See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Within walking distance to restaurants and Walmart. Right on a lake. Very relaxing. Rooms were clean. Maid service great. Great free breakfast spread. Staff know how to get to anywhere in town. Very quiet hotel.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2018

I got up in the morning only to find my clothes gone! The cockroaches had carried them out.
Seriously, this was the worst room ever. Booked the hotel because of price. I should have read further. Three couple (in separate rooms) complaining about roaches. When shared disappointment/displeasure with owner she simply stated, she didn't care. Room had been painted - everywhere - on toilet paper holder, ceiling. Grout everywhere - all over tile.
So disappointed, No wonder there are no cancellations and refunds available.

Room tip: Wi-fi was beyond slow
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fancita
Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

Do not stay at the budget lodge at Mount Dora you’d be better off sleeping in your car. This place has cockroaches in every room not palmetto bugs actual cockroaches. When I told the owner she said she didn’t care I showed her pictures she said I still don’t care do not stay here. She would not offer any compensation or any type of refund she doesn’t care. Two other rooms were leaving due to cockroach infestation she didn’t care. I have a picture of the dead cockroach I was able to kill.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank wiflgal
Reviewed September 14, 2017

This is a family owned and run motel. Not the Ritz but CLEAN and COMFORTABLE. Most important they welcomed our 75lb dog, most will not. This was during a major storm with stress levels at their highest. Alan(owner) checked on us making sure all was well. We live right down the street but did not feel safe staying in our home. We DID feel safe staying in this motel, even when we lost power.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank wolferichard
Reviewed September 1, 2017

Comfortable stay and rooms are clean , quite and helpful management .Also pet friendly rooms. Housekeeping on time . Also pool is clean and maintain well .Wi Fi works great. Feels like come again for longer stay , lots of fun around this area.

thank you again .

Room tip: quite all rooms and love tile floor.
Date of stay: August 2017