“Another good Joey D’s”
Review of Joey D's

Joey D's
Ranked #198 of 1,057 Restaurants in Naples
Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

This one has a big outdoor bar and tables for dining. Nice service with the usual good food and great pizza. Lots of TVs for those who like to watch the game.

Reviewed November 11, 2017

and return to Joey D's to see if it will be my go to Italian place. I am comfortable in reporting that Joey D's on Davis/Airport remains the number one choice for the red sauce, peasant food I so like. If you follow my previous reviews, it is clear the type of dishes that I prefer. Tonight, we met Joey D himself, taking a turn in the kitchen. I object to any dish that throws the entree over the pasta (I call it "mac"). I ordered chicken cacciatore and I also prefer the chicken to be in small pieces and not breasts. Jpoey and I had a discussion and I learned something about the origins of cacciatore, buxt we disagree about some other points. That's okay, because this place too close to home to avoid and always willing to listen to what a diner likes. What's wrong with that? Absolutely nothing.

Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

Nice wait staff and fun atmosphere! All 6 of us just had drinks so cannot speak to the food but when in season would imagine it is a hopping place.

Reviewed July 29, 2017

We arrived after checking out reviews and the menu on trip advisor and were looking forward to a nice meal. It's CLOSED folks so don't bother going !

Joey D, Owner at Joey D's, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2017

I'm sorry that we were not open when you came in but there were signs on all doors clearly stating that we were closed for the week. We are a family run restaurant and our staff works hard all year. We feel they deserve a week off to spend with their families. And we also like to take this time to do any repairs that are needed and a deep clean. Sorry if this interfered with your plans. That being said I don't know how this deserves a one star rating.

Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

I'm from New Haven so I know GOOD pizza. So you can imagine when I'm in Naples I'm not one to go out for pizza because it's NEVER like home or what I'm used to. But Joey D's restored my faith in Naples pizza. I believe the owner is from either NY or NJ so that would make sense as to why it was very similar in flavor and texture to what my family enjoys. The sauce was great and the dough was delicious. We will definitely order again in the future. They also deliver which is a huge bonus with kids because sometimes we are just too tired to go back out after a long day at the pool or beach. If you're looking for good pizza in the Naples area, look no further than Joey D's!

1  Thank PoshPrincessTravel