadvisor-rated restaurants within a few miles, especially in the fairly upscale Pembroke Gardens outdoor mall.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lucky_Eddie
Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

The ladies at the front desk were all real helpful and sweet, especially Michelle and Wendy! It is a nice hotel with an awesome pool. Cleaning service is prompt and well maintained. Plus who could beat complimentary breakfast and free internet access on top of all that? We had a very nice time at the Hampton Inn in Miramar, Fl.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miramar
4.8 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Pembroke Pines
15.0 km away
Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar? Share your experiences!