2,122 results
All reviewspools and hot tubskoi fishbreakfast is servedbest westernspool areatropical paradisetiki huta ground floor roomfree breakfastlowdermilk beachbeautiful landscapingpalm treesbeach shuttlebagelsmain poolbreakfast areafirst floor
Reviewed April 18, 2018

The staff of the hotel was very kind and helpful. The room was very clean and detailed. The pool and jacuzzi area very clean and nice. The hotel it's perfectly well located to enjoy the beaches and recreational areas. I will go for sure soon!

1  Thank JessikaV18
Reviewed April 17, 2018

This hotel and grounds is a tropical paradise. It is well maintained with a friendly staff. The outdoor breakfast was delicious. The pool and hot tub were clean and refreshing. Our room was spacious and clean. We loved it!

Reviewed April 13, 2018

Very courteous and friendly staff, clean and nicely appointed rooms, lovely grounds, convenient location. Great value! The only thing annoying is having to type 200 characters to leave a well deserved 5 star review!!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 594eileenc
Reviewed April 12, 2018

Our experience…

My wife and I decided to stay at this hotel based on TripAdvisor and family recommendations, so we were anticipating a good experience from the start. After checking into our ground floor, pool front suite, I went outside to relax on the patio. To my chagrin, I found that next to our two lounge chairs and table was a very large and loud air conditioning unit which was constantly cycling on and off every 10 to 15 minutes. Additionally, there was a constant stream of children and adults who were walking back and forth in front of our room going to and from the pool area. I knew my anticipated restful and tranquil vacation was in jeopardy when one of the other guests (who was walking to his room from the pool, and seeing me in my repose on the patio) said to me, “You’ll never get any peace and quiet here !”

At that point, I knew that I needed to address the issue with the staff, or find a different hotel. I went to the Front Office, and advised them of my issues with the room, specifically the loud and noisy air conditioner, the ongoing foot traffic in front of our patio and the lack of privacy. I asked first for the same room type on a different floor, but none were available. I was then offered the option to move to the apartment accommodations, initially for an additional cost of $ 20 per night (which is very reasonable for this upgrade) but after I indicated my strong displeasure about my current room and my adamant desire for a quieter and more private room (and if unavailable that we would be checking out the following day), the manager on duty advised me that we could stay in the upgraded room for the duration of our stay (8 nights) at no additional charge.

I was slightly shocked by this, thinking that possibly the upgrade still may not provide the peace, quiet and amenities my wife and I were looking for, but I was wrong. The apartment room was GREAT. It was overlooking the back pool and gardens and was far enough away that the noise level was quite tolerable (we have kids ourselves, so I totally understand the joy, excitement and laughter that comes when they’re at a pool, so that noise was not an issue for us). The unit had a full kitchen (with newer appliances), living room area (with a 4 seat elevated “pub” table and leather sofas) and a separate bedroom that had a very comfortable king-size bed (so comfortable, in fact, both my wife and I woke up a few mornings thinking that we were in our own bed at home!). Both the living room and bedroom had large flat screen TV’s. There was also a screened in lanai/patio accessible through sliding glass doors from both the bedroom and living room. And since we were on the 4th floor, along with the quiet, there was complete privacy.

What started out somewhat nightmarish, quickly turned into the peaceful and relaxing vacation we were looking for. Long we will remember our morning coffee and evening spirits as we sat out on the lanai, feeling the warmth of the Gulf breezes, surround and relax us throughout our stay.

In light of the courteous and accommodating treatment we received from the Management, along with the quality of the rooms and grounds as well as the pleasant, hardworking and helpful staff, I would highly recommend this property.

Additional thoughts and observations…

1. The hotel complex and facilities…

As far as I could tell, the complex is setup in three separate sections, and appears to have been originally built in the 1960’s or ‘70s. Both the buildings and grounds are very well maintained. The front section houses the front office and lobby along with standard and suite size rooms. This area has a pool and hot tub which are surrounded by tropical gardens and koi ponds. Additionally, the breakfast area is at this location. The back section is similar to the front section with a second pool and hot tub along with more gardens and ponds, but it also has a chickee hut where there are tables and chairs. On the south side of the complex, there is a multi-story, multi-unit, condo/apartment building which has sheltered parking underneath it on the first floor.

2. The positives…

- Very friendly and accommodating staff

- Artsy sculptures and displays throughout the property which add to the appeal of
the landscape

- Beautiful tropical gardens, koi ponds and palm trees

- Well maintained pools and hot tubs

- Full breakfast including eggs, meats, cereals, waffles, breads, rolls, juices…all very
tasty

- Great housekeeping staff; rooms were kept very tidy and plenty of towels provided

- Diverse group of guests hailing from Europe, the US and other parts of the globe
add to the ambience

- Comfortable beds

3. The negatives…

- If you desire a ground floor room, be advised that unless you’re away from the
pool, your privacy will be impacted by the constant foot traffic to and from the
pool. Additionally noise from the pool area can be an issue for these poolside
rooms as well.

- Rooms at the back part of the property (not including the apartment/condo areas,
which are south of the regular hotel rooms) have large and loud A/C units. These
units are on all floors and on all patios/lanais in this area (as far as I could tell).

- Satellite DIRECT TV had very poor reception. We found it difficult to tune into
certain channels and the channel selection process was very slow. Also, we were
constantly advised on the screen to perform the most recent firmware update
(something we had no way to do) which I must assume impacted the performance
of the receiver.

4. Changes we would like to see…

- Setup a small indoor exercise area with a couple of treadmills, free weights and a
universal gym apparatus.

- Remove the excessively large and loud Rheem/Rudd outside A/C units (found in
the rooms in the back of the property) with the smaller and quieter Mitsubishi units
(found in the rooms in the front section of the property).

- Due to the overcrowding at the breakfast area during peak times, resulting in
scarce seating and tight quarters, add a second breakfast food area in the back
section of the hotel at or near the chickee hut or pool area.

5. An interesting thing…

- From what we noticed, there were at least one or two egrets, who on a daily basis
would fly into the various hotel gardens looking to get a meal of koi fish, and
sometimes successfully so. To repel this unwanted fisher, it appears that there
are a number of small black birds which constantly harass and attack the egrets
to keep them away….I must assume that the management has provided nesting
areas for these black birds to help in keeping the egrets at bay…fascinating to
watch

6. And finally…getting to Old Naples (the back way)…

- If you want to stay off the main drag (i.e. Route# 41 – Tamiami Trail) to get to and
from 5th Avenue South or 13th Avenue South for food and entertainment, turn
down Mooring Line Drive, until you get to Crayton Road, take a left on Crayton
and follow it until you come to Oleander Drive. Take a left on Oleander
(southbound) for a short distance to Gulf Shore Blvd. Go south on Gulf Shore
Blvd, and a few miles down the road you will come to 5th Avenue, then 13th
Avenue.

Room Tip: The rooms in the front section of the complex have quieter A/C units,
5  Thank SJerseyJ
Reviewed April 11, 2018

Our family of 5 stayed for a week at this hotel on vacation. We were overall really pleased with our experience.
Positives: Charming and whimsical statues in a beautifully landscaped outdoor area. 2 pools left us with plenty of space, even over spring break. We even had the pool to ourselves a few times. The outdoor space made this feel like a real vacation spot. The service is excellent and friendly. Our kids especially loved seeing the friendly women who served breakfast each morning. And the included breakfast buffet is a real cost-savings when you are feeding a family for a week! It's a typical hot breakfast, but the kids enjoyed making the waffles each morning. It could have used a few more fresh fruit options. A couple of times our kids were wiped out from the beach and we got some free movies from the front desk- I was impressed to see they had a lot of very new movies available!
Other considerations: While the rooms are clean and comfortable, they are probably due for some updating. This is not a luxury stay, but I think that was reflected in the more affordable price. My teenage son slept on the sofa sleeper all week and the mattress was very comfortable. The room was okay, but we didn't spent a lot of time in there on vacation anyway. And there were plenty of outdoor spaces to relax in when we were at the hotel. I loved that we could walk from our first floor room to the pool easily through the patio door, though to lock the door we had to have one person run around the other side!
In summary, the value for the experience was very good and we would definitely return!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family