“No more!”

Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Has closed, signs indicate the space is available. Happened suddenly without warning, no indication that it will reopen elsewhere.

2  Thank P H

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

The Lost Parrot was located in downtown Mt Dora. Great, varied menu with excellent homemade chips and salsa which go well with the house margaritas! Sadly this restaurant has recently closed its doors. The food was always good...live music and a fun crowd made this restaurant a nice night out. Will miss the friendly staff and fun atmosphere!

1  Thank Marilyn_508
Reviewed 4 April 2017

This Key Lime Pie is to die or!! Believe me!! I used to be an evaluator of "the best Key Lime pie from West Palm Beach to Key West. This is truly bettr than ANY!! (Maybe the baker who came and intorduced himself to us used to have a tiny little key lime hut on US1 near Homestead. It is no longer there.
EVERYTHING at the Lost Parrot was yummy-and-forget the no gluton thing. My husband is a NO WHEAT man and they prepared everything he ordered just the way he wanted. Amazing!!
Went back next day to again savor that yellow key lime with the tangy flavor and tiny strips of key lime peeling as decoration. We got an extra piece to take home--but it got eaten before we made it home. Really--you can't go wrong at The Lost Parrot. I am a STORYTELLER and face artist now and even the "Story of the Lost Parrot" is
memorable. We wee in Mt. Dora for the State Storytellers Convention and, believe me, many took our advice and went for the key lime.
Ramona from Pembroke Pines, FL

Reviewed 30 March 2017

I went with my nephew and his wife. I had the Chicken salad and it was not only great it was very reasonable. My nephew had the fish tacos and said they were delicious. My nephew's wife had the cobb salad and was also impressed. Our waiter was prompt, attentive, helpful, and friendly. All in all it was a very positive experience.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

I've read many other reviews. Yes, speed of service can be variable. I don't go here when I'm in a hurry. I go here to sit by the open window, feel the breeze, watch the people go by, eat my fish tacos or other Carribean-influenced fare while my picky son noshes his black and bleu burger, and pretend I'm on vacation. If you're already here on vacation, then unless you have somewhere to run off to, I think you'd like this unassuming but sometimes awesome place. There's inside seating, covered open-air "patio" seating, a fun tropical color scheme, and an upstairs bar. They have a quite varied menu, including seafood, soup, chili, 9 salads (!), fried appetizers, a couple of steaks and a couple of chicken and/or pasta dishes. And key lime pie, unless they run out. There's a kid's menu that may not show up on the website. There are occasional bar specials (of which I'm not an expert), and some live music nights (check the website). Fine dining it's not, but I love the atmosphere and that's what brings me back.