“Great resort”

Ranked #21 of 59 Hotels in Naples
North Wales, Pennsylvania
“Great resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights and for the most part we were impressed. The location is ideal, right on the beach. We stayed in the Patio building and the room was very nice and very clean. The bed was a little soft, but overall no complaints about the room. The staff overall was excellent, everyone was very nice and helpful. The pool area was also very nice and we hung out at the pool bar a few times, great view of the gulf. The breakfast buffet was also very good and actually affordable.

My only negative was that they charge $9.95 a day for Internet. That seems excessive to me. I'd rather they charge me more for the room and include it in that charge. Other than than that we had a great stay.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank sjuhawks19

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in March. If you are coming to Naples and want to spend time at the beach, STAY HERE! It is so convenient to just be able to walk from your room to the beach, much more than staying at another hotel and taking a shuttle. Since the first night was an add-on to our original reservation and it was at a very busy time, we stayed in two different rooms. Our room in the main building was, as others pointed out, not a great view (rooftops but could still see the gulf) but it was a nice room, and had the best lighting I've seen in hotel rooms, with overhead lights above the bed, as well as a table lamp. And convenient if you wanted to sit in the lobby in the evenings and listen to the piano. Second room was in the Watkins building, also a nice room with balconies overlooking the gulf. Rooms are spacious, nicely designed. All the staff was very accommodating, and they took care of our room switch with all our luggage while we sat on the beach. On-site restaurants are not particularly memorable and not cheap, but they are very convenient, and again the staff is very accommodating. And I'm not a foodie, so I never really care about the food or research it too much either. Reserve a tiki hut for your beach stay, they kept us dry when the sudden rain showers popped up. The mattresses in both rooms were very very comfortable and they have the best feeling sheets!

Room Tip: Watkins has good views, but I didn't mind the main building either, even without the views--beca...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank travelingmom30577
Arlington, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

My sons and I stayed here last week for three nights. We stayed in the Cabana section. Unattractive section as far as the exterior. View was of the roof top and HVAC units in front of our room. Beds were extremely uncomfortable. Standard hotel room. Nothing special. When I was checking out, I wanted to print out my boarding passes. Everything costs money! $3.95 for 15 minutes use of the computer. Then the printer was low on toner and barely printed visible copies. I told the staff at the front desk, who seemed disinterested.

All in all, I would not rate this hotel anything more than average. Great location is a redeeming factor. Food was good, not great. Staff were good. Golf course was outstanding. I would consider staying here again, only for the location though. Be careful that you don't get stuck in the Cabana section.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the Cabana section.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bill W
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

A menagerie of architectural styles - seems like the original hotel just expanded by buying the buildings to the left and right of them and rather than demolishing just gutted and renovated them - it works. Strangely more appealing than one uniform smear of resort sameness blighting a quarter mile of beach. It is a resort however and while we were there we witnessed a wedding (nice) and an accounting seminar dinner (?) Whatever. We we lucky enough again due to the flexibility and decision making freedom of the courteous reception staff (kudos to senior mgt) obtain a last minute waterfront room in a building called The Penthouse a mid 70's hip design 5? story structure (actually with a privately owned penthouse up top used as the guest cottage by the owner whom I understand owns a bazillion sq ft oceanfront home up the block - tight on space? Or so the story goes) the building had a very clean retro interior design and it was actually several hundred yards from main reception - a bit of a hotel unto itself - a good thing because you are removed from the hub of action dining dancing etc centered more closely to the main hotel. Room was clean food was fine. First time (maybe just a drive thru prior) to Naples thought the West Coast was dead - lots of swinging 50's something's decended on the hotel waterside bar the Sunday eve we were there. Elvis was definetly in the building.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank TXZ22
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Wow! This hotel is fantastic and located directly on the beach. My family and I stayed here in may 09 for 3 nights and was not disappointed. We had a room at the front of the hotel with a balcony as we got a deal, the rooms facing the ocean are expensive but worth the money. The room itself was decorated so nice you really get what u pay for. In the morning they leave you a paper outside your door and when we arrived we ordered another mug as there was only 2 and they came in when we was out and left chocolates on our pillows. I would really recommend this hotel its gorgous! The only downside was not all the eating places were open but other than that the hotel was great and if i return to naples i will stay here again as I have stayed at others in the area since and they do not compare.

Room Tip: I would recommend an oceanfront with a balcony the views are amazing.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Nikki186338
New Providence, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

I stayed at the Naples Beach Hotel for five nights, February 21-26 with my husband and two children ages seven and five. I almost gave this hotel four stars instead of three, because there are some wonderful things about it. But then, I had to downgrade them.

First, the good: the rooms are absolutely wonderful. Clean, great beds, spacious, wonderful views, tastefully decorated, nice sheets, plenty of high-quality towels. Lots of nice touches. I was "wowed" when we first walked in. The grounds are lovely as well. There is an amazing kind of "retro Old Florida" vibe here that I really, really liked. And ULTIMATELY, I would stay here again, which is the true test.

But if you are thinking of staying here, there are a few things of which you should be aware. The food is really not that great. The breakfast buffet was average quality and the food did not change one bit the entire time we were there. HB's had pretty mediocre food and was very expensive. I think they are coasting on the fact that they are the only beachfront restaurant in Naples. At the pool one day we ordered lunch. Three hot dogs, one order of chicken fingers, one order of chips and four soft drinks: seventy-five bucks!

The Kids Club was run by VERY nice staff, but it was very loosey-goosey. The staff said, "Oh we will do whatever your children want to do." I would prefer if they had an organized program for them. No other guests seemed to know about the Kids Club so when we used it once, our two were the only ones in there, and we picked them up in dark room with various crafts littered around and a TV going in the background. A little depressing. Not a Kids Club like Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons.

Finally, the pool was closed twice during our stay (which is a tragedy when you are there with kids and paying the high season prices). Once it was closed for an entire day and both times because a child apparently had an "accident" in the pool. Rumor was it was the same child and the family was asked not to come to the pool again. They absolutey should have a policy that children who are not potty trained need to wear swim diapers, but we saw no evidence of such policy. And do you really need a whole day to disinfect a pool? Our local pool can do it in an hour when this happens (and I do realize that it does happen!). It was just unfortunate for all the guests and again, I can't imagine this happening at a Ritz or Four Seasons.

So overall there are some plusses and minuses to this resort. I would give it another try, but I would go into it with my eyes open.

Room Tip: If you want privacy, stay in the Penthouse Wing. If you want immediate beach access, stay in the Pa...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank JenEndyB
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Naples has the most beautiful beach in FL and the best hotel is the Naples Beach Hotel! The hotel is elegant, luxurious and the staff are warm and responsive. It's no wonder, the hotel is family run! You can see the owner helping out where ever he's needed.

The Naples Beach Hotel has the best location of any hotel in Naples. The beach is steps away from the rooms and the hotel wants you to enjoy the natural surroundings. They have equipment for you to use to enjoy the beach and they boast the very best sunset location in Naples!

Most important the Naples Beach Hotel welcomes families!!! They really know how to help children and adults enjoy a gorgeous beach vacation. The hotel has a great pool and even offers a fun kid's club experience so mom and dad can go shopping or for a walk. The hotel rooms have an empty fridge where you can get a few essentials for breakfast or snack time (mom's of small kids know how frustrating it is to have a minibar fridge and nowhere to store a little milk and juice)

South FL is mostly retirement communities. Let's be honest, the tolerance for kids is pretty low! If you are craving a classy, yet down to earth hotel that caters to families and respects the beauty and natural wonder of the beach, then head down to the Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Resort. They are good people who will ensure you have the beach vacation experience ever!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family