We checked-in to Room 203 for a two-week stay. Not sure how long this room had been vacant, but there was a hotel service directory covered with mould spots sitting on the table to greet us, along with a distinctly musty smell in the room.
Both problems were quickly fixed. Picked up a new directory and gave the mouldy one to the front desk staff. Opened the patio door and turned on the air conditioning and the mustiness gradually disappeared over the course of the day.
Hot water (the lack of it) was a problem for one day. We reported it and it was fixed by day's-end.
The room is on the second floor in one of the "wings" of the building. The Dock restaurant is mere paces away and a great spot to eat, right on the water. The bathroom is smallish but adequate. Decor is "seafarer" style and each room is individually owned, thus uniquely decorated. Likewise the newness of the decor varies with the unit. Balcony is large with two chairs and a round table. A nice touch - there were a few extra folding chairs stored in the bathroom storage area. Came in handy when we had company over to the room.
View from the balcony is great....Naples Bay. Always some activity among boaters and folks walking along the docks. Saw a few dolphins frolicking on Day 3 right in front of the main lobby entrance from the bayside.
Pool was fine....nice and warm (almost 90F), which was appreciated due to the unseasonable cool weather during our stay.
There is a smallish "observation" area just outside of the lobby on bayside. Two patio tables with umbrellas and 4 chairs each plus a couple of loungers offer a great vantage point....that's where we saw the dolphins!
The Chickee Bar is located on the dockfront adjacent to the pool. You need to be an Inn guest to use the bar. Note that this bar is shared by the members of the Naples Yacht Club. If you don't like cigarrette smoke, you'll skip the Chickee Bar. It gets a bit noisy at times but closes at 10 PM.
Speaking of noise, the on-site coffee shop is packed every morning. We went with another couple for breakfast......a bit overpriced and the seating is cramped but the place has - shall we say - character. But NOISY! You can eat at the bar or at a table. No credit cards accepted. Lineups are common.....a server will come out into the lobby and yell your name to indicate a table is ready for you. Seems a popular hangout with the locals. We gave it the one try and passed after that.
Free cookies, tea and coffee are presented every day in the lobby from 3-4 PM. Nice touch.
Wireless internet is available but very spotty as you get further away from the center section of the Inn. The Cove Inn's wireless was not even visible to my computer from my room. A free public network was but it was very weak. We found we had to move toward the lobby to gain access to the Cove's own network, which is very strong when you are within range. We got used to using the small Library (right next to the lobby) for Internet since the reception was excellent, as it also was in and just outside of the lobby.
Daily housekeeping service was friendly and quite thorough. Bed was comfortable. Air conditioner doubles as a heater and we needed both alternatively during our stay.
A Sony Bravia 42" flat panel HDTV provided excellent viewing, and the cable service is ACTUALLY HD and not just a stretched SD picture as many hotels provide. Watching the Super Bowl on it was stunning.
There is a ceiling fan in the bathroom above the sink. Odd place for a ceiling fan. No other ceiling fan in the room.
Smallish fridge and stove were adequate for our needs, but we saw a few other rooms that contained full-sized fridges.
The Cove is within reasonable walking distance from the local tourist traps like Tin City, the 3rd Ave shops (the ones that have not gone out of business yet), etc. The Naples Beach is about a 15-minute walk. A number of very good seafood restaurants are nearby. As mentioned, The Dock was a favourite and it took about 60 seconds to get there from our door.
We also made a couple of friends....two Muscovy Ducks who like to sleep on the rim of a large fountain located just below our balcony.
Conclusion: We would stay here again. It is a unique accomodation in Naples, with character and some flaws as mentioned. For the price, however, there is nothing nearby that comes close.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cove Inn on Naples Bay is perfectly positioned to offer a truly unique waterfront hotel experience for guests seeking everything, from stunning bay views and a warm service, to authentic Florida charm and affordable luxury. Watch dolphins frolic in Naples Bay as you live life on island time in this laid back area of Naples which is just eight blocks from the beach and Naples Pier. Do everything or nothing at all with an array of nearby activities, just walking distance from the Cove Inn. Rated as Naples' best value hotel, the Cove Inn is located right on the water in beautiful Old Naples overlooking the delightful Crayton Cove. Famous for its Dock Restaurant and independent shops, Crayton Cove brings together the best boutiques, delicious dining and seafaring adventures, all clustered around City Dock and Naples Bay... Just steps from the Cove Inn. From the moment you check in to your spacious room, you will feel a million miles from home as you soak up the spectacular views of nautical life at its best across the bay. As a condo hotel, every room is individually designed and decorated, and there are different room types to suit the needs of our guests, with bayside views or more economical city views. Our "Hotel Rooms" offer the best rates while our "Efficiency Rooms" include a small yet well-equipped kitchen. Or, kick back in our one-bedroom apartments as well as a two-bedroom "Penthouse" which boast beautiful bayside views. Each room includes a refrigerator, microwave, flat screen TV with free movie channels, and a Keurig coffee-maker with complimentary coffee. There is also free Wi-Fi in-room and throughout the hotel. In addition to our popular Dock Restaurant where you will find the best local seafood and a laid back atmosphere, you can also enjoy the Boathouse restaurant. The Boathouse is right on Naples Bay with amazing water views, perfect for sipping a cold island drink with friends, or indulging in a tropical seafood menu. Watch a majestic sunrise and then escape the relaxing haven of your room to find our popular Coffee Shoppe at the Cove Inn, renowned for serving some of the best breakfasts in the area. The warm, friendly service and legendary pancakes will see you coming back for more as you start each day in the tropical Florida sunshine. Some of the best onsite places to relax in the sun include our bayside swimming pool where you can lounge out with a good book from our library before taking a refreshing dip. When you're in search of a thirst quencher, you'll soon find your favorite drink at our poolside Chickee Bar which enjoys balmy breezes right off the bay. Our back deck and sun-drenched lobby also create perfect backdrops for a laid-back catch up with family and friends. Right on the doorstep of the Cove Inn is an endless variety of activities, including shopping in Old Naples on 5th Avenue South where there are sidewalk cafes, unique stores, galleries and fine dining along palm-lined streets. Take your camera along 3rd Avenue and feast your eyes on the beautiful artwork, sculptures and fountains that surround you. Watersports-lovers and sun-worshippers will be in their element when visiting the impressive beaches in the area, including Naples Beach, Lowdermilk Beach Park and Keewaydin Island. Charter boat fishing is available at the Naples City Dock, and golfers can take time out at a range of excellent clubs such as Eagle Lakes Golf Club and The Links of Naples, all just a short drive away. There are fantastic day trips to enjoy from the Cove Inn with many attractions showcasing the best of Florida's natural habitat. Guests love visiting The Conservancy of Southwest Florida which is home to a nature center and also offers boat tours. The Naples Botanical Garden is also rated highly, as is of course our state treasure, Everglades National Park. The best way to end a memorable day in Naples is to celebrate the stunning sunsets from our 1,000-foot long historic fishing pier before exploring Old Naples to sample the best cuisine in one of the many local restaurants close to Cove Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Cove Inn on Naples Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cove Inn On Naples Bay Hotel Naples
- Cove Hotel On Naples Bay
- Cove Inn Naples
- Cove Inn On Naples Bay Florida