My wife, son and I spent a week in March, 2012 at the Ritz-Carlton - Naples for spring break. We upgraded to the club level with a king sized bed and a day bed for my son. A couple of observations:
1. Overall, a very good hotel, but I do think that the facility is beginning to show some wear and tear in our room and some of the common areas. Stains on upholstery, knicks on painted woodwork, etc. were clearly evident.
2. Gym and spa are among the best of any hotel I have ever stayed in.
3. Club level is worth it. Food and service are excellent.
4. The hotel was at capacity the week we were there and it was evident. The place was packed but the hotel staff did do a good job of keeping up with demand.
5. The electronic key system is antiquated and needs to be replaced. Each time you enter the elevator, you are required to enter your room key for floor access, which worked about 80% of the time. I learned that the key might be rejected from one elevator but work in another. Also, cell phones erase the key which is a problem from the 1990s. Fix this already.
6. The food in the many restaurants is very good and service was generally prompt which was impressive given the full capacity of the entire property.More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking