All reviewsfront deskhot tubflat screen tvfridge and microwavebeds were comfortablepool areaihopmotelfloridapets
Reviewed December 2, 2015

Right after Veteran's day, booked a suite, checked in shortly after 1500 hrs, was given the keys, but maids were still cleaning it. In their rush, suite was lacking many supplies and was not properly cleaned. Surprisingly, none of them understood english, or they pretended not to, so had to make multiple trips to office for various things. At some point, got tired of running to office, so asked a maid who was in doorway of another room for an extra trashcan. She promised to take care of me, but then continued to chat with the guest in that room for 20+ minutes. Not only that, she was on her cellphone a lot. Went back to the office and complained about the maid, but I doubt she was even reprimanded. Went to office again in the evening to see if i could get safe in suite fixed. The caucasian male working desk kept suggesting that I fix it somehow, and became hostile when I insisted he take care of it. At some point, he yelled at me in front of other guests and told me to get out of lobby. After maybe one hour, he brought some gadget to suite and reset the safe. He did not bother apologizing for his rude and inappropriate behavoir earlier. Then there was the patio door which would not lock, which got fixed eventually. Instead of enjoying the suite and relaxing, i spent most of my brief stay tussling with the hostile/unprofessional staff, trying to get various problems with the suite fixed. The next day, the maids avoided my room, and I once again had to go hunting for supplies. That night, I booked a cheaper poolside room for the next day. When I went to the office around 1000 hrs the next morning to transfer rooms, Mishael (from Belize) said I would have to check out of the suite by twelve noon, but that my new room would not be ready until 1500 hrs. She refused to let me stay in the lobby until my room was ready, saying there was a 30-minute limit. So off to the Olive Garden nearby for the next three hours. Did not return to the Red Roof until after 1500 hrs, when Mishael now claimed she could not check me in because managment had flagged my name. She refused to explain why I had been flagged, saying I could call the manager the next day. Naturally, I was furious and advised her I would seek legal redress for my grievances, including her termination from the hotel. Also, she refused to let me stay in the lobby while I called my booking agent (hotels.com) to sort out the mess. In fact, she and the same caucasian from the safe incident told me to leave the lobby immediately, so I left..my name is Charles Tamfu..litigation to follow..

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
5  Thank CharlesTamfu
Reviewed December 1, 2015

This is a great place in a good location for the price I paid. It's about being clean and what i perceive for value. It's not Hyatt or Marriott. Nor did I pay for a Hyatt or Marriott. Would definitely stay here again. Naples is like Aspen Colorado. Very high end. This hotel was perfect for what I was wanting.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Beckbird
Reviewed December 1, 2015

Seth, night desk clerk, was very helpful with directions to sites of interest. The room was clean and frig and microwave worked properly. Had a problem with sink draining slow and maintenance fixed the problem within 15 minutes of reporting the issue. The pool area and grounds were well cared for and the plants were very pretty.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the ice machine
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jim B
Reviewed December 1, 2015

We stayed here for 3 days while visiting friends in the area. Since there were 3 of us we booked a suite and we were all so happy with it. We had a bedroom with flat screen TV, bathroom, large kitchen with full size fridge and microwave and a living room with table, chairs, hide-a-bed and another flat screen TV. We also had a nice lanai which overlooked the pool area. The landscaping was very pretty with lovely plants and flowers and the pool was heated. We do appreciate the fact that they allow pets to stay free as we had our chocolate lab with us. We were very happy with it and would stay again and would not hesitate to recommend it to friends. The beds were clean and comfortable and we all slept very well there.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank picky75
Reviewed November 22, 2015

Red Roof Plus advertises as a '100% smoke-free hotel.' This claim applies only to the rooms. Smoking is EVERYWHERE in and around this establishment. People smoke and drink on the balconies directly outside the rooms so the smoke permeates the air throughout. They smoke near the pool and hot tub, leaving cigarette butts littering the ground all around (and there was a beer can near the hot tub too). There are trash cans at intervals piled with butts. For non-smokers like us who have allergy issues with tobacco particulates, it was a thoroughly unpleasant experience. Had we the time we'd have checked out and gone elsewhere. When we complained about the profusion of smoking the desk clerk did give us a free night in compensation, which went a little way toward redressing the balance, but we won't stay here again.

Our room was large and clean enough, but the small area of carpet between the beds looked shabby and needed replacing. The room also lacked a fridge, microwave, hair dryer, and even tea/coffee facilities. We found the bed hard and the pillows as substantial as marshmallow. The curtains lacked a valance, so a lot of light leaked into the room during the night, making it difficult to get to sleep.

The bathroom basin is an odd design, like a chunk of porcelain perched on top of the counter. For children or those with mobility issues this could be a problem. We experienced a lot of noise during our stay - people moving furniture around in nearby rooms at odd hours. The fan in the bathroom also ran constantly, with no means of turning it off.

The pool water looked clean. We found the hot tub water merely tepid.

No breakfast area is provided in the hotel. An IHOP is located at the front of the hotel building.

On the plus side, the place is cheap and close to the beach and amenities.
There is a coffee station in the lobby. Smokers looking for a cheap place to stay would like it here.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple