“Pine Island Grille - Excellent Dinning!”
Review of Pine Island Grille - CLOSED

Pine Island Grille
Price range: US$3 - US$32
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Mount Dora, Florida
“Pine Island Grille - Excellent Dinning!”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We enjoyed a very delicious and fresh lunch outside at Pine Island Grille. B.L.T. with Fried Green Tomatoes and Fried Grouper Sandwich. The Grouper was perfect. Lightly breaded with cornmeal, flaky, moist, large and very fresh. The service very friendly and quick. The menu is varied with interesting upscale choices. The place was busy and all enjoying their dinning experience. We will go back. Recommend.

• Visited December 2013

“So-so”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

The appetizer (seafood dip) was fantastic, the drinks were strong, and the shrimp and grits were nasty. There were only a few other people in the restaurant, but it was Monday. Compared to the other options, I wouldn't go here again. If in Mount Dora, you should go to Goblin Market.

• Visited December 2013
Apopka, Florida
“Disappointed in Mt Dora”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Prime rib special- meat was so tough to cut and chew quit trying after the first several bites. When asked how it was we expressed our concerns and then paid the bill (in full). The mashed potatoes were good and the waiter was friendly and quick to refill drinks. Needless to say it was a very disappointing date night and we would not return or recommend Pine Island Grille in Mount Dora. :(

• Visited November 2013
Pinellas Park, Florida
“Festival Menu”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

At lunch time during the fall craft fair, we were weaving through the crowds looking for a place to sit and rest (and eat!) Wandered into this restaurant and to our surprise they seated us right away.

We were handed a paper "festival" menu with eight offerings at $10.95 each, plus drinks. I completely understand why they had to have a limited menu and I suppose it was pretty smart planning. The craft fair crowd was MASSIVE and to offer a full menu would have been a real challenge. A friend and I ordered the Portobello Caesar Wrap after being assured that they did not use anchovies in their Caesar dressing. The rest of our party each ordered the 1906 Tampa sandwich. I have to admit that at $10.95, I was pretty disappointed in my wrap. But, it was sustenance and kept me going for the rest of the afternoon.

The bright spot of our meal was our server. I wish I had caught his name because he was pretty special. You'd imagine that because of the craziness of the day, you'd be rushed and not treated with the hospitality you might normally receive during a typical visit. But he was so kind and patient with us that it really impressed me. Always had a smile and our drinks were never empty.

I would return based solely on the service he provided us, with the hope of sitting in his section and getting a better meal.

• Visited October 2013
DeLand, Florida
“Don't go during Art Show!!!”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

5 of us went to the Art Show today. We went in due to sign outside advertising Shrimp and Grits. One of our party love them. Due to the Art show they served only 6 items, all priced for $10.95. We each had something different, Shrimp and Grits, Cuban Sandwich (call 1906 Tampa), Rice and Beans, Shrimp and Fish Tacos, and Portabella Wrap. Nobody liked the taste of their food, everything was very blah and poor quality. The Cuban was cold and the cheese not melted. The Shrimp in the grits and tacos were nasty tiny can flavored shrimp. The portion size was very small for all but the rice and beans. One would think that if you limit your menu for an event and charge a lot for the meal, that everything would be excellent. DO NOT GO HERE

• Visited October 2013