“Great value”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
Key West, Fl.
“Great value”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Great value priced hotel. The staff was very friendly, everything was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank pedidik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Weston, Florida
Reviewed 26 January 2012

There are not too many lodging choices in this part of Broward County. This HGI is comparatively new and it is in good condition. The location is not ideal as it is in a business park that is very congested during rush hours and there are not traffic lights at the closest main intersections. These conditions can provide you with a real South Florida driving experience.

This was my second stay in a six month period. The staff has been very friendly and helpful with good smiles and greetings from everyone. I do enjoy feeling welcomed.

This time I stayed for four nights and ended up having to work each evening which gave me a chance to try the room service. I was very pleasantly surprised at the food quality. It rivals the quality and value of the nearest chain restaurants. While the menu is limited, the food arrived ahead of schedule all three nights and was fresh and hot. When Francisco delivered dinner the third night, it was the citrus roasted chicken and I could smell it before the door was even open. Delicious, and as good as the comparable meal at a notable local restaurant for half the price. I still can't believe that I got a decent meal, from room service, at an HGI.Good job!

My room was spacious and comfortable. The PTAC was very quiet, and there was no parking lot or neighborhood noise. Great bed and pilloas. All OK in the bathroom. Cold min fridge that kep the beer happy.

The location is not a good choice if you want restaurant options within walking distance. The next exit North on I 75 (Pines Blvd East) has dozens of choices. Near the HGI (long walk/short drive) is one of the La Carreta restaurants. La Carreta is a local Cuban chain. Good for an introduction to Cuban food if you have never had the pleasure. About the same distance away is a Publix supermarket, and of course McDonalds, plus a few other fast food places.

The only negatives for this stay were;
1. My room was on the west side of the first floor. This is a very busy and noisy part of the hotel. If you are a light sleeper, plan to be awakened by late night and early morning visitors to the fitness room. My room, #114, shared a wall with the fitness room. Not a good thing. The service staff areas are also in the same corridor. After 7 AM, it is noisy and busy.
2. The TV service was pitiful. I am not much of a TV watcher, and I had a new book to read so this was not a big problem. However, I played with the TV a bit just to see how lousy it was, and this could win a prize for technical failure and user frustration. If it had happened during a football game, things would have been different.

I expect to stay here again, but will avoid the first floor. If you don't mind a short drive, there are many shopping and dining options within 3 miles.

Room Tip: Stay away from the group of rooms on the west side of the first floor. Very busy and noisy
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel for my anniversarry weekend and it was the worst experience ever! From the minute I called to book the reservation I had to be transfered 4 times because I was using a gift certificate my daughter gave me. No one knew how to handle a gift certificate. Finally my reservation was booked and I stayed the two nights. Front desk took credit card information just in case for extra charges and said everything was ok. Come the next day my credit was charged for both nights. I tried calling the hotel for a week straight to speak with the manager "Rebeca Mendez" and she never answered or returned the call. When she finally did She was extreemly Rude and basically said it was my fault for not booking it correctly. I don't know what else I could have done to make it more clear that I had a certificate. So I basically payed even though I had a certificate and I was treated like crap just because I wanted a refund. Make sure that when you go there they dont steal your money. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maria R
Mount Vernon, Illinois
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Property is well done and the folks are extremely helpful and friendly. Has restaurant on site that very reasonably priced. Breakfast buffet is awesome and priced reasonably as well. I will definetly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank GalenMonk
Reviewed 13 November 2011

this hotel is clean and for the most part the staff is ok. the weekend dining staff could be a little more pleasent but i guess you can't have it all. dinner is good for the price. the beds are really comfortable and the rooms are clean. the only thing is, the location sucks! there is nothing close to the hotel. if you do not have a car there's no point staying here.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank mstru
San Diego, California
Reviewed 2 July 2011

The Hilton Garden Inn in Miramar is a terrific hotel if you are looking to stay somewhere between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. The hotel was very clean, very comfortable and very easy to get to. I would say that this hotel is suited more for the passing through traveler, but it's a terrific option nonetheless.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 May 2011

I've stayed at this hotel for around five years now, only missing one year, (where I stayed at the Hilton downtown Miami instead).
Now that Marriott have opened up a suites across the street, I think it's time to try out that place in future. This property doesn't really have enough draw to justify the nightly price, which is something that I would expect from a Homewood where the rooms are bigger and you get dinner, or a hotel on the beach/downtown.

I only ever got an upgraded room one year and I've only eaten there once, not that the onsite grill is poor, but because there are enough nice restaurants around.

Unlike other reviews, I found the desk staff to be pleasant and helpful, though they do seem to be all different people every year. it's south Florida in general where people can often be found to be comparatively rude and ignorant.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miramar
4.9 km away
1.3 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Pembroke Pines
4.8 km away
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale West / Pembroke Pines

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar? Share your experiences!